Trying to Break 80 Club

Congrats to everyone breaking 80 recently! Keep up the hard work and you'll get there more.

Im curious. Do most of u guys Sneak a birdie or 2 on during a round. I feel like I am the best golfer to not make a birdie some rounds.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I got 1 in my 79.

Most of the time I might sneak 1 in, others perhaps 2. My best is 3 over 10 holes, but I think that was just a good day after work :bashful:

Im curious. Do most of u guys Sneak a birdie or 2 on during a round. I feel like I am the best golfer to not make a birdie some rounds.

I don't have one every round but I would say I average 1-2 per round. If things are working and I'm threatening 80, there is usually at least one birdie in there.

That makes me jealous. I've only had like 3 all summer, 2 in one round and none on the back of my home course.

I might average a birdie every two rounds. I've never had more than two in a round and I've never birdied two in a row.

I've been on a roll; probably had at least one birdie in my last 5 or 6 rounds. Had 3 in my 78.

About time :banana:

17zs.jpg

Nice work Matt! Way to come through big on the back. Looks like your putting and/or chipping sealed it for you.

Congrats, Matt!

Thanks guys

Definitely the putting was a major help.
Never made so many 1 putts before and no 3 putts.

Way to go Matt! No 3 putts and a 0 putt on 18 to seal it! Tell us how that played out!

Yeah sure

Driver off the tee, Drove it straight but got a little under it, landed left side fairway just beyond the 1st bunkers

Second shot was to far out to cut the corner (more trees there than in image) so hit one down to the corner but it took a bounce right and left me a longer shot in.

3rd shot i had about 150 yards to flag (front of Green) and not the best lie, pulled it left slightly and it landed in the left greenside bunker. Plus the clubhouse looks out to the 18th green and could see there was some guys on the balcony having a drink and watching us play.

Best shot far last

The 4th shot. Deepish greenside bunker but my ball had an ok lie. grabbed my sand iron opened the face and went with it. Landed about 2ft from pin, bounced and rolled in for birdie. Best of all i got a cheer from the Lads that was watching from above.
k1z9.jpg

In my Sunday round of 73 I had 3 birdies on the front 9 as I drained a 25 & 35 ft birdie putts, the hard thing to swallow was #8 is probably the 2nd easiest hole on the course and I bogeyed it, as I drove the ball left behinid trees had to punch out left the chip short and two putted.

These are my stats after (26) 18 hole rounds via Swing by Swing App....

Notable Stats

Eagles
Birdies
Pars
Bogeys
Dbl Bogeys
Over Dbl Bogey

Need to work on improving the bottom two stats... :banghead:

Broke 80 for the 3rd time with a 39/39 78. Hopefully I can keep it going!

In my Sunday round of 73 I had 3 birdies on the front 9 as I drained a 25 & 35 ft birdie putts, the hard thing to swallow was #8 is probably the 2nd easiest hole on the course and I bogeyed it, as I drove the ball left behinid trees had to punch out left the chip short and two putted.

These are my stats after (26) 18 hole rounds via Swing by Swing App....

Notable Stats

Eagles1
Birdies24
Pars167
Bogeys206
Dbl Bogeys65
Over Dbl Bogey23

Need to work on improving the bottom two stats... :banghead:
this is a great idea. ive never thought to keep track of something like this. im gonna download this app right meow

Last 10 rounds I've been averaging mid 80's ... even on the rare occasion I'm under 40, can't hold it together on the back 9. For me, when I do break 80 it'll be because my chipping is closer than my usual 10 ft. Make solid contact on my chips, but can't get it close enough consistently...

Golf is a funny game, it's easy to get complacent or just stuck around a general score for a long time unless you do something about it. I don't think most people like change, but I think it's more important in golf than almost any sport. I've tried to change everything in my practice this year, along with practicing harder and it's paid off so far. I'm also guilty of too much experimenting with swings, but that helps too at times.

My last time out, Wednesday, I didn't break 80, but was pretty happy with an 81 on a new course and a tough one. Last year that would have been a 90 or better.

Not even close. I'm too embarrassed to post the number in this thread. Freekin' paradoxical round. Maybe the best driving round for me ever, hit 12/14 fairways and they were overwhelmingly good drives. 35 putts, which is my average, but which was actually bad today (missed a 3' downhill breaker for birdie...ugh). And just putrid, atrocious, horrific iron play (4 blocks/fades/slices OB into water? Really?). I walked into the pro shop and made an appointment with my pro for tonight. It was that bad.

I gotta put my name up on the wall I just got my first 79 today. It was without a doubt easily my best driving scrambling and putting day ever. Now I know fir is a very important stat, but I think what really got me under 80 was the fact that even those drives that I missed I was just off the fairway.

I gotta put my name up on the wall I just got my first 79 today. It was without a doubt easily my best driving scrambling and putting day ever. Now I know fir is a very important stat, but I think what really got me under 80 was the fact that even those drives that I missed I was just off the fairway.

Congrats on the sub-80 round! They feel so awesome!

Great job. Congratulations!

today on 130 slope Par 72. 38 on the front, then 42 on back - doubled #17 and #18 :-( .

Not even close. I'm too embarrassed to post the number in this thread. Freekin' paradoxical round. Maybe the best driving round for me ever, hit 12/14 fairways and they were overwhelmingly good drives. 35 putts, which is my average, but which was actually bad today (missed a 3' downhill breaker for birdie...ugh). And just putrid, atrocious, horrific iron play (4 blocks/fades/slices OB into water? Really?). I walked into the pro shop and made an appointment with my pro for tonight. It was that bad.

Really sorry to hear this buddy and really happy I wasn't behind you, haha. Go easy on yourself, it happens to all of us, otherwise we can't appreciate those low rounds. Bet you go low next time out!

Really sorry to hear this buddy and really happy I wasn't behind you, haha. Go easy on yourself, it happens to all of us, otherwise we can't appreciate those low rounds. Bet you go low next time out!

Its all good. Heck, I could have been at work instead :) And you would have been fine behind me, I have a mantra that bad play is no excuse for slow play :)

Back