How much money would it take?

For $10mil, I would quit golf and play tennis. AND. I. HATE. TENNIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It breaks my heart to say it, but yeah.

I’d spend a lot more time traveling with THP creating content though. Assuming you’d still be allowed to be in the game itself.

Does “hit clubs into a simulator” count as playing golf?

Your answer almost shocks me, @Canadan. I didn’t even think about the loopholes, ha ha.

Golfers, such honest do-gooders... I would take the money, change my identity and play more than ever :D

For $10 million yes. That would mean no more work. I'd start playing tennis or something LOL!

Frig, I'd do it for a million.

Your answer almost shocks me, @Canadan. I didn’t even think about the loopholes, ha ha.

If I can put my family in a position to enjoy their life to the absolute capacity by giving up something I love, I think it would have to happen.

I suck at bowling though.. Damn, that would suck.

Frig, I'd do it for a million.

I thought about this a fair bit last night...

For one million dollars, I think my answer would be no. 10 mill is just... 10 mill. That's &%#$ you money.

For one million dollars, I think my answer would be no. 10 mill is just... 10 mill. That's &%#$ you money.

I would just go back to playing hockey 2-3 times per week. Then ski a bit more often. $1 mill just wipes out our school debt, mortgage, and allows my wife to buy into a practice without a business loan. Golf is amazing, but that sets up a lot of things in our lives.

Heck yes I would and wouldn’t think twice about it. Also...sorry to hear about the divorce

totally. that’s not shut it down money, but would make things a lot easier. i could play tennis, or take up surfing. i’d find something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now I KNOW it's hypothetical.

I think I could do it, but I'd spend that money quickly in case I changed my mind.

inheritance would be tax free in many states. obviously there would be tax on earnings annually.

inheritance would be tax free in many states. obviously there would be tax on earnings annually.

I didn't know that, but I didn't see it referred to as inheritance anywhere either.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agreed If people are smart with it. Now if people are going to be stupid with it then yeah in theory it's not really a lot. And I think the masses agreee its alot

I disagree. It's not. It would be gone before you know it. Now. $10M annually and you might have me thinking about it.

Haha maybe not in Cali it’s not.

That’s big money here in Ohio. Easy to make it last and enjoy life.

10 million. Easy answer for me. I’d do it without a doubt.

Oh, absolutely. My wife and I could both retire immediately. Purchase a modest house near a beach and a cabin on some acreage and relax for the rest of our lives.

10 mil USD? easy

take the money and go back to snowboarding

Would break my heart but that'd be incredibly advantageous for family. Potentially for generations to come if managed correctly.

Tenputt;n8637323 said:
Ha ha. I am going through life changes. My wife decided she wanted a divorce. It is a second marriage for both of us. We have been married for 2 and a half years and been in a relationship for 4 years. She really never came into the marriage and couldn’t give up her former life, once we were married and living together. She continuously travelled with her former friends, including couples with whom she and her deceased husband had travelled. I would be left out and feel hurt. We continued to go in circles over it and she finally said she just didn’t think our personalities meshed and wanted a divorce. Obviously, there is a lot going on there, but it has really caused me to think about what we value in life. I truly have loved this woman far more than anything else, but I don’t think everyone values relationships over pursuits or things.

Similar here, first (and by god as my witness, only!) wife of 16 years moved her and the kids out on me while I was at my first THP event a month ago. Took what she wanted and everything of any value with her. I haven’t played in a month and honestly golf has been very frustrating to me lately. I have a major illness and I think it has greatly affected my abilities, if not that for sure the medications for it. I was a 5.2HC going into last fall and now am at 9.6 and I have played more like a 15 than a 10 this year. I honestly enjoy watching my sons play more than I enjoy playing anymore.

My middle son is very talented and just made Varsity #1 as a scrawny 120# 5’8” Freshman who by age should be an 8th grader. His first ever tournament was the county junior and he lost in a sudden death playoff out of a field of 47. He hits the ball almost as far as I do now with injury, illness, and age catching up to me. His CHS is in the 110-112 range and he’s gained 20mph or more in the last 2 years. I can’t wait to see where he ends up at. His older brother (almost 16) can get into the 120-125 range, but he doesn’t love the game so he doesn’t put in any work and isn’t very good. He has fun while playing though which is the most important part of it.

10 million would be enough for him to chase the dream of turning pro by financing world class instruction and paying for the mini tours. It would be life changing money for all of my sons as it would put them through college and start them well in life.

If asked the same question a year ago I’d have to give it more thought. I’d probably throw in qualifiers such as “can I have a Sim” etc. Where I’m at in life right now, it’s a very easy decision for me. I’d miss the hell out of it, but I’d take the money. Right after the divorce was final, lol. I sure as hell ain’t giving her 5 million of it with me being the one making the sacrifice. Maybe if she gave up hair spray for life I’d consider splitting it with her. Probably not though.

pmm21;n8637865 said:
I disagree. It's not. It would be gone before you know it. Now. $10M annually and you might have me thinking about it.

You and I must live very different lives then friend. To me it’s not quite %%^ you money, but I could easily live comfortably on that (provided no mega inflation of course) as well as provide a good start to life for my sons. I’d probably work, but it would be more on my terms than what my current job is, and a lot less hours and stress for sure.

Those with a net worth of $10 million are in a very elite class of wealth. The are far fewer millionaires in the U.S. than many think. I picked it as a number, because there is no reason that anyone with that much money should have to work again, or ever worry about finances again, if they would be wise stewards of their money. It has been interesting to see that nearly everyone who has responded recognizes that and would use the hypothetical newly found wealth to make the lives of their family members better. A lot of class people participate on this forum, all joking aside.

Back