Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

Snow in the forecast again?! I guess this is what we get for the tropical December we had?
bah, it should be good by then I'd bed. Prolly snow at night and gone by morning if anything. That's my forecast.
I refuse to accept snow as a possibility.

I'm more concerned about frost delay at this point.

Eh if it is frozen my ball should roll a little further at least hahaha

Damn "F" word. I'll call them Friday to see if they had/have a frost delay since it's showing similar temps on both days.

Fyi, they are frost delayed this morning expected starting about 10am.

Fyi, they are frost delayed this morning expected starting about 10am.
So realistically we are looking at a 10am start most likely. I'll probably get there early just in case and worst case have some breakfast.
You guys still able to make it if theres a delay or not?

So realistically we are looking at a 10am start most likely. I'll probably get there early just in case and worst case have some breakfast.

I am still good.

I'm in. Hopefully they have a practice area I can bum around at. You've seen my putting... Maybe I should hope for a 4 hour delay.

I'm in. Hopefully they have a practice area I can bum around at. You've seen my putting... Maybe I should hope for a 4 hour delay.
I'll bring a Stroke Lab for you.
#NoExcuses

Frost delayed again this morning but the app didnt tell me what time they planned to get rolling, so that didnt help.

so at the Golf show they had a promo, 18 holes of golf and a cap for 45, add a cart for 12 bucks at Black Butte, for April. I have a local tournament I plan to play in on the 20th, but if we hit say...April 6th, who would show up?

I want a legit head count as in, "I will be there rain or shine, lets roll", if we can get a 4 some or so or even a couple groups I will set it up. However, I have been to Black Butte with a group that had...what is a polite way to say "unreliable smurfs" and when 5 guys did not show, they were initially going to charge the organizer for those guys...just don't want to get stuck with a big bill :)

Frost delayed again this morning but the app didnt tell me what time they planned to get rolling, so that didnt help.
I called them this afternoon. They started at 9:30 today. I forgot to ask about temp greens if they use them.

Regardless, I'll be there closer to 8. Probably call them in the am first thing to confirm they have a delay and just practice a bit. Unless they keep me off practice green.

From the posts i have seen they have all regular greens open. I plan to be there a little after 7 most likely, worst case i will have breakfast and practice. Lord knows i need the practice.

From the posts i have seen they have all regular greens open. I plan to be there a little after 7 most likely, worst case i will have breakfast and practice. Lord knows i need the practice.
I'm down for some breakfast and range time too.
Nothing better than range time with THPers

Well, just showing an hour delay,but most tee times shouldnt be affected. Whatever that means. Wind will be fun hehe

How was it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was it?!

It was windy as hell and very cold, but we had a freaking blast. Some great shots, some clutch putts and some killer shots from snow.
Shout out to manhattan01 for winning our skins game with a 20 foot birdie bomb on #17.

That was a blast for how freaking insane it was out there. Thank you both for making the drive down. We'll have to do it again sometime soon.

Can't say I've ever played in colder and windier conditions. With my high ball flight, it was havoc but I LOVE extreme weather golf. And that was fun.

A little bit of a shock stepping out the car at first but I'll have to go back during the summer/fall when that course is in full bloom. It was beautiful today, can't imagine what it plays like during peak weather.

Great to hear!

Meanwhile, fitting pushed to the weekend!!

So excited. Have a feeling I will be working that weekend though.

Back