The best shot of the round

Holed a 58 yard wedge shot on a Par 5 for eagle today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holed a 58 yard wedge shot on a Par 5 for eagle today!

Congrats!! That's seriously an incredible feeling!! :)

Made a 40-foot putt on a par 3 today for my first birdie of the season. Birdies are appropriate on...

...the FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!

Ha-ha!! Played my fourth MN round today. It was so warm (63 degrees) I had to take my jacket off....

How the hell are you already playing in mn while we still have a foot of snow on the ground....

2 good shots stood out today.

Par 4 370 yard dogleg right. I hit a perfect fade into the wind and carried the bunker with a 245 yard drive. It was wet so I got no roll.

Other shot was an approach from 201 straight into the wind.. Pulled the 3 hybo and hit a low bullet that landed on the front of the green.

PW, 148, to a foot.

Xr pros are my gamers

Ya. Just wasn't sure if you were doing work for reviews or just having a round to yourself. Nice shot

Ya. Just wasn't sure if you were doing work for reviews or just having a round to yourself. Nice shot
Already finished the review on the XR's and it went up on the homepage this week. Was a fun one to do, lead me to taking the plunge on these.

Already finished the review on the XR's and it went up on the homepage this week. Was a fun one to do, lead me to taking the plunge on these.

Ya I read the review. Which is why I asked the question about which clubs you were using today because the 145 distance with the PW is about a club shorter than the AW you hit with the XR irons

Ya I read the review. Which is why I asked the question about which clubs you were using today because the 145 distance with the PW is about a club shorter than the AW you hit with the XR irons
Nah, PW in the xr and the xrp is a 150 carry club for me, just a nice smooth swing. Both clubs are the same distance for me, and for many others, its wicked.

Helper wind, flew a 7 iron over a 181 yard flag. Bounced and crossed the line of the hole and I thought it was going to be a gem.

Turns out it was about two yards long.

I want a hole in one so flippin bad.

Chipping game was strong today. Don't remember the best but had a few roll within a couple feet of the pin. I think I sank a 15 foot putt as well.

At nearly the end of a long day of good and horrible shots, I pulled one off that, frankly, amazed me to the point I was about speechless.
Knocked a bit of a long tee shot a bit right. It was sitting in some dormant Georgia grass so the lie wasn't bad, but what was in front of me, and in my way, was a jail made of 100ft pine trees. The biggest hole I had put me on a line that was right side of the green at best. I had to hit both a low shot to miss the tree branches, but still turn it left and judge the distance correctly. My phone was telling me about 144 to the front of the green, just over the front bunker, and the pin was only about 4 or 5 paces from the front fringe. I went 8 iron.
Swing thought was 'keep your follow through low and just hit it straight through the trees....worst case you're pin high to the right'. But it DID turn over, and if it had been one foot longer (it landed into the bank above the bunker and bounced up), would have probably checked up on the fringe and trickled just a bit past the hole. As it turned out, I had a very short birdie chutt, which I missed by about 4 inches. Tap-in par.

Spoiler
IMG_0365_zpsfsmmd7ip.jpg

Spoiler
IMG_0366_zpsgsksnbdz.jpg

At nearly the end of a long day of good and horrible shots, I pulled one off that, frankly, amazed me to the point I was about speechless.
Knocked a bit of a long tee shot a bit right. It was sitting in some dormant Georgia grass so the lie wasn't bad, but what was in front of me, and in my way, was a jail made of 100ft pine trees. The biggest hole I had put me on a line that was right side of the green at best. I had to hit both a low shot to miss the tree branches, but still turn it left and judge the distance correctly. My phone was telling me about 144 to the front of the green, just over the front bunker, and the pin was only about 4 or 5 paces from the front fringe. I went 8 iron.
Swing thought was 'keep your follow through low and just hit it straight through the trees....worst case you're pin high to the right'. But it DID turn over, and if it had been one foot longer (it landed into the bank above the bunker and bounced up), would have probably checked up on the fringe and trickled just a bit past the hole. As it turned out, I had a very short birdie chutt, which I missed by about 4 inches. Tap-in par.

Spoiler
IMG_0365_zpsfsmmd7ip.jpg

Spoiler
IMG_0366_zpsgsksnbdz.jpg

So much trouble out there on that course. Great shot! Hate I missed it!

Had a great iron shot on the 4th hole par 3 at Lake Jovita today, 135 yards over water down hill to within a foot for a gimmie birdie. I needed that after the 2 double bogeys right before that.

Man, had a really darn good 2 shot sequence today. It happened on the gradually downhill 620yd par 5 fifth hole at Lakota Canyon. I hit a good drive down the middle that settled on a little uphill slope. I had 288yds left to the front and the little launching pad my ball rested on convinced me to pull the 3w. I crushed it right on line but it rolled out to the fringe on the back of the green. The pin was in the front so this putt was LONG and it had to get over a ridge about 10 feet before the hole so I really had to crank it to get it there. I aimed probably 20 feet LEFT of the hole to account for the break from the ridge and let 'er rip. The ball rockets off the putter and heads through a little swell then takes a hard right about 3/4ths of the way there, crests the ridge on the RIGHT of the hole, then bends gently back to the left before lightly dropping into the side of the cup for an eagle!!! My whole crew was whooping it up and the high fives were flying! I paced the putt off point-to-point at 27 paces. That's roughly 80 feet!!! With all of the break, it probably traveled 100ft. Thats easily the longest putt I've ever made, and to have it drop for an eagle it just incredible. Now where's that most memorable hole thread...

1st hole today - approach from 136 I hit the pin dead square and it settled 2' from the hole.

Shot of the round today was out 100 yards exactly. Hit my T Grind 54* that stuck to about 2 feet, and drained the putt for birdie.
0b30939fc19f5ece404411d95be89c80.jpg

First hole, a 500 yard par 5. Hit a solid drive to the middle of the fairway, about 240 out. Put my XR 4-wood in play for the first time, and just crushed my second shot 247 yards to the left side of the green. I didn't think I had a shot at the green, and then I overshot it. From there, a chip to within 6', and a putt fir birdie. Really got the round off to an outstanding start, and started the honeymoon with my new fairway wood.

Hit a PW to 5 feet on 10. Missed the putt :banghead: Great shot though.

Chipped in from greenside rough after barely getting out of a bunker for par.

Hit a PW to 5 feet on 10. Missed the putt :banghead: Great shot though.

Chipped in from greenside rough after barely getting out of a bunker for par.

Next time it happens, pick it up thats good by me

Back