How much money would it take?

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.5
If somebody would give you $10,000,000 tax free, but you could never play golf again, would you do it?

Yep, I have other hobbies.

If somebody would give you $10,000,000 tax free, but you could never play golf again, would you do it?

Now I KNOW it's hypothetical.

I think I could do it, but I'd spend that money quickly in case I changed my mind.

You really don't want me to play golf for the rest of my life do you

Without a doubt.... Yes.

I guess the better question is: Are you happy where you are? Would money change it plus or minus? $10 million is a lot of scratch, but it's not F you money. It'll only go so far.

I'm good.

I'd like to think I could, but I would have so many what ifs floating through my head it would be a hard decision to make. Plus having all that extra money would allow me to travel to places and play courses I never thought I'd be able to get to, and now I can't play golf. Now if you offered a certain $ to give it up for a set period of time, that I could strongly consider.

I'd have to consume my time fishing and getting back on two wheels I guess.

You really don't want me to play golf for the rest of my life do you

Ha ha. I am going through life changes. My wife decided she wanted a divorce. It is a second marriage for both of us. We have been married for 2 and a half years and been in a relationship for 4 years. She really never came into the marriage and couldn’t give up her former life, once we were married and living together. She continuously travelled with her former friends, including couples with whom she and her deceased husband had travelled. I would be left out and feel hurt. We continued to go in circles over it and she finally said she just didn’t think our personalities meshed and wanted a divorce. Obviously, there is a lot going on there, but it has really caused me to think about what we value in life. I truly have loved this woman far more than anything else, but I don’t think everyone values relationships over pursuits or things.

Yup. I'd build a sim.
Like a sim of all sims.

Hell yes I would

Clubs are in the trash, where's my check?

Yes, I could give up the game for $10M.

Without a second's hesitation.

I'd have me a Porsce to race.

Yeah, probably but not much less. Everything has a price.

When I first read it, I saw $10k, and I wouldn't even think about it.

Re read 100,000 and it was still no. 1 mill.... now we are having a discussion. 10 mil? cut that check homie, I gots to get my bag up on FS at THP ASAP. Mainly because I would spend all of it on blow and hookers and be dead within 6 months so the rest of my life would not be long. Get me a check, and lets do this ****!

When I first read it, I saw $10k, and I wouldn't even think about it.

Re read 100,000 and it was still no. 1 mill.... now we are having a discussion. 10 mil? cut that check homie, I gots to get my bag up on FS at THP ASAP. Mainly because I would spend all of it on blow and hookers and be dead within 6 months so the rest of my life would not be long. Get me a check, and lets do this ****!

I don’t know if this is the right answer but it isn’t the wrong one. A+ rollercoaster ride.

I hate to admit I'm a sellout but I'd take the money. Life could be so much better/easier for my family for generations to come with that sort of dough, plus maybe even enough for me to dabble in AutoX or something.

Some hilarious answers in here, I'll PM you the account to put it into.

Yep, in less then a heart beat

Yes. Y'all could visit me on St. John.

I hate to admit I'm a sellout but I'd take the money. Life could be so much better/easier for my family for generations to come with that sort of dough, plus maybe even enough for me to dabble in AutoX or something.

You probably wouldn’t say this if you hadn’t gotten into the Granddaddy. It’s all downhill from there. Ha ha. Just kidding.

Love golf, but for 10m? Hell yea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back