Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know its cheesy. I know its self indulgent. And I know it means little to many people, but I have said before and will say again, that playing golf with THPers is by far the best golf there is. I'm fortunate enough that I get to do it quite a bit. Be it at home or on the road at one of the events, and every time I do, I know no matter how I play, it will end with laughter, smiles and a fun few hours of my life.

Today I got a chance to tee it up with Jersey Nate for the first time and Thainer for the 2nd time. I have met both of these young men in the past and had not seen either one in quite some time. It was as if we were weekend playing partners by the 1st tee box. We played 18 holes and I cannot think of a single hole where we were all not laughing at some point.

It did not matter the course. It did not matter the scenery. What mattered is the bond that we shared over a silly internet message board that brought us all together because of this crazy passion we all have in common. When we started events, it was because of something we felt was lacking in the world of golf (still do). What has come of it, is a wonderful feeling that with each stop, we make more people we call part of our family.

The moral of my longwindedness (not a word), is that if you have the chance, give it a try. You will be surprised with how different it is than you expect and how many memories can be created. Its something I treasure and would not change for the world.

Yep - it is always special......and we do it again with a very large group in 2 weeks!

Amen. Make a little drive and have some fun. There's nothing like it.

It's always a fun round. I teed it up with JN in New Jersey in the fall and we had a blast. It's why I love outings, MC's, and other gatherings. There are just so many good people to share a round with on THP it makes the golf practically meaningless. The company is just that good.

Awesomely put! Golf with THPers is better than golf with anyone else. I absolutely love how much fun I have.

After you do it once, you will miss each round you play without one of them

Great post. Great thread. There is really nothing like THP out there. THP Events are a step above everything else, and until you experience one, you just dont understand.

Absolutely spot on. I didn't care what I shot, I just enjoyed being with great people. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow and at the Outing.

There really isn't anything like it.

Golf afterwards is terribly mundane and boring. Love my times with THP'ers to death.

I had such a blast at the THP Event in Des Moines last year. Pretty much every time I go out to play I wish I was driving to Des Moines to play again.

I gotta admit, I laughed when I found out I was playing with the guy who had on his Iowa Hawkeye gear (Sleuth) as I was wearing my Nebraska windbreaker.

Did Thain surprise show up? Sounded like he didn't have time to make it this morning, thats awesome.

At any rate, playing with THPers is indeed the best!

Did Thain surprise show up? Sounded like he didn't have time to make it this morning, thats awesome.

At any rate, playing with THPers is indeed the best!

He did. Out of the car to the 1st tee. And played well too.

Playing my first round with 2 THP'ers tomorrow! Can't wait, I'm sure it will be everything you say and more!

Its a blast. I was a little worried at my first event. The 2012 Oh/In/Ky spring gathering. But after about 5 minutes I felt like knew some of these guys for years. Its been a great ride though all the THP events I have been too and always look forward to the next one. If you have never done, do yourself a favor attend the closet one to you. It changes the way you look at the board and the people behind the screen names.

He did. Out of the car to the 1st tee. And played well too.

I would have done the same thing! Glad you guys had fun out there today!

I have only played one round with THPers. JB knows that, he was in the other cart. It was one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf I have ever played. I didn't play well, but it was a treat nonetheless.

There are very few people I would rather spend 4-5 hours on a Saturday with than fellow THPers.

You got that right, I've only been fortunate to experience it once, but it is a memory I cherish that will last a life time. And I can't wait to create more very very soon!

You got that right, I've only been fortunate to experience it once, but it is a memory I cherish that will last a life time. And I can't wait to create more very very soon!

Poison Ivy & Icey Bagger!

Couldnt agree more. My most memorable rounds of my life have been with THPers. They are truly special experiences.

I know its cheesy. I know its self indulgent. And I know it means little to many people, but I have said before and will say again, that playing golf with THPers is by far the best golf there is. I'm fortunate enough that I get to do it quite a bit. Be it at home or on the road at one of the events, and every time I do, I know no matter how I play, it will end with laughter, smiles and a fun few hours of my life.

Today I got a chance to tee it up with Jersey Nate for the first time and Thainer for the 2nd time. I have met both of these young men in the past and had not seen either one in quite some time. It was as if we were weekend playing partners by the 1st tee box. We played 18 holes and I cannot think of a single hole where we were all not laughing at some point.

It did not matter the course. It did not matter the scenery. What mattered is the bond that we shared over a silly internet message board that brought us all together because of this crazy passion we all have in common. When we started events, it was because of something we felt was lacking in the world of golf (still do). What has come of it, is a wonderful feeling that with each stop, we make more people we call part of our family.

The moral of my longwindedness (not a word), is that if you have the chance, give it a try. You will be surprised with how different it is than you expect and how many memories can be created. Its something I treasure and would not change for the world.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... where was this gushy post a week ago after we teed it up? :arrogant:

Joking aside, I know exactly what you mean. I not only look forward to teeing it up with other THPers, I actively look for opportunities to do it. I have played with numerous THPers and I have yet to have anything but a terrific experience doing it.

It really is some of my favorite golf. I've enjoyed every round I've played with THPrs. It's great that we all share the bond that is golf.

The group that got together at the THP UK Winter Cup were 11 people who had never met met each other before the event, and had only been chatting directly to each other on the THP forums for 2 or 3 months. Despite this, within hours of getting together it was clear some great relationships were already forming and people were laughing and joking and enjoying each others company.

By the end of that two day trip, I think is safe to say that I and everyone in that group would happily meet up again to share a beer, a round of golf, dinner or indeed just a chat.

It's amazing how golf can bring people together, and once it does its usually a long term thing :)

Well said Josh, I can't explain it...but every THP event I attend I meet more and more great people, and every single time it's like somebody you have known for years. Anytime I tee it up with THPers I know it's going to be a great day!

And we all owe it to you and Morgan...without your vision and passion none of it would be possible.

Amen. My round with NJRob, motoo, and Darren was a blast today. Mitch, rob, and I have played together before, but Darren fit right in like the 4 of us have been golfing together for years.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

This is truth, playing with THPers (except ddec) is a blast. Every single THPer I've played with (except ddec) has left me wishing I could do it more often. That's how awesome everyone at THP is (except ddec).

Back