Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

2c8d804691bc0c78207eef22cefaf6db.jpg

Hey what the hell is this blue thing??

Can't quite tell, turkeys?

Almost cold enough here for these to be gone for awhile!

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 24
Can't quite tell, turkeys?

Yup. The one on the right circled the Blue Wilson Duo ball on the green. I thought she was going to peck at it.

Almost cold enough here for these to be gone for awhile!

Make a nice pair of boots right there! :act-up:

Didn't even notice the snake until the second post.

Yup. The one on the right circled the Blue Wilson Duo ball on the green. I thought she was going to peck at it.

I figured but couldn't quite tell if that's what they were. That's kind of funny that it circled it. Maybe they were lining up your putt for you. Did they at least give you a read on the break of the green or anything? :D

Didn't even notice the snake until the second post.

I figured but couldn't quite tell if that's what they were. That's kind of funny that it circled it. Maybe they were lining up your putt for you. Did they at least give you a read on the break of the green or anything? :D

I didn't see him when i parked. I was walking back up to the cart and jumped lol.

I didn't see him when i parked. I was walking back up to the cart and jumped lol.

I probably would have done more than jumped. Honestly, when I first looked at the picture I thought to myself "I didn't know cactus died out in the winter". :sad:

This bobcat was huge. I thought someone’s dog was out when I saw the movement behind me. Awesome day out.
81c24e5e8b472a62a20990cbe8754868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking cat and big!!!!

This bobcat was huge. I thought someone’s dog was out when I saw the movement behind me. Awesome day out.
81c24e5e8b472a62a20990cbe8754868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are hamburger stealing raccoons at Gaylord Springs in Nashville! Ask Hawt Carl or JDax

Never got a picture, but laughed for a good long time.

Was shooting at the green, and heard a sound from behind me, and out comes a squirrel running for the next tree which is like 20 yards away. A magpie comes chasing him out of the tree. The squirrel makes it to safety, and the magpie returns to its tree. Then the squirrel takes the long way around, and back up the magpies tree, and the fight was on again. Out runs the squirrel to safety... Wish I could of stayed and watched, but there was a group behind us.
Was pretty funny.

Not technically wildlife on the course but was heading to a par 3 when I ran into a friend being followed by a group of kids and other parents. We get to the tee box and she tells me they're releasing an injured bald eagle about 15 yards behind us. Didn't get pictures but I got a (shaky) video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ajJutN2rbw9CyeSKA

Got to say...it was one big and impressive bird.

I think I dunked my ball in the water after that.

Let's see. Deer, boar, rattlesnakes, wild turkeys, red-tailed fox, geese, pheasant, goats, skunk (the last one 7 feet behind me on the tee), squirrels, chipmunks, horses, and of course lots of species of birds. Then there is the course dog and mouser.

I was walking nine after work last night. On the second hole I was walking to my ball and a siren was going off. Right next to the fairway a bunch of coyotes started to howl at the siren....I didn’t see them because of the deep brush, but the were within 50 yards. A fox was running the other way through the fairway looking back at that area the whole time. Pretty cool round.

A big hawk
2b5f193cc27eb1b114c0054ec2ce5d37.jpg

Played Whipsnade Park golf club in Bedfordshire. It is next to Whipsnade Zoo, part of London Zoo.

Walking off the 17th tee, I saw a wallaby, native only to Australia , eating his lunch.

Apparently, some wallabies had escaped the Zoo and were living on the golf course. The Zoo were not interested in getting them back and no one knew what to do with them.

2050d745afaecb90f77a7271ac6e2fbf.jpg

This little guy paid us crappy golfers a visit today out in the suburbs of Chicago.

Big bull Elk was on the next hole at Waskesiu. Also seen a grey fox but didn't have my phone by me.
6bbd2262b9ca4a51e216beb240ebbf26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Had a fun moment Friday playing solo. On the tee box I see a juvenile coyote eyeing a rabbit across the fairway, takes a full sprint across and (predictably) it seems like the rabbit gets away. Then I see the coyote dragging something onto the fairway and nestling down with it. I think, "wow, nice job" and get cautious as I approach my tee shot about 30 yards past it. As I get closer, the coyote is just rolling around in the grass, rubbing its back and tossing a stick into the air, not a care in the world. Took a couple of playful jumps after I rode by, just having a blast on a golf course in the late afternoon sun. Made my day.

Saw this Bighorn Sheep this past Sunday at SilverRock Golf Course in La Quinta, CA!

Attachments

• Bighorn.jpg
    Bighorn.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 7

This guy was just chilling in the grass and I almost stepped on it walking to the green. 7-8 foot Cuban boa
IMG_20200627_085548753.jpg

snake.jpg

Back