Trying to Break 80 Club

I cant wait for some warmer weather to get that ball moving through the air a little easier haha. It makes practicing a little bit harder in the cold weather. The putting green got pretty frigid as the sun was setting on me yesterday.

Completely understand. Yesterday was a much better day out than today, bearly reaching 50* and a bit breeze. We need some warmth to get that ball out there, lol. Rainy and mid 40's today.

This is me, I've had one of the worst starts to my golf season ever, but I guess this is due to playing pennants golf. I play in the Junior B grade for my club where I have to give about 13-20 shots in Handicap match play, here it just pisses me off. I guess my main problem is not being able to keep momentum, for example: http://www.golf.co.nz/MyGolf/Score.aspx?ScoreId=35260797 where I string some pars in a row but then go two bogies in a row. It's also those damned three puts which give the the doubles.

Way to go Boss! Feels good, eh?

yeah i still cant belive it to be honest i drove well today but my irons and short game was dialled into just hope i do the same on thursday thats the big test for my game.

I couldn't find this thread, so I'm posting this late. I shot another 79 the other day. :)

But then followed it up with an ugh. lol

yeah i still cant belive it to be honest i drove well today but my irons and short game was dialled into just hope i do the same on thursday thats the big test for my game.

79 feels 10 shots better than 80! way to go

I couldn't find this thread, so I'm posting this late. I shot another 79 the other day. :)

But then followed it up with an ugh. lol

CONGRATS ON THE ROUND - especially so early in the year

CONGRATS ON THE ROUND - especially so early in the year
Thanks G!

I just got back from the course where I shot a 75. 34/41. The first time I ever broke par for nine holes. I also had an eagle on 14 and a total of 28 putts.

Shot 83 today with a treble and two doubles dammit. At one stage it was all on.

Been very consistant at 82 to 83 in the heavy wind. Going out today found me on a mission, bad idea, lol. 84 for the round. 44/40. I finally caught myself trying to steer every shot at the flag and was missing greens like mad. Putting was solid, but the rest sucked. Back nine was a cake walk except one hole I doubled on on would have shot 38/44 for my standard 82.

shot 74 friday and 81 saturday. putting is key as well as finding fair. 8 fariways 9 greens 28 putts for 74 and 3 fairways 6 greens and 33 putts for 81. Trying to stay focused is sometimes very hard. On 81 shot 39 front walking and then took a cart on back as other two in cart and couldn't chat. Totally lost rhytm and tempo. I like walking keeps me in the moment.

Thanks G!

I just got back from the course where I shot a 75. 34/41. The first time I ever broke par for nine holes. I also had an eagle on 14 and a total of 28 putts.

Great stuff! Don't think the '13.0' will apply any more after 79, 75 :eek:k:

Well, you can definitely count me in this club. I've yet to break 80 and it'd be wonderful to do so this year. I'm patient, though, and will just keep working at it!

shot 74 friday and 81 saturday. putting is key as well as finding fair. 8 fariways 9 greens 28 putts for 74 and 3 fairways 6 greens and 33 putts for 81. Trying to stay focused is sometimes very hard. On 81 shot 39 front walking and then took a cart on back as other two in cart and couldn't chat. Totally lost rhytm and tempo. I like walking keeps me in the moment.

Having played a fair bit around Asia, I see the wealthy driving round in carts, walking is for peasants, and sending caddies back and forth cos they have the wrong club. Nothing beats walking in my opinion if you want to get a feel for the course and weighing up a shot as you approach your ball.

Im in this club and Im so close to breaking through. Once the courses dry up a little more, I will have a day where putts are falling and I will do,I would say within 2 months.

Im in this club and Im so close to breaking through. Once the courses dry up a little more, I will have a day where putts are falling and I will do,I would say within 2 months.

I say within 2 weeks. Depending on how much you play man but that post with your FW and GIR stats always pops into my head with posts like this. Another round of that and average short game I think you will bang out a 78.

I say within 2 weeks. Depending on how much you play man but that post with your FW and GIR stats always pops into my head with posts like this. Another round of that and average short game I think you will bang out a 78.

Thanks man, my fws and gir are really high, I just need to get putts to fall, and get a little closer with my pitches and chips.

Im lookin to break 80 tomorrow in my first official game of the year. The clubs are working great and im feeling like i can do it even without my wedges (getting regripped and extensions put in).

Im lookin to break 80 tomorrow in my first official game of the year. The clubs are working great and im feeling like i can do it even without my wedges (getting regripped and extensions put in).

Until you land in a bunker.

Until you land in a bunker.

No you just choke down on your hybrid, really open the face right up and hit the hybrid flop shot. Also if your HC is 4.8 you break 80 all the time.

No you just choke down on your hybrid, really open the face right up and hit the hybrid flop shot. Also if your HC is 4.8 you break 80 all the time.

Not usually first round of the year though. I dont do the range or club swinging of any kind in the winter so it usually takes me a bit to start playing as good as i ended the year playing. Ive never broke 80 first round of the year

Back