The best shot of the round

3/4 wedge from 93 yards, under a tree limb with the green running away from me. To within 8', made the birdie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Par 3 145 yards pin maybe 10 or so feet from the front of the green. Hit an 8i just over pin high and 7 feet left. I thought the putt would break right a little but it didn't, tap in par but it felt really good.

Sim round at pebble beach played a par 3 175 and hit Michigan slices hybrid to within 9 feet. Now only if I can do that on the course

My home course has a short par 4 over water. From the whites it typically plays 250 +\- w about 225-230 to carry the water. Obtw, long is no good either. The water carry is typically right on the edge of my carry distance based on wind direction and exact tee location. I'm about 50% over the last year for finding dry land.
First time on this hole with my new to me driver, which I seem to be carrying a little further. Wind is L to R and hurting, not really planning on going for it till I see the tees are up. 235 to the middle of the green, pin is back. Put a good smooth swing on it, hit a high wind aided cut that lands on the middle of the green and settles about 6-8 feet from the pin. Then I MADE the putt.
Ive been playing golf a long time and Im pretty sure that's my first eagle ever.

Nice shot Alan.

The best shot of the round

Driving a green is a cool feeling-- I should know I did it on a par 3 two years ago--:) nice job on making the putt as well.

Number four is the first hole sheltered from the north wind and I had just started double, double, double. With 74 to a pin tucked in a narrow neck of green between two knobs I hit the 58. The ball hit just the right place on top of the front knob and trickled down to three feet of the pin for an easy birdie.

Driveon1-Point_zps62d89bcf.png

A perfect 305-yard drive around the corner of the dogleg. Left 190 into this par-5 and led to the worst bogey of the day :/

Two very nice birdie putts and a wind aided drive that split the fairway 280 yards on the fly (very long for me).

This one:

bG1gRw8.jpg

Pitched to within 4 feet of the pin, then a 1 putt for par. My first up-and-down.

Hit this shot today at a really nice little local course. It's a 155yard par3 that plays a little uphill to a green that's protected by a deep bunker just right of the green, in front of the green is a steep bank that will suck a ball back into the stream. The wind was into and from the right with the pin just over the bunker, hit a knock down 8 iron and this was the result.

I was 30 or 40 yards short of the green on the 5th hole, a par 5. I hit a pitch in there, and it looked like it was going to be about 10 feet long. It hit the pin on the fly about a foot or two off the ground and immediately disappeared into the cup for an eagle.
02e4c0cec350e70726f83d327cd80666.jpg

Last edited:
First hole (Actually #7), playing in a random foursome of the Men's group at my new club.
Par 5, 535, into a light wind.

Crush a driver 315 yds. Then stripe a 3 hybrid the other 220 uphill, to a right bunker, pin high. Must have been the ball (Bstone 330 RX)

Of course, my game went downhill from there.....

188 yard par 3. I smothered a 5i, leaving myself 92 yards from the rough to an uphill green. I hit SW pin high about 12 feet left of the hole (made the putt to save par). The SW shot itself isn't earth shattering, but I liked that I put the bad shot behind be and executed the next shot to save par, something I'm not always super good at.

Easy to pick the best shot from me today, number nine at 150 today, a par 3 with a quartering wind. I guessed right with a 7-iron and struck it well, a little left to right with the wind/draw. It hit 6-8 inches behind the cup and stopped a little over a foot behind the cup for and easy birdie.

Today was the first round of 2015. The shot of the day was a 224 yard - 18* hybrid to 10 feet on a dogleg left par 5.
I lipped out the eagle and made the 4 inch bird.

Played yesterday like in forever!
Cinnarbar Hills Lake course hole #8, my least favorite hole location on the left front...
150 to the pin from the tee, hit an 8 iron to 4 feet.

This has been my nemesis hole since the green is wide but not very deep and there is a bunker in front of the green and hazard behind the green. If the ball rolls off the back, it's gone.....
I usually play this hole to the right of the green and chip on to the green but figured the chip would be too long, so I went for it and hit my best shot of the round!

3h from 215 to the pin on the 2nd rated hole. Over water, green protected left by water and right by a bunker. I hit a beautiful high baby draw that landed pin high and rolled about 15' past the hole.

Stuck a 9 iron 6 inches from the hole on a 140 yard par 3. Only birdie of the day.

Fanned my approach a little bit on a par 4 today and was in the lateral hazard but still on the bank. Could just barely get a club on it between 2 rocks, but I clipped it great and it went in for a par! Pretty crazy shot haha

I had a handful of great wedge shots but wasn't able to capitalize on any of them.

I'll go with getting the ball out of the bunker in one try with the worst lie I've ever had. My back is killing me today too thanks to that stupid shot haha.
The lie was so bad that I couldn't even find the ball but I knew it was in the bunker. Completely submerged on a vertical bank.

I hit my hybrid over a large tree from 229 yards out on a par 5 to 15 feet. I lipped out the eagle putt but it was a satisfying birdie.

I had a handful of great wedge shots but wasn't able to capitalize on any of them.

I'll go with getting the ball out of the bunker in one try with the worst lie I've ever had. My back is killing me today too thanks to that stupid shot haha.
The lie was so bad that I couldn't even find the ball but I knew it was in the bunker. Completely submerged on a vertical bank.
I still cannot believe you got that thing out. The crater you dug was like 6 inches deep lol

I'm barely in the rough, laying 3, and still a little pissed off about hitting my first drive out of bounds. I've got 286 to the hole on this par-5 with 260 to carry a creek that is in front of the green. I hit driver off the deck and barely carry the creek, then up and down for the only bogey that day I was happy to have.

Back