THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted this in my intro thread. I don't have an index yet. Only posted 4 rounds since I started back. My goal is to get to 18-20 within the year.

Up just a small tick from 6.5 to 6.8 Kinda expected with working on the swing.

Pummeled to 18.8 from 18.9

I seem to have at least established a beachhead into the nosebleed section of mediocrity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Continue to head in the right direction as I moved down to a 9.4.

18.8 mid month and now a 17.5! Pretty happy with the progress i am making!

9.9 according to The Grint. That's with a 93 yesterday!! It was ugly. Still working on some minor takeaway and impact issues. Hoping to play a few 18's over the next two weeks to get back on the right side of 80 again.

Latest Grint revision has me at 10.8! That's the lowest I've seen since my return from my sabbatical. Shootin' for single digits this year!

2.0, up from 1.6. That is going to happen as a career best drops off and shooting par or better is always a challenge.

Damn it, been playing 4-600 yards more than normal and shooting high scores and the damn cap has not moved. This has to be a conspiracy of some kind.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

July was a very good GHIN month for me. I was at 11.2 going in, down to 10.4 on the 15th, and ended it at 9.3 today. 9.3 sets a new all time low, besting the 9.7 I got it to in April.

Well the run is officially over. Now that all 3 of my 74s have dropped I went up from 5.7 to 7.2. Good thing since my club champ is in two weeks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropped from a 12.3 to a 10.7

Come on single digits!!!

Been back and forth between 7.8 and 7.9 this year with a lot less golf played. 7.8 this revision.

I am up to 16.4, trending to 16.6.

It’s not like I was ever good at this game but being a 16 now when I was a 10 just a few years ago isn’t the most fun thing.

I am up to 16.4, trending to 16.6.

It’s not like I was ever good at this game but being a 16 now when I was a 10 just a few years ago isn’t the most fun thing.

Treat it like the tide and let it rise then fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13.4 to a 10.6

I'm not comfortable with that! It seems I can lose it so quickly, I shot a 90 last week. When my swing goes and I lose my confidence it is terrible!

A lot of times when I make par it's not due to making a good tee shot and a good approach shot, it's more like hacking it around, making a decent chip, and a lucky putt!

At least that's how I feel about my game right now.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Well done DTH. That's a massive drop. You must be doing better than normal in some other facets of your game too. Short game improvement (with some lucky putts sprinkled in) for the win.

This time last year I was a 16 handicap. As of today, I'm officially a 9.9! Feels incredible finally in the singles since picking the game up in 2006. All the hard work has paid off. Super short compact backswing, with no coaching, lets me play golf instead of golf swing. Can't wait to get out again and try to stay in single digits!

After the league match on Saturday my handicap is down to 11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back