What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
39/39=78 from the tips today.

One bird, one double, one 3-putt. Putter let me down, more than a few misses that I should've made.

9/14 fairways, 11/18 greens, 34 putts.

36/39-75 (+3). Just could not score on the back. Too many loose shots.

Really solid round for me today. 5 birds, three bogeys. Had so many other makable bird putts that I missed. My wedge game was super solid today. The M6 driver also didn’t disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season low 80!!!! 41-39!

I took my daughter out after her golf camp and played 18. She played almost every hole too albeit not within typical rules (we moved her up a bunch and picked up and brought her to my ball at times - she’s 10 and tiny after all). I was absolutely crushing drives, and hit almost all fairways and 60% GIR.

Putter wasn’t great at times. Missed a few short ones or I would have had a new PB!

Heading to myrtle tomorrow for a week of family vacation and a couple of rounds, I hope this guy comes along! I left room in the car for him!

38 - 36 - 74. Ball striking was off but short game was very strong. Missed a lot of greens and fairways 1 birdie, 14 pars and 3 bogeys.

Personal Life best 80 off the Red tees at my Home club. 38/42 front and back. No birdies, 10 pars, no sixes and one 7 (out of bounds penalty.) So that's going to drop me from 18.5 to 17.3 handicap. I had goal for the day to shoot 87, this was waaay past my expectation! I guess now I can work on breaking 80?

And this means I can't record any more 8's when I play from the whites /sniff!

This after shoulder surgery last January at age 60. Not bad!

Personal Life best 80 off the Red tees at my Home club. 38/42 front and back. No birdies, 10 pars, no sixes and one 7 (out of bounds penalty.) So that's going to drop me from 18.5 to 17.3 handicap. I had goal for the day to shoot 87, this was waaay past my expectation! I guess now I can work on breaking 80?

That is awesome! Congrats

Way to go dizzyg and rocketjoe!

Took the wife and shot a +4 39 playing the back half from the whites for the first time. It was just ugly. The 70 yard approach shots were destroying me. I plugged in two different bunkers, and if I hadn't birdied 15 & 16 it would have been truly horrific all around. 2 birdies, 2 pars, 4 bogeys, and a double. 71% fairways, 44% greens, 17 putts. Yuck.

Wife lipped out a birdie on a 365 yd par 4 from 25 feet for a little excitement. Would have been her first one on a par 4. And she rocked the drive on that hole 226 right down the middle so she had fun.

I had one of my better ball striking rounds in a long time. I figured out some things with my irons and eliminated the weak flare to the right that was costing me strokes and making my short game work overtime to clean it up.

I went 41/39 for an even 80. I hit 13/14 fairways and hit 7 gir. Putting was in great form coming in at 31 for the round (three of those from just off the green).

Nice rocketjoe79, one bad hole from breaking that 80!! Shoulder surgery ain't no picnic, never had it, but have friends who have, long painful rehab (60 is just a number:good:)

37 for 9. Nothing special, just kept it in front of me and short game/putting held up well. Only had 11 putts. Combo of nice chips and a couple 7-10ft par saves helped. No birds, just a lot of pars.

Shot a 38 with 3 bogies and a birdie.

Love to hear these stories of personal bests!

41-38 first round in the 70s in a long time. Somehow only hitting 2 fairways.

Also found a classic.
9218daf038ccfd2e5137379e0c01f46f.jpg

43/47 for 90.

Really struggled with driver on the back. Got a case of the hooks (naturally play a fade off the tee) and ended up reteeing multiple times.

Scramblish. I was all over the place. Miss, overcorrect, repeat. Had no POI consistency. Lucky to score 73. It was getting progressively worse. 3 putted from the fringe on 18 just to lock in those good vibes. lol

Attachments

• 7-26jpg-small.jpg
    7-26jpg-small.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Played decent today in match play singles, but ran in to a birdie making buzzsaw. I shot 78 and lost 7&5. Granted I shot -2 on the 5 holes after the match was closed out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

37-41. a couple stupid doubles on the back kept this from being a really good round, but i will never complain about breaking 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

38 - 38 - 76. Started out really hot going par - par - birdie - birdie then the real me took over. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

Shot a spider with my “Bugzooka!”
Just couldn’t resist...104 here today, too hot for golf!
And 108 predicted for tomorrow. Do golf balls melt at 108° in the sun? :)

Last edited:
83 today. could not hit a decent driver on the front nine until number 9. it was so bad I did not even notice that the other aspects of my game were working well. Once the driver started to help, it was a great back 9! Could have been better even on the back as I had 7 birdie putts and could not hit a single one.

I shot a 16 under par round today. No Eagles, two pars. It is true, but it also was in a 4 person scramble. Lol. Don't hate! -17 won...

It was fun... but the reason I'm posting is not because of that. I posted on the annoying golfer list about Ping Eye 2 guy. Also, recall reading a post about a golfer picking up a set to start out with. Well today I was with two people playing Eye 2 irons, and one was the good golfer I mentioned earlier. He still beats me without playing much and we have fun. I asked about them, and he said he has three sets at home. He picked them up cheap online for backups. To this day I still think getting a used set is a really great option for beginners or junior golfers. Regrip those bad boys and GTG because besides being one of the first perimeter weighted irons with well thought out grinds, they are a superiorly durable cast clubhead.

The other thing I wanted to mention... Is I had a putt for $30,000.00 !!! missed 1' to the right. I had to make a 10 ft. putt, then make a 20 ft. putt, (Which I did) before I qualified for the 60 footer. They iced me by making me pause to set up video, but still... Tad firm and about a foot right of the hole. Man if I could have made three putts in a row today, that would have been it. They said I was the only one to make it that far in the last two years.

It was a fun event. I look forward to my own stroke play tomorrow.

5-over 41, with 1 birdie (from 30 ft!), 4 pars, 3 bogies, and 1 OB-induced triple.

Switched out the 20* Adams and 4-iron for Cobra Fly-Z hybrids at 20.5* and 23.5*. Ball flight was so much better (straighter, higher, and farther), though the sample size is too small to be conclusive.

+7 77 today. Not the hardest course, and I left a few on the front nine with some 3 putts. Iron striking and short game was solid today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back