I came SOOOO close to my first Eagle.

Wiskey

GRINT 12.7
Reaction score
Handicap
12.7 Grint
I was on a par 4, and hit a fabulous 270 yard drive. My average is 250 according to shot scope, but I find the screws sometimes! I'm sitting 110 from the hole, a perfect distance for my gap wedge since the wind is in my face just a little bit. I went through my routine, fully expecting to get this one close and got totally distracted in my back swing, didn't bail out of the shot, hit the ball way fat making it go 60 yards.

I was ticked, I quickly dropped a second ball from my pocket just behind the divot then swung on the same line. The shot felt perfect, I was holding my finish as I watched the ball draw toward the pin just as in envisioned it. The ball bounced twice, hit the pin and went in!!!!!

If only that had been the first ball :(

Whiskey

I was on a par 4, and hit a fabulous 270 yard drive. My average is 250 according to shot scope, but I find the screws sometimes! I'm sitting 110 from the hole, a perfect distance for my gap wedge since the wind is in my face just a little bit. I went through my routine, fully expecting to get this one close and got totally distracted in my back swing, didn't bail out of the shot, hit the ball way fat making it go 60 yards.

I was ticked, I quickly dropped a second ball from my pocket just behind the divot then swung on the same line. The shot felt perfect, I was holding my finish as I watched the ball draw toward the pin just as in envisioned it. The ball bounced twice, hit the pin and went in!!!!!

Whiskey

Ha, it’s always the second shot!

Still awesome to see and definitely something to build off of. Great shot!

The second golfer is always an all-American all-star.

Even though it doesn’t count, it’s perfect for showing potential.

Nice par.

My 2nd swing is a scratch golfer, too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

great second shot,,,congrtz on that it feels good I know :)
Player "B" is always the better player.

But honestly (not to bust your bubble) sorry if it sounds mean but you didn't come sooooo close to anything at all. You were simply and actually sitting 2 after a second shot with the original ball with about 50 yards still left over to the green. Not even a par yet.

That doesnt take away from that great shot. But that's all it was , a great shot. You holed out from 110 and that's awesome youll remember that for a long time. But its not an almost eagle at all. Its really nothing as for anything score wise.

Last edited:
Bubba, second shot hitter, is always a scratch golfer.

My mate once got a hole in one with a provisional of the tee. If only it had been the first shot.

Whiskey

Heck of a par though!!! Great shot.

Back