What never gets old in golf?

Dropping that 15 foot putt for birdie.

Striving to hit that perfect shot again. I have only felt it once truly, but the perfect full iron shot that goes in for an ace. There is no more perfect swing.

Playing with my friends and giving them the business.

Just how damn hard the game is to play. I love challenges.

Setting a goal and meeting it never gets old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting the peg into the ground on the first tee.

A flushed approach shot that is tracking the pin

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Trails on the green, left in the dew, during early morning rounds.

Sticking one close. I can have an awful round, but if I hit one approach in tight, that's all I'll remember from the round.

Hitting GIR with a shot over 100 yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing a course you only play a couple time a year and shooting your HC.

On parallel running holes one a par 5 and next long par 4. Hit the green in 2 and grab putter and driver then give the push cart a running start and shove it to the next hole about 250 from the tee and then fly said bag by 25 yards as you tee off on the next hole.

My foursome is my buddies of 20+ years where we all grew up within the same town, played on the same sports teams, and were together every weekend. Now where we all have families seeing them just doesn't happen as much as it used too. So for me the thing that never gets old is getting to the course and having that time together with my closest friends.......That all being said, beating them never gets old ;)

The fresh air, the views, the connection with others, and that occasional great shot!

All of it just keeps me going back for more

1. Hitting a green with a long iron or 5w.

2. Correctly reading and executing a putt with a lot of break and slope to it - even if it only leaves a tap-in.

3. Kind of an obscure thing, but there's a short par 3 at my home course that at certain times of the year faces directly into the morning sun. When playing a solo round, it's not uncommon to lose the ball in the sun. While it's easy to feel a solid strike, I can't always tell the direction it took so I have to listen for it to land. What never gets old is hearing the ball hit and knowing it's on the green.

4. When it becomes so cold in the morning there is no one else on the course. The bonus is that this often coincides with the fall colors.

Of course, the reason these types of things don't get old is because they occur so infrequently. They are also the types of things that draw me back out there when I feel like walking away from the game.

Putting for eagle

Back