Trying to break 70 club?

Westridge right? That was my earlier post 70 round location. Fun course. Congrats!

Yes, Westridge. We joined there last January. I now have 8 sub 70 rounds out there since joining. Of course, at my age it is from the White tees, nowhere near as challenging as the tees you would play! :smile-big:

Yes, Westridge. We joined there last January. I now have 8 sub 70 rounds out there since joining. Of course, at my age it is from the White tees, nowhere near as challenging as the tees you would play! :smile-big:

It’s all relative! Still gotta put that little ball in that round hole!

I didn't realize I should be posting my sub 70 scores (like my "career" best -7 65 on June 4) in this thread! I've just been posting scores in the "What Did You Shoot Today" thread!

Stud!!

Im in that club. Lately, Ive been shooting in the mid 80s, so now my goal is to break 70. I need to start hitting more greens and improving my proximity to the flag. My short game and lag putting really saves me but you can only get up and down so many times before your luck runs out.

33/34-67 (-5). Made several putts in the knee-knocker range to birdie or save par. Irons were really "on" as distance control was outstanding!

33/34-67 (-5). Made several putts in the knee-knocker range to birdie or save par. Irons were really "on" as distance control was outstanding!

Very nice. You were making putts while I was rolling it like I was using a wet mop.

Saturday I shot 68 with a bogey, double and 30 putts. Oh what could have been...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. You were making putts while I was rolling it like I was using a wet mop.

Saturday I shot 68 with a bogey, double and 30 putts. Oh what could have been...

That's not shabby! Lot's of birdies to make up for the bogey, double and still shoot a 68!

That's not shabby! Lot's of birdies to make up for the bogey, double and still shoot a 68!

Yeah, 5 tweeters and a par 4 eagle.

32/36=68. Missed a dang 5 footer sandy par putt on the last hole! Played too much break.

Played strong on the front, with 7 greens and 4 birdies, 12 putts and 70 feet made. On the back I got a little fatigued and started spraying drives, but managed to keep it even.
86c63f024a1c386963e58ae8a84a3def.jpg

32/36=68. Missed a dang 5 footer sandy par putt on the last hole! Played too much break.

Played strong on the front, with 7 greens and 4 birdies, 12 putts and 70 feet made. On the back I got a little fatigued and started spraying drives, but managed to keep it even.
86c63f024a1c386963e58ae8a84a3def.jpg

And you parred both par 5’s on the back or else could have been lower!

And you parred both par 5’s on the back or else could have been lower!

Yeah I had a crappy pitch on 10. And on 15 I lipped out that 8 footer... man I thought that one was in and then it didn’t go!

A disappointing 71 today. 5 birdies and one bogey on the front. Only 11 putts the front. Was hot. Then 3 bogeys on the back... 10, 16 and 17. No birds!!! Doggone putts lipped out and wouldn’t drop! Left a couple just barely short. Ugh. I actually bogeyed 17 by missing the green, hitting a great flop shot, then missing a 2 footer! Pulled it and didn’t even touch the hole! 16 putts on the back. Insert gif of Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball with Lucy holding it. This time, this time...

My first sub 70 round of the year today with a -5 68 which is a PB on my home course that I joined 13 months ago. It had an amazing start with me holing a SW from 107 yds. for eagle on the first hole!:banana:

My first sub 70 round of the year today with a -5 68 which is a PB on my home course that I joined 13 months ago. It had an amazing start with me holing a SW from 107 yds. for eagle on the first hole!:banana:

Congrats on the home course PB! All-time PB?

Congrats on the home course PB! All-time PB?

Not an all time PB but it was the most satisfying round I've had in a couple years or more. I played college golf and back in the day had dozens of rounds better than -5 when I was in my late teens and 20's. Considering how tough the greens are at my home course and that my index the last 6 weeks creeped up higher than it has been since 1981, it was an amazing round. I did miss 4 putts inside of 10 feet but golf is nearly always a woulda coulda shoulda.:act-up: I shouldn't have holed out from 107 either especially since I holed out from 98 yards with the same club a couple months ago.

Shot -4 33/35=68 (walked the front yesterday and the back today).
26 putts and 93 feet made.
12 gir.
4/6 scrambling.

Averaged 9% on my approach accuracy. Which is my lowest that I’ve ever measured. Pretty happy about that.

0ffecf892c4e10c02fb741eec6836ab9.jpg

I shot 69-70 in our club championship this past weekend. I really wanted two rounds in the 60s but the putter wasn’t cooperating.

Pretty fun (& hot) round w/ @cwmonroe87 & @chasDog yesterday at Oakmont CC south of Denton. Made the turn at E, 36, eagle & 2 bogeys. Then proceeded to go birdie, birdie, eagle in a 3 hole span. Just like that -4 w/ 5 holes to go. Bogey on 16 and a missed 10 foot birdie shot on 18 rounded out a 69 for the day. Round in the 60’s & 2 eagles in a round which I’ve never done before. Think I’m feeling pretty good going into Tahoe next weekend.

After a 73 on Friday that included an OB and 2 bogeys with a 9-iron from the middle of the fairway, I'm ready to start thinking in terms of sub-70 again. I feel like I'm back!

I meant to post in this thread a week or so back, when I shot a 68.

Was 4 under on the 17th tee but finished with my only 2 bogies of the day for a 2 under 68

I just missed about a week and a half ago. Started out +4 through 5. Said on the 6th tee that my goal was to shoot 74. Then I birdied 7 of the next 12 (and none of the par 5s) before I missed an 8 footer on 18. So I had to settle for a 70. Disappointing not to get the sub-70 round, but also hard to complain about shooting 2 under after starting the round so bad.

I just missed about a week and a half ago. Started out +4 through 5. Said on the 6th tee that my goal was to shoot 74. Then I birdied 7 of the next 12 (and none of the par 5s) before I missed an 8 footer on 18. So I had to settle for a 70. Disappointing not to get the sub-70 round, but also hard to complain about shooting 2 under after starting the round so bad.

you and I have very different definitions of "disappointing." helluva round!

My first thought seeing this thread - does putt putt scores count? Cuz I might have a chance

Back