What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it was pretty lousy. I took one swing with the Bio Cell and hit one pretty good at 9.5* setting and stock shaft and the guy says "Well, you're good to go!".
I said "Excuse me? I'd really like to try different settings and shafts to see what's best."
"Oh, you did just fine with that one"
"Really? Because I hit my Amp Cell further and straighter at 11.5 with a White Tie"

Then he proceeded to let me hit the + and try some different things but I could tell nobody really cared. It was just flat and more or less a waste of time...not sure why I expected anything different.
"

I feel like people really only go to the fitting day because they see the potential to win the $500 for doing a fitting. Trying to get proper evaluation on a club at GolfTown is a ridiculous waste of time.

I can only imagine how crazy the Callaway one will be, I would anticipate that there would be far more people lining up for the new Bertha gear.

We played 18 holes Tuesday and Wednesday. Last golf for a while it looks like.

Went to Edwin Watts and hit some clubs since its snowing outside

Booked a few hours on the sim for Saturday morning with thpers robman7, mmaynard11 and grins

Chipping and short pitch practice. Still nursing the back and sticking to the plan.

I got yelled at by the wife as I was headed out the door: "I don't want to hear any complaining tomorrow about your back", so I behaved and took no full swings. Not even a half swing.

I visited Edwin Watts and the PGA SS. I was looking for a MackDaddy 2 wedge at the EW Out of Business Sale. They had two, both 58*, and I'm looking for a 50* or a 56*. At PGA SS I did a lie board fitting for my TP CB's to finish out the specs on them. Have been 1* up, but it turns out std lie will be fine on these. Came home and called the TMAG TP Concierge, and my new set will be here next Wednesday. Yay!

Edit: In case my captain is watching, I also squeezed out a little extra time in the fitting bay to hit balls, since my range is still closed.

I visited Edwin Watts and the PGA SS. I was looking for a MackDaddy 2 wedge at the EW Out of Business Sale. They had two, both 58*, and I'm looking for a 50* or a 56*. At PGA SS I did a lie board fitting for my TP CB's to finish out the specs on them. Have been 1* up, but it turns out std lie will be fine on these. Came home and called the TMAG TP Concierge, and my new set will be here next Wednesday. Yay!

How much was the 58??

Went to the golf mart for a fitting, I think LOL but he told me I needed to bend the irons a bit going to leave everything else alone as I told him I am intending to start lessons in the beginning of March.
Bought an abacus (score keeping) and some Bridgestone B330~RX to try as he felt my swing speed is more in line with that ball than the e6 I am using I plan on keeping the e6 and just bringing a sleeve of the pricier 330s with me to try on a hole or two each round

Secretly had thp time during my manager meeting, ordered some more golf balls online.

THPing, catching the rerun of the AT&T and going to do some putting a little later.

Went to hit my driver, Cleveland Launcher TL310-9.5 stiff, in the sim at Golfsmith to check my average carry and overall distance. By the end of last year there was not much of a gap between my driver and 3 wood. Long story short, I left there with a new Nike VRS Str8 fit-10.5-stiff that was a never used demo club they had in the warehouse. With trade no money out of pocket. +23 yds avg against my old driver. Yes please

In a few minutes, leaving for my lesson.

Also wrapped up my first putter customization. Will post pictures later.

I had a lesson today, then spent another hour trying out putters.

Spent a good amount of time today going through the Callaway Website, looking at their different shaft offerings and comparing them to the ball flight I am looking for. Very interesting.

MASS club work.

MAAAAAAAASS club work.

THPING
Party Planning

Logged in here
Cancelled my scheduled round for today (rain) :at-wits-end:

Scheduled a makeup round for next Friday :clapp:

Taking some swings into the net with some DPCs :)

Hit the Bertha sisters today! More thoughts once I get home!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Met an awesome thper for the first time

Got my black shaft and Superstroke midnight put on my mxm

Hit my big Bertha Alpha on a launch monitor.

A very good day

Hit my new Callaway stuff for the first time today on Optishot, then got called into work at the course for a little bit.

Shipped an adapter to checkered.

2.5 hours of chipping practice. It was a very productive day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back