Shot my age today

doc53

Reaction score
Handicap
+1.5
I birdied the last hole for a 66 today (par 71). I turned 66 in June. I was 2 over after 5 with a penalty on the 5th. Chipped in for eagle 2 on 6th and then went 4 more under on next 5 holes before getting stuck on pars until the 18th. This was my major goal after starting to play golf again last year after essentially having given up the game for about 40 years.

Last edited:
I birdied the last hole for a 66 today (par 71). I turned 66 in June. I was 2 over after 5 with a penalty on the 5th. Chipped in for eagle 2 on 6th and then went 4 more under on next 5 holes before getting stuck on pars until the 18th. This was my major goal after starting to play golf again last year after essentially haven given up the game for about 40 years.

Congratulations! That is a nice goal attained.

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So much to say congrats on! Playing the last 13 holes in -7, hitting the ball long enough to chip in for eagle on a par 4, and the ultimate of shooting your age. All after a virtual 40 year layoff! Imagine all the great golf that could have been in those "lost" 40 years.

Some of my playing buddies have shot their age, but they're in their mid to late 70's.

Again, congratulations. I'd have to live another 10 years, at my present skill level, to achieve shooting my age!

Thanks for all the kind words. The best part about the move to Iowa upon retirement last year besides getting to play a great course every day, is the chance to play with several new "old-timer" friends. They are always fun and supportive. And one of the nicest who is in his 90's shot a 90 just last week for his best round in some time!

Nicely done. It's a long term goal of mine as well. Of course in my case it's probably at least 30 years away. Unless you count a 9-hole round. In that case I did it last week.

I birdied the last hole for a 66 today (par 71). I turned 66 in June. I was 2 over after 5 with a penalty on the 5th. Chipped in for eagle 2 on 6th and then went 4 more under on next 5 holes before getting stuck on pars until the 18th. This was my major goal after starting to play golf again last year after essentially haven given up the game for about 40 years.

Great playing !

That’s a massive recovery right there!!

Nice! I’m 40 and am having a heck of a time shooting my age for 9 right now. Golf is insanely hard!

Congrats!

Congrats that is awesome.

That’s fantastic! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!!!

Sweet. Goal achieved, now you know you can do it.

Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment that even some former tour pros have not accomplished. It's a goal of mine, but at 62 I probably need a little more age to go with my score.

thats really awesome , when i grow up i want to be like u :)

Haha. It's amazing what being able to play (and practice) a lot of golf can do for your game.

Congratulations! That is really a young age to get started doing that. Hopefully there will be many more to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That and carrying 4 wedges.

Awesome feat! Congratulations on the tremendous round!

Awesome, congrats!

I'm 40. I hope I have another 64 years in me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Congrats on the record round!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Congrats! That's quite an achievement!

Congrats, quite an amazing feat. I sure hope I can join the ranks in 30-35 years, talk about a LONG TERM GOAL!!

Back