Golf or your Spouse

I would give up golf for the wife, but she would probably beg me to start playing again within a month of having me around constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this even a question?

Family over everything. Always.

I have been playing golf for 47 years and I love the game......My wife, I would lose everything i had before giving up my best friend

a5ab09eb4fc1527179481a6f45fd78de.jpg

Such ultimatums are indicative of other issues in the marriage.
Very true. No hobby is worth a marriage, but is she/him/them a control freak, or crying out for help. I would reduce golf for a while and see what happens, then make a final decision.

I love my bride but I made it 24 years without her.

Bye bye golf. Family first every single time.

no hesitation. i’d sell the clubs and never look back. i adore my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not even a thought. Family is ALWAYS first. Bye bye golf.

If given that kind of ultimatum, there'd be a counter-offer.

Seriously, if my wife needed me to quit I'd do it in a heartbeat. Fortunately, she enjoys the break.

If your spouse/significant other said you must give up golf or I will divorce/leave you, would you give up the game?

Well a real spouse/significant other should want you to be happy so if they really loved you they would never give you this ultimatum...

My sweet baby would never lay down an ultimatum like that! If she did, why she'd cease to be my sweet baby and I'd really miss her :)

Only if she gives up her Hallmark Channel mystery movies. :clown:

If your spouse/significant other said you must give up golf or I will divorce/leave you, would you give up the game?

Total hypothetical, I'd give up golf.

That said, if my wife said something like that to me, we'd be having the talk anyways because that's WAAAAY too controlling for me!

We’d go have a talk with our family counselor to dig down into whatever the real root issue is.

Without hesitation. Luckily I will never get that ultimatum.

"Oh, are you giving up fishing then, honey? No? Okay, moving on."

Luckily it's so far fetched and hopefully Ida never married a girl like that to begin with. But if it were a real ultimatum I'd give up the game for the sweet lady I love now. My crazy first wife however would've been kicked to the curb.

Yes. But I say that easily because my wife is toot sweet.

I'd propose a compromise of less golf...but if she doesn't understand my love for the game - then she probably doesn't understand me at all.

No, because then she wouldn't be the woman that I married, the women I fell in love with wouldn't ever ask!

If there were (somehow) a valid reason for it? I'd pick my wife, of course.

But if it were a baseless ultimatum? I know I'll sound like a jerk here, but I won't live my life that way for anyone. I'd never demand anything of her, if something is senselessly demanded of me... with the actual threat of divorce? I'm out. There's no appeasing that approach, bound to be another senseless demand around the corner.

Good thing it's hypothetical. After 24+ great years, I thought we were good.

due to advice from my lawyer I am declining to comment on this matter.

Family over golf...new family on counter option accepted.

Not even a thought, I can beat the crap out of other spherical objects.

Fortunately, I didn't marry someone that would give me such an ultimatum. However, as others have opined, if the ultimatum came about because of a neglect to my family (be it financial, emotional, etc.) then, yes, it would be time to step away from the game, take stock of my priorities, and recognize the failure that would put my spouse in a position that they would feel the need to pose such a ultimatum.

Back