What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golf is so dumb. After shooting 84-89 last weekend I played nine yesterday and shot 37 and followed that up with a 35 in league tonight.

What in the world?!

85 - 45/40 at Coyote Creek Tournament course from back tees. I was hitting most of my second shots from the other fairway to the right. Driver needs some work....

45/39, 84 @ Miami Shores CC. Range was closed this morning which is no bueno for this old guy. Bogey train front 9 and a couple birdies on the back 9 once I was warmed up

Shot 44 this evening just couldn’t get the putter going and made a couple dumb decisions on a few approach shots.

87, My short game saved me for being much higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 38 with 2 bogies on the back from the tips tonight. And this is why I don’t play from the back. That score has a differential of .3. This is not going to help bring my HC up for the club championship next weekend :).

79 with a triple on the front, 42/37.

8/9 GIR on the back. So many good looks at birdie and not one made. Bright side, feel like I'm rolling it well, just misreads, slightly.

Once this putter heats up....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

38 - 40 - 78. Game just hasn't been very sharp latey. 1 birdie and a bunch of bogeys

41/38 = 79

New course to me, played with two former players and one current, little best ball action. Played from 7240, so I’m ecstatic, had 4 birds on the day.

37/35-72 (even). Two bogies and two birdies.

Shot 84 (44/40) at Painted Hills.

Just shot my best round ever, by a lot. 82 40/42 at a tough links type course near me. So pumped.

Also this is the first time I've had 2 birdies in one round.

PB by 4 or 5 and a solid 10+ better than what I've been shooting lately.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just shot my best round ever, by a lot. 82 40/42 at a tough links type course near me. So pumped.

Also this is the first time I've had 2 birdies in one round.

PB by 4 or 5 and a solid 10+ better than what I've been shooting lately.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Great playing!!

36-43 79. Never been so mad to break 80. Two birds on the day both on the front. All in all still a good round but felt it could have been better.

Was -1 through 2 and even through 3 then the fun began.

First round in 16+ years in the books last night. really happy with the 93 I shot. even if the course was a par 62, 3859 total. with 10 par 3. no par 5s. I managed to make two pars and 6 bogeys. Putting and touch chipping are clearly areas to work on. (39 putts, 6 three putts, *puke*) But I did have two opportunities for birdie and three one putt greens. The highlight for me, was on the back 9, I got brave and pulled out the 5 wood on a 284 yard Par 4 with a slight dog leg left. I hit a perfect draw to middle of fairway 40 yards from the green.

First round in 16+ years in the books last night. really happy with the 93 I shot. even if the course was a par 62, 3859 total. with 10 par 3. no par 5s. I managed to make two pars and 6 bogeys. Putting and touch chipping are clearly areas to work on. (39 putts, 6 three putts, *puke*) But I did have two opportunities for birdie and three one putt greens. The highlight for me, was on the back 9, I got brave and pulled out the 5 wood on a 284 yard Par 4 with a slight dog leg left. I hit a perfect draw to middle of fairway 40 yards from the green.

Welcome back to the game! That is quite a layoff!

36/34-70 (-2). Always extremely pleased when I shoot my age or better!

Welcome back to the game! That is quite a layoff!

thanks. ebs of life, moved out west and really got into mountain biking. Then one day got talked into going to TopGolf saw I was striking better than I'd ever done in my "past golf life". Instantly re-hooked on the pursuit of the game.

Wednesday, 38/37 = 75

Putter still failing me, hit lots of fairways, lots of greens. 1 bird, 1 eagle.

Felt back pain for the 1st time since the late February epidural shots. Alarming. Holes 7 thru 9 but disappeared after that.

Debating about playing within the hour anyway.

Wednesday, 38/37 = 75

Putter still failing me, hit lots of fairways, lots of greens. 1 bird, 1 eagle.

Felt back pain for the 1st time since the late February epidural shots. Alarming. Holes 7 thru 9 but disappeared after that.

Debating about playing within the hour anyway.

Before my knee replacements I used to get shots in them. I couldn't get them any sooner than 6 months apart and initially I didn't need them that often. With each shot the time between got shorter and shorter. I hope that isn't the case with your epidural shots.

I got to play this morning on a local, walk on type of track that is good, not great. boy was it a tale of two 9s. On the front, I had my worst performance of the last 6 months at least, just firing the ball all over the darn place, including out of bounds a ton. At the turn, I stopped, grabbed a water, relaxed for a few, and then got back at it. I finished with a 57/44 - 101. Nothing to write home about, but honestly I am just proud that I was able to turn it around and prove to myself that I have it in my, as long as I concentrate and focus.

Before my knee replacements I used to get shots in them. I couldn't get them any sooner than 6 months apart and initially I didn't need them that often. With each shot the time between got shorter and shorter. I hope that isn't the case with your epidural shots.
Thanks Phil. Doc alerted me to their losing effectiveness over time. He said that I have 2 more available to me for the year and can get them whenever I need them, but he'd prefer at least 6 months.

34-34 68 for -3. It was a weird round as it started on the back side. I normally tear up this side and played well but missed one birdie after another. Had a bogey in there and didnt make birdie till the 17th, made one on 18 and then on 1. I had 89% GIR and bogeyed the two greens I missed. I ended the round with a birdie on 8 and 9.

What I was most proud of is that I played with two absolute hackers,, but they were nice guys. I can normally struggle to pay attention to my own game woth players like that and right off the bat I knew I would be tested. I also was really patient when the putts were not falling. Really happy how my game has come back around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back