What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was another "crazy Old Coot" happening this morning. I went out to play nine which turned into quiet an experience. To start with it was cold at 23 degrees but no wind and actually felt pretty nice. I enjoy playing the frozen greens since it becomes a different game having to have a good ground game. It was going pretty well with pars on the first three holes until a hook on four and another on five put me into water hazards.

At number five, the further most point from the club house a front blew in with blinding snow and thirty mph wind, the sixth green was covered with snow by the time I got there and made bogie. Hitting into the wind on 7 with no hope of seeing the ball off the tee into a white-out but found it after a miserable search and made another par. Number eight is an adventure without wind so today it was extremely tough, I hit a good drive into the teeth of the wind that barely cleared the lake and left 150 into the pin. If you hit this green when it's frozen, your ball will bounce into the creek behind the green so I lined up at the bunkers right of the green and hit a great shot into the back bunker. A good sand shot which the wind almost blew off the green left me 20 feet up hill and across the wind. I played 5 extra feet break because of wind and still ended up with a six footer back up hill and into a quartering wind again then finished there with two more putts for a very good double bogie. On number nine, a five iron into the wind on a 150 par 3 got me another bogie as the wind blew the ball way left of the green. So I had a pretty good 44 for today. I'm kind of glad I didn't have time to play the back nine--that's the windy side!

Have you been drinking too much Geritol there good buddy? you're a tough old coot !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lefty, I think you went from crazy to INSANE!

Have you been drinking too much Geritol there good buddy? you're a tough old coot !

It really wasn't that bad when I started, just a giant surprise attack by the weather when I got as far from the clubhouse as I could be. I was already there (walking) so just played back in. It wasn't nearly as cold as it was this afternoon, we went to the next county over to do a military funeral and it was ccccccold sho nuff.

Lefty, I think you went from crazy to INSANE!

I was going nuts for sure from sitting around two days so, Why Not? I think maybe a better plan is to head south.

Sixth green

df3655d9b4caf26e05343f1826b30bdf.jpg

Seventh tee, visibility, about 100 yds.
6ce7af961528d1cd9712ade1ac5b4718.jpg

Yep, it's confirmed. You are insane. :alien:

You're a real mountain man bruther!

Shot 79 +7 on par 72, 6968 yard course. Green were concrete and fast. My driving was ok but the 815 helped me a ton. Irons were blah. Big sweeping hooks and pulls. Nothing special of a day but I got to play golf so can't complain.

Shot 80 today, matching my low score. This gives me a bunch of confidence heading into my first ever tournament this weekend. Hope to break 80 and help my team do well!

Shot 42-40-82 yesterday at City Park GC in Denver. Super easy course, save for a few early greens so the round feels way worse than the score indicates. The winter layoff was very apparent, as I had no control over anything. Had no feel for distance on putts and had three 3-putts in the first 5 holes including one after I drove the green on #5. Couldn't get anything close to the hole from around the green either especially since I did a good job escaping out from under trees and whatnot.

On the plus side, I did drive the green on #5, I chipped in for birdie on #13 and had a sandie for birdie from 30yds out on #17.

I also recorded a 422yd drive on #15 after pulling it left and having it stroll down the busy city street that runs parallel to the hole and come to rest in a concrete seam on the other side of the road. There were no OB stakes so I played my first shot ever off of a busy street. Was ridiculous and probably not legal but sure was a whole hell of a lot of fun

Wish I could have joined you Nate..especially to see you pick that off the street.

Feeling good about my upcoming round in about an hour after hitting a lot of solid shots yesterday in very cold temps. Thinking mid 70's today on my home course with the weather in the mid 60's.

Wish I could have joined you Nate..especially to see you pick that off the street.
Wish the same, pal. Not so sure it was a pick though. My 6 iron has the love marks to remember it by.

On another note, played a few holes yesterday with a guy who owns a local company called ThinLine Golf that makes ball markers that double as an alignment aid. Pretty cool product really awesome guy. Got him very interested in THP. I think his product would be a hit here and look great with a THP logo on it. ThinLinegolf.com

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. It was a part of my round yesterday so I figured it was ok.

Shot a 59/52 at Pecan Valley, Hills course. I managed to hit a lot of water and OB, so way too many 3 from the tee. Also warming up ahead of time would be good. The first ball I hit today was on the first tee. And finally, was playing around with Apex UT hybrids and a SLDR Mini Driver, none of which were working for me all that well. I must be weird, I hit my Apex low irons better than hybrids or driving irons. When I hit the mini driver well, I hit it very straight. But I kept either topping it or skyballing it off the tee. I think it's time to cut my driver down to a 43" shaft to keep the straightness, but maintain the forgiveness of a 460cc head.

40/45 - 85. I played some decent golf today. Putted well, but couldn't do much with driver. Three doubles hurt. Feeling much better about my game though.

We escaped the weather in North Georgia to a huge flea market in Mount Dora, Florida. I dropped her off then hit the golf course a mile away, The Mount Dora Country Club, a new course to me. It's an ok course, greens a little rough but otherwise good condition. The front was tight but I drove the ball pretty well, kept coming up short with irons though so I had six bogies. Then on number ten, it was wide open, I stepped up and drilled my best drive, when I looked up, realized I didn't line up! So I make a double bogie from the trees to the left. Then eleven and twelve were struggles, having to make 5-6 foot putts for double bogie. The rest of the way was not too bad, except for that string of three doubles I played OK. And it was fifty degrees warmer than the last time I played. 88 (42, 46)

Played a practice 9 holes today and shot a 42. It wasn't busy so after I finished the hole I'd work on short game for another 10-15 minutes. No doubt this is where I'm losing shots and need to convert bogeys to pars.

I shot 86 today but it was one of those rounds where I left a lot out there. Mostly around the greens where the ground/turf was still recovering from our recent sleet storm . I actually hit more solid shots than not and pleased with my game. Watch out when the grass turns green

58 over 9 holes with only 1 penalty (but it was off the tee). I had issues with my irons today, but really messed up in the short game area. I had enough chips/pitches for 18 holes. Putting really wasn't horrible. I had 19 with two 3 putts, but both of those three putts started out 30+ feet away thanks to the short game and both 3rd putts were <6".

79 today with a poor finish.
2 birdies was the highlight and hit a couple drives like I used to.

I felt like shooting myself after enduring a 2.5 hour front 9... Playing at my course is absolutely painful when the temps are between 65 and 75. All the people that only play a handful of times a year hit the course then. Was happy to break 80 (41 - 38 - 79) with the frustration of the ridiculous pace of play. I can usually walk 18 in the time it took to play 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back