What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000 plus. Sliced, hooked, topped, and everything else. Besides playing golf I still had a good time with my friend.

On Tuesday Oct.28... Shot a 74 (+2) 38-36 didn't hit the ball so great...but managed some up and downs...only 1 birdie

Played in a Super's Revenge 2 man scramble tourney at a local course today a few friends. My team got second and the other two guys won it and it came down to the last shot. Was a neat event. we played from random tees to random greens and they threw in littlie variations like 2" cups, mini flags surrounding a cup on the edge of the fringe, and upside down cups. It was a really challenging layout. One hole took four full shots to reach the green. Another even had a tractor parked in front of the green that my friends' best shot came to rest behind. I got some video of the resulting putt at least. what a fun day!

Slow 9 today w the GF who is learning the game.
Uneventful 39. No birdies, 3 bogeys. Windy and the rough (from over seeding) was long!! Greens were slow.
I will take it.

Played my first nine hole round since I broke my wrist back on Sept 9th. It was cold and windy, with scattered showers, but I took it slow and deliberate and finished with a 4 over par, 39. One birdie.... a chip in from 10 feet in front of #8 green. Felt good and considered continuing on through 18 holes, but changed my mind. No hurry. Better safe than sorry.

Played my first nine hole round since I broke my wrist back on Sept 9th. It was cold and windy, with scattered showers, but I took it slow and deliberate and finished with a 4 over par, 39. One birdie.... a chip in from 10 feet in front of #8 green. Felt good and considered continuing on through 18 holes, but changed my mind. No hurry. Better safe than sorry.

That's awesome man! Glad you finally got to get back out there, nothing is a bummer like being on the shelf with a wrist.

White Tees 6162 yards - Rating 69.9 - Slope 125
Shot a 5 over Par 77
39 Front with 3 bogies - 6 pars
38 Back with 1 birdie - 3 bogies - 5 pars

Quite an Underwhelming round today as I just couldn't get anything going. Only birdie was on the 18th hole - Par 5 - 496 yards

Good idea to take it slow and avoid re-injuring yourself. Good to hear that you are back though.
PS- I lived and worked in Silverdale Wa. and still miss it to this day!
I used to love to play McCormick Woods, Gold Mountain, and a few others over on the Olympic Peninsula.

Played in my 9 hole sim league round and shot 31! 5 under par. Started off birdie birdie then had 3 straight pars. Then another birdie. And birdied the last hole that I almost made eagle on. Missed the eagle putt by about 2 inches. Swing was feeling great and ball was doing exactly what I wanted!

Played 18 this morning with my dad and part of his normal group. Was gorgeous out today in the high 50's at tee off and low 60's for majority of the round. Put some new clubs in the bag for today. Put the Covert driver back in, 14 degree Mashie FW, Wilson Fybrid 4 hybrid(old school), and my trusty Method 003 putter. Hit the ball very well, did not lose 1. Managed to hit 10 greens and played the par 3's and -1. Took the turn at 38(+2) and had 3 bogeys in a row(13-15) on the back but finished with a 39(+3) on the back for a 77 on the day. Hard to believe for me, but it's my first sub 80 round at my course since Memorial Day weekend. Only 1 3 putt on the day which is crazy because they were punched so we were playing plinko. It was nice to have one final good round before the season moves to simulator golf.

Driver was my friend until I got tired the last couple of holes hitting nine fairways. Putter was my friend, except for two three putts where I got in the wrong place on the green, with eight one-putts. With these two friends, it was a pretty good day at 78 (37,41)

My buds wanted me to play our normal Tuesday round this afternoon. But, after driving for 6 1/2 hours, I could hardly stand up straight, let alone swing a golf club. Tomorrow's another day.

Some really good shooting there Jimmy, Deano and Don.

75 (41/34). 2 under on the back 9, birdied the last 3 holes, 2 of them with big putts, the 18th with a 10 foot putt. I've had better ball striking days, but it was "just one of those days." Played with 3 buddies, beautiful Autumn weather, and a couple of nice cigars - I am very thankful for days like these (even without the good score).

84 (43-41) new course for me which had very fast greens for around here. Local pro said they're a 10. A lot of very narrow elevated and tiered greens. Decent weather in the low 60's with a good breeze blowing. Grass is getting thinner and the ground is hardening up.

Unexpected golf today. 58° and 15mph winds! Forecast for the next 10 days don't get better than 40s so I jumped on this. How unexpected? I was playing with brand-new irons I had not even taken out of the wrappers yet (and still with the stock standard size grips, I prefer midsize UTx), an incomplete set to boot with two wedges missing. Somehow did manage a 47, including 3 triple bogeys so a lot of good holes played to offset those!

I had some really good shots with my new clubs so I was really excited about that. I then made a big mistake by getting a bucket of balls at the range afterwards and those hard mats were constantly turning over my clubs and I was just hitting hook after hook. I know it was the mats but it still frustrated me.

New course, tight w trees and fast greens, shot 88 with 37 putts. Ugh. Irons and driver were erratic, elbow injury isn't helping the cause.

79 (39-40) first time out with the Apex irons. Loved the irons but I did have several holes where I struggled with distance control. Direction and flight was excellent, they seem to be a perfect fit (2° flat, F5 Recoils). Still learning 'em but high on them just the same.

41 today. Very blah day.

Had some chances to score late after a crappy start, just couldn't capitalize. But, its golf in November, it could have been 100 and I wouldn't have cared in the end.

OK, yes I would have.

Just finished up a quick 9 holes with an additional three afterwards. Today I basically wanted to validate that the wedge work I have been practicing is paying off. I ended up putting together a pretty good round together. I shot a 39 (+4) hitting 4/7 fairways with my misses only being a few yards off the fairway. I played a course at 3009 yards, which would leave me with a 9i to 58* in my hand for my second shot. I ended up hitting 4/6 greens with those clubs in my hand. I'll take it as a win. The rest of this week will be dedicated to putting practice.

Got 9 in before the rain came. Too cold to tough it out in mid 40 degree weather. Shot an uninspiring 45. My irons have called it a season.

A terrible driving day but I made a few putts to keep it decent. 78 (39, 39)

Shot 100 today. Worst day driving the ball I've had in my short career. Only had 1 good drive today, out of 14. On top of that, I was horribly slicing just about everything. It had been a while since I swung a club and I guess it showed. Of course, 15-20mph north wind didn't help me at all. It just caught the ball in midair and punted it right.

Shot 81 (40,41).

Nice KB!!

Thanks for that #Grandaddy entry also. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back