What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went down and putted for about 45 mins worked on 5' & 6' putts

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I bought a bucket of recycled AAAA NXT Tour S balls online today. 50 come to a bucket so hopefully I won't have to buy any balls for a while. The description was "near mint" but we'll see how close to mint condition they re once they get here. I'm just ready to get back on the course. This arctic blast thing that keeps hitting Georgia ain't no joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the shop for some practice for about a half hour. Spent time focusing on the setup, and felt pretty good. Got some solid swings in there too. Hoping to get another practice session in somewhere before my lesson next week.

Dream, for about the last three months, nothing but dreams....well and tearing up the living room carpet a little with the PW. Spent about twenty minutes trying to cover that up before the wife got home from work.

Tested the i25 irons and FWs. Sweet.

TapAhoy!

Rode nine yesterday and walked nine today. Hit lots of practice shots from multiple areas, with usually 7 or 8 balls on the green. 50* here in SC today..I had the course to myself

Just a whole lot of THPing today. Tried keeping up with all of the awesome coverage of the PGA Show.

Nothing but several hours here on THP !

Order came in today. As soon as the weather warms up out of single digits, I'll get into the garage and regrip the whole bag. Upgrades!

WP_20140123_002.jpg

Played on the course again, can't pass up this great weather!

Went to the range focused on my 7 iron, and 56* , as well as my driver and 7 wood as these are the clubs I expect to use most heavily in my round tomorrow.
Will be playing here >http://www.bestapproachflyovers.com/LBH_bodegaharbour/ 21301 Heron Dr. Bodega Bay, CA 94923
Thoroughly scrubbed my clubs
Logged in here!

Large bucket at the range. Still trying to shake the rust and finished the session with a nice blister. Ugh.

Some true linkswear shoes and a mizuno jpx ez 3 wood.

Headed over to the shop to get a few grips and a glove and to try and hit some of the new Callaway and TM goodness. Got to hit the Apex and Apex Pro irons, the Tour Preferred CB irons, and the X2 Hot driver and fairways. Absolutely LOVE the Apex Pro - I actually hit it better than the Apex in the shorter irons, probably largely because of the excellent KBS Tour V shaft. Love the Apex as well for the forgiveness - would definitely look into combining these sets. Tour Preferred CB's are also excellent, though definitely not as soft, they were very forgiving - even on a straight up blade, I only lost about 5 or so yards of distance which is astounding. The X2 Hots, not so sure. The first driver I hit was just spectacular, and then I just couldn't seem to hit it right again, a bunch of high hooks. And the fairways were somewhat unimpressive, I wasn't hitting them nearly as far as my current FW/hybos. As a devotee of the original X Hot, a little disappointing, but then it's only the first time hitting them.

Joined THP and received a late Christmas gift of 2 boxes of Pro V1's ! Was a good reason to visit the clubs and do some ball consolidation to make room for the new ones.

Tested a Cobra Bio Cell hybrid. Serious ponder mode!

Weather probably won't break for a couple of weeks, so am resigned to stroking putts in the sun room with the new SC GoLo.

Started doing some research on the possible move to Bridgestone J40 irons. Would like to transition to an iron with less offset than the Hogan Apex Plus irons that I have been playing for the last 10 years. Can't imagine the Bridgestone feeling any better on a well struck shot, it just seems that the last few years I have to work too hard to not hook the Hogans.

Last edited:
browsing global golf for some deals

I drew lines on 4 dozen balls to make sure I played them instead of selling them on ebay in order to buy 2014 models.

My favorite grips, color and all, right there! People seem to like to pick up my clubs and try them whenever I leave one leaning up against my bag.

Order came in today. As soon as the weather warms up out of single digits, I'll get into the garage and regrip the whole bag. Upgrades!

WP_20140123_002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back