What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smooth 87 today. Ugh Started out great on the back 9 with 2 birdies in 3 holes and then completely fell apart. What a weekend of golf

Shot a 51 yesterday; as stated, first time playing in 12 years was last weekend and both were only rounds of 9 holes. 54 last weekend. Just have to work on all the normal elements like everyone. I think I have only played 54 rounds in my life, so my score I don't feel is bad with no formal training.

PB- 38/41 for 79– didn’t drive the ball well but scrambled and putter was lights out.

What did you shoot today?

44-44

Started Triple-Double-Par-Triple. Just a fantastic start which included a shank into water.

After that start I responded by going +2 over my next 9 holes including a chip-in birdie.

Down the stretch I got careless with my putting. Should’ve broken 85 but to break 90 with that start I’m good with it, just really should’ve focused a little better.

Oh. I hate hitting out of rough, like, a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43/40=83. No doubles today, just put myself in some bad angles and it cost me extra shots. Short game was pretty strong, and putter was good.

Shot 39/38 for a 77.

Third round in a row at 77. Took my first lesson 3 weeks ago and since then my scores have been 79, 77, 77, 77. Why on earth did I not take lessons sooner
My HC is trending from 9.8 to 9.2. It's only taken me 5 years but I finally feel like a golfer and not just some schmuck hitting a little white ball.

44/37 - 81. A few bad shots early put me in a whole. Very satisfied as was playing back from white tees instead of normal gold (senior).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Course championship today. Sprayed the ball all over the planet. Lit a few shots on fire and was +2 on the par 5's which is awful. Some idiot didn't yell fore and the ball hit a tree and almost me in the middle of the downswing and I barely hit my ball. Is what it is

38 - 43 = 81
32 putts with a 3 putt.
2/14 FIR
8/18 GIR

1 birdie 1 triple

Got out for 9 with my ladies after The Open and 1 hole in we rain into rain. Still continued on. Was striking the ball well until the Par 3 16 where I dumped one in the water.

41, 4/7 FW’s, 14 putts

abc261d4c3470590248713c89a841319.jpg

Evening 9 tonight. 42 for me. Some decent tee shots for a change

38 - 37 - 75. 3 birdies, 9 pars and 6 bogeys.

Played 9 holes on Friday and shot 37 (+5). Aside from a double with a three jack on the par 3 third I was really happy with it especially for playing a new course.

Smooth 87 today. Ugh Started out great on the back 9 with 2 birdies in 3 holes and then completely fell apart. What a weekend of golf

Keep plugging my man. Your come through the other side better.

PB- 38/41 for 79– didn’t drive the ball well but scrambled and putter was lights out.

Congrats on breaking 80 for the 1st time! Oh what a feeling!

I shot nothing today. Was hoping to get to try the demo Hogan driver and FW with the Tensei Stiff shafts, but wound up in hospital getting a stress test. Last part of the test tomorrow. I hate hospitals.

11 over front.
2 over back (with 2 birdies).
85 Total.

What a cluster the front nine was. Driver all day was a trouble for me, and stubbornly kept swinging it. Playing the 2nd shot out of the trees is never a good way to play.
Recovery shots, and 3 straight double bogeys to end the front.

The front nine should be easy enough. No real hazards. Just hit it straight, and keep it in play. Eats my lunch every time I play here!

First round back out on the course and couldn’t believe how well I played.

2b95767855b2cb5fefa926c491b5d31b.jpg

Played 9 and shot a pb 42 with 7 GIR. Couldn’t make a putt to save my life

One over 74 with two double bogies on the front. My tee ball was not on today but I had some great par saves including 2 of 3 from greenside bunkers.

4 over 36/41 on a par 73. card says tees are 6,857. rain came up and saturated the course, making everything that much more difficult. putter was en fuego. 14 putts per side. really felt good to have that much confidence.

but the most encouraging thing was the irons. getting the lie angles right this morning really played out beautifully. it will take a short time to adjust as i’m seeing some toe contact, but i saw much better ball flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 over 36/41 on a par 73. card says tees are 6,857. rain came up and saturated the course, making everything that much more difficult. putter was en fuego. 14 putts per side. really felt good to have that much confidence.

but the most encouraging thing was the irons. getting the lie angles right this morning really played out beautifully. it will take a short time to adjust as i’m seeing some toe contact, but i saw much better ball flight.

Great round Captain! Love seeing your game round into form!

Great round Captain! Love seeing your game round into form!

thanks brother! it felt really good. and should have been a lot lower but i can’t complain.

37/44 yesterday. Tied for first in our game, so made a couple bucks. Switched back to my old driver, it worked a little better. Starting to find the rhythm with the irons again. Short game was again the only thing keeping it from being much higher scoring. Only one birdie, from 100 yards to about a foot on the 10th hole, then hit the next tee shot OB and ended up with a 7 for the classic post-birdie-f***-up.

38/36-74 (+2) this morning. One double, one bogey - greenside bunkers did me in on both. One birdie helped a little. Cups had not been changed from the weekend and the edges were well rounded. Only putts perfectly in the center of the hole seemed able to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back