The best shot of the round

My best shot would have to be one that helped me recover from a terrible tee shot.

Hooked my tee shot about 20 yards left of the green on a par 3. My chip in I had a very narrow green with a bunker long as well as a bunker/hill in front of me so i couldn't really chip it like I normally would since it would either be short of the green or long into a bunker. Took my 58* wedge, opened up the face and hit a high flop shot that ends up about 2 feet from the pin where I sank the putt for a nice par.

The last hole of the day, a par 5, my 3rd shot,a 60yd pitch over a bunker to 1 foot and my only birdie of the day.

8th hole. 300 yd par 4. My tee shot. I'd been planning to hit my 3-wood because it was a tight fairway but I'd been hitting my driver well, so I hit my driver about 250 in the first cut on the left side. Left myself a 50 yd lob shot that I dropped six feet from the hole and putted in for my first birdie.

Congrats on the first ever birdie. That's awesome man!!

I had 3 long putts (all over 25 feet) that drained today and 2 of them were for bird. The longest one was just under 40 feet, so that has to the shot of the day for me.

Yesterday round par 3 playing 122, 9 iron to about 3'.
Made the putt (which is important)

Hope I can do that today...

Yesterday round par 3 playing 122, 9 iron to about 3'.
Made the putt (which is important)

Hope I can do that today...

It was a good shot CJ! Golf clap from next tee box was warranted.

I didn't have many today, but I did have a 7i from about 145, uphill, that I stuck to around 5 feet.

But, as was typical for my day, the birdie putt lipped out and I had to settle for par.

Lob wedge from 85 yards out on 18 to within a foot to close out my round.

#10 517 yd par 5 and I'm in the green side bunker in two. The flag is about 20 yds away and I have to carry most of the bunker to a green sloping away from me. With a 54* I managed to blast the ball out to 4 feet and made the putt for a birdie (net eagle).

162 yds, light left-to-right helping breeze. Drilled a baby cut 9-iron right at the pin. It landed about 1 foot short, right on line, but unfortunately ricocheted off the pin and shot off the right side of the green, leaving a tough up and down that I failed to convert. Still, it was almost a perfect shot. Just 1 of the nearly 100 that I played today.

Last edited:
My lessons are starting to pay dividends. The first hole at my club is a 320 metre par 4. It's a narrow landing area off the tee with trees lining each side. You can't see the green and it is slightly downhill with a ridge at 250 metres then steeper down to the green protected on both sides by bunkers. I hit one of my best drives ever that caught the top of the ridge thinking it was probably now an easy pitch into the green, thinking 30 metres or so. I get over the ridge and my ball is sitting 1 metre from the green directly between the two bunkers! Chip it to within a metre from there (I thought for a second it would go down on the chip) and then putted in for birdie. Great start for a hole in normally get a bogey on due to my habit of ending up in the trees! My lessons are having me hit dead straight now!

During the THP event I chipped in for birdie from about 25 feet. My short game was good.

Hit an 8i 139yds to about 2.5 feet from the pin, setting me up for a nice birdie in my morning 9.
4a62690bf0bd8d09fb367f988ad45d77.jpg

Hit a great shot with the 52* this morning. Had about 100 yard to go. Took a really smooth and easy swing, but couldn't see where it ended as the green was raised. To my surprise the ball landed just over a yard short of the cup and stopped about 8 inches from it. Tapped in for birdie.

AW with 115 out, low green elevation, couple of big trees in the way. Went for the hero shot. Placed the ball forward, and went with a full swing. Cleared the trees, missed the green, not by much though, chip and two putt in.

Saturday at Old Silo, I had 150 out on #5 for my third shot. Wind in my face, ball well above my feet. Took an 8 iron and hit it to 10 feet for a birdie attempt. Those awkward lies give me lots of trouble so pulling that off was big.

Last Thursday dog leg right, down hill, down wind, dry fairway 350 yard par 4. My usual drive is 225, great drive is 250. I put my normal swing on it and the elements aligned and I ended up with a 320 yard drive. Dead center of the fairway right in between the bunkers guarding the green. My first 300+ yard drive ever.

Last Saturday, 150 yards from the pin and I dropped the ball on a dead stop 3.5 ft from the pin with an 8 iron. Everything about the shot went well.

Yesterday I made around a 30' putt for birdie on a par 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I smoked a 3 wood on a 365 yard par 4 to 90 yards. Yeah, it was down hill and had about 40 yards of roll, but it sure felt good to say I hit a 3 wood 275.

In my round yesterday hit 52* from 100 yards on back to back holes to inside 4 ft for 2 easy birdies...hopefully my wedge game is like this all summer long

Yesterday's best shot was a 9 iron from 155 on a par 3 to 3 feet. And yes, the bird was bagged.

I was on the par 5 8th hole at Elk River golf club. This is where my tee shot landed.
11159903_972919412718819_6354637496415812117_o.jpg

That is the 13th green, I burned the edge on my eagle putt.

Back