The best shot of the round

Best shot was a 30 yard shot with the 52* wedge to 2 feet and saved par.

The best shot of the round

Par 5 9th yesterday... put a little too much fade on the driver and it bounced into a hazard full of weeds, poison ivy and critters.

I could see the ball but wasn't up for a rash and/or disturbing whatever lived in the weeds so I took an unplayable lie penalty, dropped and hit 7i to 150y. Had an awkward lie and hit the approach fat to about 90y. My playing partner said "No worries, just knock this one in and take your par."

I hit a 3/4 SW that bounced once just in front of the hole, spun back, hit the flag and settled 5 inches away. Par would've been nice but bogey was just fine.

Last edited:
Nearly a hole in one on the par 3 5th on Pinehurst #8 today. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441478246.338599.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

183 yard Par 3, 6 iron to here:

207ec9a60bfb890e3e59567d2e9e50a3.jpg

It looked IN the whole way.

Last hole of the day, which was #15 after a shotgun start tournament, hit a 5 wood second shot from 205 to 25 feet from the hole. We could not convert the eagle putt so settled for a tap in birdie.

Wedge from 76 to a foot.

9i from 144 to 3ft for a kick in birdie.

In a scramble tournament, a 9 iron from 162 yards. Landed about pin high, spun towards hole and stopped to about 2 feet. Tap in birdie for our team.

Strung together 3 solid shots on a par 5. Drive was center cut. Had 190 left, which is about 30 yards out of the go zone for me so I hit a little pitch to about 110 - exactly where I wanted it to go in a little valley in the FW with a nice level lie.

Hit a 3/4 wedge pin high to 8 feet. Two putts for par.

I had the most Internet Golfer (TM) shot of the round today.

Par 3, 167. Played downhill. Wind was a little into me.

I hit an 8i right at the pin. In mid-air I say, "too much club?" Ball hit one foot short and two feet to the left.

Made the putt.

Par 3 playing 141yds. I almost had HIO #2...

e600e25f569b6894390cb0de905086ca.jpg

47fc6f53adeb26e0d68dc6ac6f16d378.jpg

7i from left rough, 174 to flag. On the green about 10' from the hole. No Bueno on the birdie putt.

After a big drive on a short par 5, I had 187 to the middle of the green and the pin was in the back. Hit a 5i and when it left the club I told just_hacking, "That's all over it." Hit the center of the green and rolled out to about 6 feet left of the cup. Too bad I couldn't putt today. Tap-in birdie.

After a solid uphill driver ball on a short 475 yard par 5, had 225 to the flag with a slight tail wind and just absolutely MURDERED my J40 3h to about 10 feet past the hole. Buried the putt for my first eagle since 2013!

This is where the ball ended up after the approach (don't mind the finger overlap... :facepalm: )

2f00568395ffeb38d0a468193c009a15.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2 shots today.

Driving a 326 yd par 4 (on the card) to 12 ft for eagle (2 putted for par) to go one up through 2 holes in my match.
Draining a 15 ft hard left to right breaking downhill putt for eagle to close out my opponent, 2 and 1.

A foursome let me and my playing partner play through on 16 today... Playing at 162 yards (par three with basically all water carry), I hit an 8 iron just right of the small ridge, and it spun back to basically gimme range.

Also of note, the group was a bunch of my regular playing partners/buddies. Man, it would have been ridiculously special to bury that thing.

LW from 89 yards to a foot. Honorable mention to a choked down 4 hybrid from 186 to 10 feet.

Uphill 8-iron from about 135. Started about 3 feet left of the flag and never moved. Ended up about 6 feet below the hole. Drained the birdie putt.

Hit my drive into a bunker, pushed my bunker shot into the trees, punched a 7 iron from 130 to 6 feet of the pin, sunk the putt for birdie. It was ugly, but a birdie is a birdie!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The best shot of todays round was a 42 foot putt to save par on the first hole.....or was it the 30 foot putt for bird on 14th hole....was it the 15 foot putt for bird on the 17th hole...heck...all I know is that the putter was on fire today!

It would be the 8 iron i hit really fat that went 10 feet from the hole. I'm thinking to myself...exactly why did you think that was the right club? Thank god you missed it!

3h from 206 to 12 feet....burned edge on the birdie run (story of my day).

Par 5 18th, 485 yards. Took XR driver to middle of fairway. Left me 205 to back of green, 194 to center, two tiered green with flag back of top tier. Proceeded to hit the best 5 iron of my life that never left the pin. Ball Mark was 8 ft before pin and left me this for eagle. Drained the putt!
fa81e88140ff268671a92e4d8446bebd.jpg

Back