THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trending to an 8 however it will go up shortly as a couple 70's rounds will drop off soon.
And to think you were like a 16 at hilton head....Allegedly

Ha 14 actually I have been having a good year and my scores have been traveling everywhere I go still not to the point I was a few years ago but getting there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His cart was always quick with sand whenever anyone had a divot during that round. It's like they just had bags and bags of it.

:alien:

At an 18.6, trending to a 19.0, but that's a positive because after my last round I came down from a 19.6 to the 19.0 glad to have it trending in the right direction.

From a 8.1, trending down to a 8 after a 86 and 79 this weekend!

So… I have a handicap situation. My subscription with DiabloGolf was up so I moved to US Handicap and joined the THP group. Entered in all the rounds I have available to me going back to last September (meaning every round I played since then, no holes). Diablo had me as an 18. US Handicap has me at a 14.6??!! I double checked the scores I entered them all correctly in US Handicap.

All I can say is... Wow! I mean... why yes I always knew something was screwy with Diablo... :wink:

So… I have a handicap situation. My subscription with DiabloGolf was up so I moved to US Handicap and joined the THP group. Entered in all the rounds I have available to me going back to last September (meaning every round I played since then, no holes). Diablo had me as an 18. US Handicap has me at a 14.6??!! I double checked the scores I entered them all correctly in US Handicap.

Are all the tee selections the same?

check for variances in slope rating or course ratings. The non USGA ones tend to have outdated info

Are all the tee selections the same?

Diablo has me locked out until I resubscribe so I am not willing to pay $30 for that answer. But I am careful about what I enter so I can't think that I entered it wrong on Diablo. Dunno.

What I can say for sure is that US Handicap is entered correctly, so going forward that's what I'll worry about. :)

Diablo has me locked out until I resubscribe so I am not willing to pay $30 for that answer. But I am careful about what I enter so I can't think that I entered it wrong on Diablo. Dunno.

What I can say for sure is that US Handicap is entered correctly, so going forward that's what I'll worry about. :)

u may not have entered it wrong, it may have had old slope ratings or course ratings if they populated on their own.

I know when I had OOB golf and went to GHIN I found 3 out of 20 that were wrong

can you enter in past scores from prior rounds on US Handicap?

yes you can

thanks Mike,
Think I will be switching to that instead of keeping my golflogix subscription. I have about 60 rounds to enter so I hope that I can get them all in and get an accurate handicap.

u may not have entered it wrong, it may have had old slope ratings or course ratings if they populated on their own.

I know when I had OOB golf and went to GHIN I found 3 out of 20 that were wrong

Going back in and adding the hole by holes when I can, did find one mistake. I picked the wrong tees for Purgatory initially. Fixed that, and it updated to a 15.1, which I can agree with. Checked all the others and they were correct.

Revision will come out at midnight tonight and I'll not get anymore rounds in. Got in a lot of golf this revision period, 7 rounds! Thanks to the holiday weekend for that. Will go from 8.9 to 8.6. Here are the scores, ratings/slopes and Differentials:

88 - 71.2/135 14.1
87 - 72.3/140 11.9
83 - 70.1/134 10.9
82 - 69.5/132 10.7
85 - 71.8/133 11.2
76 - 70.1/134 5.0
85 - 70.1/134 12.6

Differentials falling off are:
10.7 - 16.4 - 15.5 - 14.1 - 9.2 - 17.4 - 9.4

Hoping to trend down this revision. I should be.

And there it is first time in single digits in over 12 years since before my daughter was born. Oh happy day!!!

I'm going to stagger into the MOrgan Cup at 17.3, looks like. I should jump for joy; when I took on this challenge, I was 24.6. I've chopped 6.3 strokes off my index since November.

On the other, I've still got my blow up holes. The ones that ruin my normal bogey or better golfer facade. I won't lie, a couple of those during the Morgan Cup, and I expect some very unpleasant glares from the ol' Cap-i-tan.

My goal this week & next is to not put a 6 on my card. Nothing worse than bogey on a par 4, and parring my par 5's.

I'm going to stagger into the MOrgan Cup at 17.3, looks like. I should jump for joy; when I took on this challenge, I was 24.6. I've chopped 6.3 strokes off my index since November.

On the other, I've still got my blow up holes. The ones that ruin my normal bogey or better golfer facade. I won't lie, a couple of those during the Morgan Cup, and I expect some very unpleasant glares from the ol' Cap-i-tan.

My goal this week & next is to not put a 6 on my card. Nothing worse than bogey on a par 4, and parring my par 5's.

The one really helpful thing about a match play format is that a blow up hole doesn't kill your round,just the hole that you're playing on. We're all amateur golfers, and we'll all have some bad holes. You'll be fine.

Congrats on officially qualifying for the MC.

Handicap is currently sitting at 1.5. Still pretty skeptical about that number. I'm playing some pretty solid golf right now, but I'm not sure it's that solid.

I'll take my game down to MB next week and let 39 other THPers be the judges.

Officially moved from 11.8 to 10.2. Should be trending at 9 something when I leave for the MC a week from tomorrow.

way to go cookie, pretty impressive stretch of golf you are playing. Peaking at the right time!

12.6 to 13.2 for me.

Saw it coming with a 78 rolling off.

However Ive not had 6 rounds in a row in the 80s at 5 different courses, most of which were with THPERS. And my next 7 scores are not counting towards my differential so I can really do some damage with my index once I get these irons straightened out.

9.1 to 8.7 lowest ever to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back