THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done DTH. That's a massive drop. You must be doing better than normal in some other facets of your game too. Short game improvement (with some lucky putts sprinkled in) for the win.
I think the most improved part of my game is reducing the number of penalty Strokes. I can play a round of golf now without losing a golf ball. Or maybe just lose one. Most of my play in late spring early summer involved a big struggle off the tee I had many, many rounds with as many as 10 penalty Strokes. In addition to that my short game has improved allowing me to also reduce the number of Strokes on holes with poor tee shots. My game doesn't usually involve a nice tee shot, a nice approach shot hitting the green and making you two putt par. It's more like it a big slice off the tee, hit an approach shot that comes up short or somehow misses the green, make a decent chip and one putt. I know a par is a par but some are ugly! Lol

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

13.4 to a 10.6

I was wondering when your profile was going to update because in the breaking 85 thread you are shooting well and those are single digit handicap scores.

Great stuff man.

I was wondering when your profile was going to update because in the breaking 85 thread you are shooting well and those are single digit handicap scores.

Great stuff man.
I forgot about updating my profile!

Further update following the club captain away day

New handicap - 10.6

I'm at 10.8, trending to 10.1 now. If I can put up one more score in the low 80's or even high 70's, then I think I'll break into single digits next revision.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm at 10.8, trending to 10.1 now. If I can put up one more score in the low 80's or even high 70's, then I think I'll break into single digits next revision.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Go get it! I'm about a stroke behind you.

19.9 is my latest

No official handicap, yet. Had my first round of golf in 8 years last month and shot a ball down 97 on a par 70 without any wedges (lost in flood). Hit 71% of the fairways but only 18% of the greens! UHG... Pitching with only a 9 iron was hard. Going to start playing more frequently once I get my wedge situation fixed. I think I have finally decided on the Titelist wedge after hitting a few.

Currently an 18.2, looking to get it down a couple notches by the end of the summer.

Cap is up to an 8.2 now, full stroke higher than I started the season at. I'm disgusted.

Trending to a 4.5 GHIN. Would love to get it down to 0 but with the little guy, it’s just tough to play enough to practice consistently. But I’m ok with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back