The best shot of the round

My drive on the Eighteenth was booming, cleared a tree in the middle of the fairway and set me up with a wedge into the green. Also an up and down in deep rough that carried bunkers to 8 feet and the made putt for par stand out too.

385y dogleg left with a trap on the inside corner of the dogleg. It's about 240 to carry the trap. I usually aim right of the trap which leaves me a long 2nd shot but takes the bunker out of play... but then I run out of fairway at about 265.

I had been hitting driver pretty well and the fairways were fast so I chose a line directly over the trap and let it fly. Carried the trap with a little draw and 130 left to the pin. First time I've ever carried that trap.

Yesterday it would have to be my chip in from the sand to save par on a par 5. Poor drive. Punch out. Poor 3rd shot. Really poor 4th shot in the beach and then holed out from the beach. Sometimes I impress myself with my ability to grind for pars.

I think he was even par for the back nine.​

Yesterday: Par 3, about 160 yards, green well below the tee, with wind in the face. Pulled my first shot badly and it ended up hole high off the green about 10 yards on a significant downslope with not much green to work with and sloping away to boot. Take my 64* and plan on landing it on the fringe to take speed off it. Hit it exactly where I wanted and watched it take the break of the green right into the hole.

Today has to be 218yd 5i after taking a drop on par 5 to hit the green and the 20ft putt I drained for bird with penalty

Best shot - 194 yd downhill, into the wind. Pured a 4i, hit the back of the green and rolled off, result was bogey. The shot was just perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird little pitch from 95 on a downhill, side hill lie with a tree protecting the green on the left. Made solid contact and dropped it on the fringe 8 feet from a tight pin.

5 wood with ball sitting fairly down in mid length rough from 223 yards out to pin high 25 feet right of the hole. I knew it was going to take a good swing to get through the ball with good contact out of the rough. Slight draw helped the ball just skirt the right bunker on the first bounce. Easy two putt birdie.

This was good enough for a $20 closest to the pin and a $10 skin today:

49787be296d2cc0f8ea4b3e7f8041a0a.jpg

9i 120 yards into a big wind. Dropped it a foot from the pin.

Today has to be 218yd 5i after taking a drop on par 5 to hit the green and the 20ft putt I drained for bird with penalty
Unbelievable that was...really wth...haha crazy good.

150 out on 17 at Troy Burne
acdfe646e7f389a6e53a769d9240125d.jpg

This was good enough for a $20 closest to the pin and a $10 skin today:

49787be296d2cc0f8ea4b3e7f8041a0a.jpg
Looks good enough to beat NE...lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Not sure it was my best, but it was my favorite. Par 5, 230 yards left after tee shot. Hit 3-metal pin high just right of the green. Smoked it! (That was fun!)

Choked down 5 wood from 200 uphill to 12 feet on the #1 handicap hole on the course. Burned the edge with the putt so didn't get the birdie but par is never a bad score on that hole.

268 yard down the middle set me up for the Eagle attempt.

186 yard par 3 playing downhill - stuck a 6 iron to about 6 feet. Missed the putt of course.

25 footer for par on #1 today really set the tone and gave me confidence on the greens.

honorable mention was a 166 yard 7-iron at a pin tucked in a narrow part of the green behind a bunker on #10 that i put within 10 feet.

had two yesterday in an otherwise horrible round. Both shots were a 5iron.

One was a par 3 to a 187 pin.. Hit a beauty to 5 feet:) but missed the bridie putt :( but to be fair it was a steep right/left slope within the 5 feet.

Other was a heavy drawn 5iorn from the trees. I put my drive into the left side trees. I had to hit out at an angle and turn it up the fairway fairly heavily. I felt confident with the shot and played a great in/out swing path and hit a beauty. Went out, then turned and landed on the apron and rolled onto the green :)

Came up short & left on a par 3.

When end we were getting out of the cart I told my partner I was going to chop it in.... & did!

A par 5. My tee shot left me 190 yards to carry a cross hazard to get in position for my 3rd. On s hard pan lie on top of a mound I hit a 5 wood 210 yards. Carried it easily and left me 135 yards in. I put it to 10 feet from there but burned the edge on the birdie.

My best yesterday was a 7 iron from 182 that I played up on to a hill on the green and it rolled down to 1.5 feet for a kick in eagle ??

150 yards downhill par 3 into the wind...9 iron almost went in...
ae5af0dfea246f555737f5281f930567.jpg

Back