Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in as well. Last year I was able to break it twice, 77 & 79. This year I did it early on with a 78, but went on a barage of low eighties before jumping clear back up into 90's for a while, lol. However, I shot an 86 on Friday and two 84's today, haha. We had a blast playing 36 holes today, but a bit much for this old man. I had several chances to break 80 today, just got bit by an ob hear or ball under trees there.

Good luck everyone, we'll get there! Congrats on yours Dent!
    Cart Bag C-130
    Driver: :Williams
    3 wood: SuperFast 2.0
    Hybrids: a12OS
    Iron's: a12OS 3 -GW
    Wedges: CG14 56*/ Cg15 60*
    Putter:Si-3 Black
    Ball: B330 RXS

Comment

Originally posted by Dent View Post
      Well right after making this thread I went out and shot 77 (see what did you shoot thread) It easily could have been 73 or 74. I was +3 after 14 and finished off bogey, bogey, bogey, double.

Uh... a 77 but being 8 over...

Is your course a Par 69? Just wondering.
      ---Under Construction---
      Will update soon :)

Comment

Originally posted by Albatross View Post
        Uh... a 77 but being 8 over...

Is your course a Par 69? Just wondering.
        I messed that up somehow... Maybe I wasn't +3 after 14 but I know I finished 38,39

Comment

It's kind of funny that my driving has suffered for most of the year, yet I was killing it today, all straight.

Just could not lock in my iron length. it was wet and windy, so that probably didn't help haha, but I was on pace for an 84.. Not what I had in mind.
          In my Team Hackers Vessel/Cobra Arnold Palmer Stand Bag

KING F9 Speedback 9* Driver
          KING F9 Speedback 13.5* Tour Fairway
          Z U85 18* Utility Iron
          KING F9 Speedback 4/5 Irons
          KING Forged TEC Black 6-G Irons
          RTX4 Black 50/54/58 Wedges
          Super Rat

Comment

I broke 80 for the first time last year and I thought my game had transformed. I haven't broken 80 since. My goal this season was to at least do it once this year. Unfortunately, I have been in the high 80s/low 90s lately. I've been taking a little break from golf (too many swing thoughts), but will be back at it after the US Open.

The biggest problem with me not breaking 80 is the number of shots I waste. I'm good for 1-2 OB Drives and 1-2 three putts.

My goals to break 80 are to average 30-33 putts (currently just under 36) and hit at least half GIRs (its bad right now, I usually hit less than 5 GIRs a round, but my short game saves me).
            Driver G15 Rooster
            Woods 3dx Utility 3 wood
            Hybrids: Idea Pro 3 & 4
            Irons: J36 Combo 5-PW
            Wedges: Fourteen M28V5 52 Thank You THP!
            VR 56, MP-T 60
            PUtter: IMO or Antigua

Comment

That is the killer, if you want to break 80, you can't have more than 2 three putts and I'd say no more than 1 or two doubles, depending on how good your other holes are.

Comment

My goal is to break 80 this year as well. Have had a slew of scores in the low 80's, and several in the mid-80's (with the obligatory bad round on a couple occasions earlier in the season). I think I'm just playing too much. I've played more in the last three months than all year last year. I'll go out and have a good round, and it starts a golf marathon where I'm really trying to force it. Played 72 holes between Friday night and Sunday afteroon this past weekend, and by hole 18 of the second round Sunday, my swing just didn't have anything left.
                In the bag...
                HiBore Monster 10.5*
                Big Bertha 3W
                a3 Boxer 3H
                Machspeed SQ 4-AW
                CG14 52*
                CG14 56*
                Newport SS 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by Dent View Post
                  Well, a little bit of a stolen idea, but what about for all the guys trying to break 80? If you are just struggling and haven't shot in the 70's in a while or even if you have never done it before and you are almost there post your progress and let us know how you're doing!

I myself am having probably one of my worst years of golf. I have only broken 80 twice this year. I'm just trying to get my stuff together and I should see scores dropping soon. I just HAVE to stay away from those double bogies.
                  I have been there before but it has been sometime. I have yet to get it going this year but I have had a few nine hole rounds around 40 but nothing really close playing 18.

Driver: Taylor Made SLDR Mini 12*
                  Woods: Cleveland Black CG 3 (16*) & 7 (20*)
                  Hybrids: Titleist 913H 24* & 27*
                  Irons: Titleist DCI990 6 thru PW
                  Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* & 56*
                  Putter: MEC Handmade
                  Ball: Callaway Supersoft

Comment

I've never broken 80. Lowest is an 81 with a bunch under 85. It will happen someday when I least expect it.
                    Driver: Callaway FT-IQ Tour 9.5*
                    3/5 Woods: Callaway Diablo Octane
                    3/4 Hybrid: Nickent 5dx
                    Irons: Callaway X-22
                    Putter: Odyssey White Hot #6

Comment

I've never broken 80, either. Actually 40 is my lowest for 9 also. Never could quite keep it in the 30s. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I typically start out well the first few holes of a round and get progressively worse.

Comment

This has been my goal for several years. I would periodically shoot an 82 or 83 with a lot of luck, chip ins, long putts, that kind of thing. Last year I had an 81 and 2 82s with several wasted shots, Flubbed chips missed three footers etc. So this year I think I have a realistic chance. I've shot an 81, 82 and 84 and didn't really feel like I played well so I'm hoping this is the year.

Comment

9 holes today because we had to walk, my old legs just don't hold up, haha. 42 and felt ok about it. We played a tough track from the back tee's, so how can I not be happy, but the course was so soaked I can't imagine if I had some roll on the longer shots. Putted ok and finally chipped well. It's hard to believe rain's still in the forcast. lol.
                          Cart Bag C-130
                          Driver: :Williams
                          3 wood: SuperFast 2.0
                          Hybrids: a12OS
                          Iron's: a12OS 3 -GW
                          Wedges: CG14 56*/ Cg15 60*
                          Putter:Si-3 Black
                          Ball: B330 RXS

Comment

Nice job Due, your so close!!

Comment

This is where I am most every time I take to the course, so close yet seems like so far . I have had one 79 round and my best to date was 4 over 76. I can usually string together a good front or back , but hard to do in the same round. Last week we played 18 I had 44 ,39 then played again and swaped the scores 39 , 44, so I know I can do it because I had back to back 39's. My problem is when I'm done with a round I can tell every shot that cost me the few stokes from being under 80, it say's it on a poster in my living room, "The toughest corse you'll ever play is the 6 inch one between your ears", and to date that is my problem, my brain gets in the way.
                              Thomas "Hitman" Heitman
                              In my Titleist light weight cart bag
                              R11s 9* kusala Blue 61
                              Superfast 4 wood 16.5 w/ YS 6+ Reg.
                              pro black hybrids 20* 23* Pro launch blue stiff
                              Irons: Well I'm working on that
                              wedges 52* , 56*
                              FGP 34"
                              Hex Chrome +

Comment

me too Hitman, on the last hole i started thinking about my score and how good I could shoot, all of a sudden off the drive I SLICED (never ever slice, it's usually a hook) almost out of bounds. I proceeded to double the hole.

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X