What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved up a tee box for a match play game this morning. Shot 42/36 with 2 in the water on #2 for an ESC 7 and one in the water on #9 for a 6. Lost the match 5&4 when my opponent shot 75. Eagle and 2 birdies wasn't enough. Dang it...only winners advance.

Personal best even par 72... feel like I really jumped through a mental hurdle and I’m excited to see what will come next.

Congrats! The biggest step in getting to the next level or past a scoring plateau in golf is getting mentally comfortable with being at that new low score. The next time it happens you will me more comfortable with being even or one or two under and it will become the new normal!

Moved up a tee box for a match play game this morning. Shot 42/36 with 2 in the water on #2 for an ESC 7 and one in the water on #9 for a 6. Lost the match 5&4 when my opponent shot 75. Eagle and 2 birdies wasn't enough. Dang it...only winners advance.

Forgot to mention, my opponent recently turned 70. He's a great player and a fun golf partner. We're paired with an erratic twosome. My opponent and I were walking down the fairway when we realized the twosome was behind us in the trees. The first guy hits...no problem. I mentioned we should give the second guy more room. I backed up and over about 20 yards. My opponent stayed in the fairway but he's out of the way. Sure enough the second player sends a zinger straight at him. The 70 year old hits to the deck and the ball bounces right over him. Very impressive display of athleticism because he was carrying clubs. I asked if was a shortstop before golf. Just kidding, glad nobody got hurt. He nutted his approach shot to 10-15' from the pin about 4 minutes after hitting the deck. Adrenaline???...pfff!

Congrats! The biggest step in getting to the next level or past a scoring plateau in golf is getting mentally comfortable with being at that new low score. The next time it happens you will me more comfortable with being even or one or two under and it will become the new normal!

good times are rolling, quick 9 this afternoon in heavy heat... one over 37 with a double, bogey, and two birdies.

41. 6/7 FIR. 3/9 GIR but putted just off the green on 2 of them.

Started with 4 straight Pars and with a birdie putt on 5 I 3 putter for bogey.

35 heading to 9. 125 from rough I sent it OB. Wooof!!

Very happy. Sunday was a sh!t show. Today was nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another 11-over 47.

Eight of those 11 were back-to-back quads after opening with a pitch-in birdie from 18 yds out.

I have no feel with my irons or short game right now, and driver is going both ways lately, too. The putter is the only thing keeping me under 50 right now.

83 at arrowhead country club in myrtle! Hit the ball really well in every aspect but putter let me down on a few holes. 2 penalties on the day for a water ball and an OB.

I don’t know where this guy came from but I gotta tie him up in the basement and only let him out on golf days.

37/37-74 (+2). all the greens on the back were aerated and putted like you were on a waffle iron. Not enough sand to make putts run smooth. There are two temporary greens on the front and the ball actually, though slower, rolls smoother on them than any of the regular greens!

42-40 for an 82, then 37-40 for a 77 on the home course early this am. Overall decent day!

Personal best even par 72... feel like I really jumped through a mental hurdle and I’m excited to see what will come next.

Congrats man! That’s huge!

38 - 37 - 75. 3 birdies, 2 bogeys and 2 doubles. All 3 birdies and both doubles occurred on the back 9 in a fine display of consistent golf. Haha

A hard earned 88 today at the dye club at barefoot landing. I played from the blacks because the threesome I got paired up with wanted to play from there. Tbh I should have been playing whites based on the recommended handicap and I would have if I were alone or with my usual groups but since it’s vacation and I have been playing well I wanted to challenge myself. I’m not mad that I did because I really had to be creative and rescue some shots from the endless waste bunkers. 6000 yds would have been really short here and I probably would have kept driver in the bag on most holes. But the downside of the blacks here is that even hitting the fairway on the longer or 4s left me with 180yds into a few greens. A bit too much for my liking

I putted well though on tough greens. 30 total putts. Had a handful of awful chips I chunked and left short of the greens. I battled through it though and broke 90 so I’m happy about that.

8802b2f8cdd2c7f743fb3c6c14e38faa.jpg

79 (39/40) at this really interesting Muni in Gardner, built in 38... classic muni, so bad but fun. 79 w 2 terrible doubles so should have been a better day but still a fun time with friends.

Not today but the last 3 days
87 at Linfield National
88 at Rancocass Country Club
84 at Rancocass Country Club

Shot 90! I hooked the ball into the woods on just bout every par 4 and 5, but ended up bogeying most of them after chipping out, so a good scrambling day. Not overly disappointing, but the driver is killing me.

One over 74 at my home course on my worst putting round of the year. I three putted twice(for par on the first hole from 15 feet) and missed birdie putts of the following lengths 8, 10, 3, 4, 6, 7, 5, and 8 feet. I made two putts over 3 feet all day, super frustrating, especially on perfect greens on a day where I hit 16 GIR.

I have a putting lesson scheduled for tomorrow.

One over 74 at my home course on my worst putting round of the year. I three putted twice(for par on the first hole from 15 feet) and missed birdie putts of the following lengths 8, 10, 3, 4, 6, 7, 5, and 8 feet. I made two putts over 3 feet all day, super frustrating, especially on perfect greens on a day where I hit 16 GIR.

I have a putting lesson scheduled for tomorrow.

Ouch. :/ A day like that always feels worse for me if it's on the home course, too.

79 and 83 from 7100 yesterday.

I shot a 78 Monday evening from ~6450y.

39/40 79.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

39/39 for 78 (par 70). Played a shorter course so it wasn't too difficult, but was very pleased with the outcome after taking a month off from golf.

Home course: 2v2 4 ball, shot 42/37 for 79. Felt good about the round. Too many loose shots and several missed birdie putts inside 8 to 10 feet, at least 4.

Side note: second round with the PTX pros and they nice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

45/43 - 88. Had GIR's the first 5 holes, 3 putted two of them and then kind of lost it a bit on 6 and didn't quite recover from there.

40 - 35 - 75. I have got to stop compounding mistakes. Have more double bogeys (4) in the last 2 rounds than bogeys (3). 2 birdies, 1 bogey and 2 doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back