The best shot of the round

Didn't have any really amazing shots today, but two stand out. Sand shot tucked up close to the lip that I managed to blast out, and an 8 footer for par that I jammed in after I hit a crap lag putt.

In my captains choice today I hit a 25 footer for birdie that went up past the hole and then trickled back in. We went crazy because of the way and where the hole was cut. One of my buddies had bet me a beer that I could not do it again and I had it just trickle right of the hole and stop 2nd time.

Ball striking was a bit off today. I think I only hit one green in regulation all day. 12 putts on the front 9 should be it, but I food have one chip in to save party. And a 300yd + drive with my 3w, wind at my back.

Several today. Was killing my 18° Apex UT. Off the tee, off the deck, didn't matter. Long and straight. Makes me want to get a 21°and reshaft my irons with Recoils.

I hit a wedge to 1 foot from 75 yards to save par on #7.

Chipped in on #9 to save par.

Best shot of the round was 129 yard downhill 52* gap wedge to 3 feet. Made the putt....for bogey. ugh.

65 yard pitch (my nemesis) to inside of a foot.

Second round in a row with a chip in. This time for birdie about 5 yards off the green. I don't think I had two all of last season.

Mine from yesterday was a tee shot on a short par 4. I hit a 3 wood and it was probably my best swing of the day. Ended up hole high to the left of the green and was able to chip up and make the putt for birdie

Par 5 yesterday, hit a terrible layup shot from a severe uphill lie. 230 out into a touch of wind for my third, ripped 7w to 13ft for birdie.

266 in for a 2nd shot on a par-5, with 245 to carry a creek - buried it in the fringe just short of the green with my 3-wood.

Had 98 yards out. Hit a good pw and ball landed within 2 feet of hole and just stopped. Had a tap in birdie

Had 98 yards out. Hit a good pw and ball landed within 2 feet of hole and just stopped. Had a tap in birdie

You almost made it, and that may have been even closer than 2 feet, nice shot!

Mine was a long putt I made on #9 (didnt really hit any great shots), but it saved me from taking a double heading into the back 9

Today, third-shot SW from a green-side bunker to 1 foot and made the putt for par.

Honorable mentions: 7 iron draw over a tree to 10 feet + 2 putts for par, and a 30-foot putt for par on another hole.

Last edited:
I hit two 3/4 knockdown shots into the wind, wedge and 9iron, to within 15 feet.

3/4 shots and knockdowns are my nemesis

Behind a tree on an uphill par 5, I pulled five iron and had to hit a fade on command. Adjusted my setup, made great contact, and the fade had about a 10 yard fade off my target line, leaving me about 15 feet for eagle.

Man, that's such an awesome feeling. Visualize a shot, step up, and execute. Great, great feeling.

Behind a tree on an uphill par 5, I pulled five iron and had to hit a fade on command. Adjusted my setup, made great contact, and the fade had about a 10 yard fade off my target line, leaving me about 15 feet for eagle.

Man, that's such an awesome feeling. Visualize a shot, step up, and execute. Great, great feeling.
#4 I'm guessing?

Yessir. 193 to the hole, tight little fade, failed on the putt hahaha!

(in my defense, they just punched the greens today)
Me and that hole don't get along
#TeeBoxesHugRightOB

193 yard 4-hybrid to make a GIR on a par 5. Felt very good to recover from a middling tee shot and a terrible second shot.

Then 3-putted. Oh well.

All these as second shots on the 9th hole of my course. 210, 155, and 150 yards. Made every single one of them for eagle. Blamo!

91e195308a0946f4379a723e71e38188.jpg
That 9th hole is not an easy hole to eagle. Do it 3 times? Well done my friend.

Probably best shot Sunday, second shot on the par 5 sixth hole. We were one tee up from the tips (Garnet tee is 521 on the scorecard). Tee shot was just off the fairway, probably 285-90ish, leaving me 230 to the center, uphill, with an oak tree in the way. The way I had been hitting my Apex UT, I took dead aim and let it rip. I ended up just a little past pin high on the right side of the green. Unfortunately, the back half of the green has a couple tiers, and I wasn't on the right one. My eagle putt lost a lot of speed going from the lower level to the top, leaving me about six feet for birdie, which I made. All in all, a success.

d747f8de9f6ac22a84408c2271378f84.jpg

550 yd par 5.
Drive - about 290. 260 to the pin, cut on the right but in the middle third of the green.
Downwind.
3 wood - to 10 feet. Two putt for birdie. The eagle putt was about one inch on the low side.
I had never sniffed the green in two before.

550 yd par 5.
Drive - about 290. 260 to the pin, cut on the right but in the middle third of the green.
Downwind.
3 wood - to 10 feet. Two putt for birdie. The eagle putt was about one inch on the low side.
I had never sniffed the green in two before.
Before Sunday, I'd been pin high or at least level with the green plenty of times, but not ON the green. Sunday I was on in two on the sixth and eighteenth holes. Both had multi-tiered greens and I was on the wrong one. Putting for eagle is a lot more satisfying than chipping for eagle. Amirite?

Back