The best shot of the round

30 to 40 yard chip on a par 5, almost put it in for Eagle.

Some solid shots today, nothing sensational. Save for a 40+' putt to 6". That made me happy.

I've been crushing my fairway metal. The last hole is a monster. A 544-yard par 5 that ALWAYS has a 1-2 club wind against you. The second shot pierced the wind and landed just short of the green.

Playing my Apex MB's today, ripped a 5i from 220 out that dropped 6 left of the pin and stuck hard, pin high. Holy. Freakin. Smoked. The hole was a par 5 with tall fescue and milkweed along both sides, I hooked my drive left into red stakes. The dropped ball was shooting 3, missed the 6-footer for birdie from the penalty box. Oh well, saved par. Great day with the MB's.

Hard to narrow it down from yesterday's round.

I had:

27' downhill birdie putt (after going double, quintuple on the previous two holes)

360y drive that left me 120ish in on a par 5 (only managed par, but that's not the story here)

358y drive 2 holes later that left me 180ish on another par 5 (still only made par)

LW from 30ish to kickin range on 18

Love the drives, but the birdie putt probably wins.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Knock down 7w (xcg7 attas 9x) under a tree branch, yet has to clear a taller tree further forward 225y out, lie was loose sand/dirt left of the cart path. Looking at it I thought I was snookered. Par 5...missed the eagle putt but very happy with birdie. It was a trajectory puzzle that I squeaked by both.
Plus 'effortless' driving bombs swinging easy

I have been having pretty good success getting out of greenside bunkers lately which is not the norm for sure. An up and down yesterday was nice but the shot of the day came from a fairway bunker. I pulled a drive into a bunker and had 160 left to the pin and a tree to get over. I hit a thin 7i right up there to 10 feet and drained the birdie putt.

Hole 16 dog leg right. I hit a perfect drive down the middle but thru the dog leg into the rough, go figure, guess I should've played the Blues to avoid that haha.

Anyway. 2nd shot had about 125 in some thick rough, mind you I've been struggling in the rough most of the round.

Just swung hard and thinned it straight towards the bunker. Goes in and rolls off the lip rolling about 10 feet left of the pin. Unfortunate to miss the birdie.

That was my best shot of the round. A thinned wedge.

139 yard par 3, dropped the pw to within 2 feet of pin for a birdie. Even my pore excuse for putting did not mess up that shot

Being the "worst chipper ever" I've been tinkering with using an Adams chipper around the greens, with varied degrees of success, more bad than good. Today I left the chipper in the bag and went back to using my 8 and 9 irons. I concentrated on staying down and hitting the ball at the low point of the arc. My chipping immediately improved, and I saved par on one hole by chipping in from about 10 yards off the green - a remarkable achievement for me. So the chipper is going back into retirement, and I get to carry another club in its place.

Playing a friendly fourball better ball yesterday, I chipped in for a birdie which is always a nice way to win a hole. Except I didn’t as one of the other guys holed out for an eagle on the same hole LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not my shot but wife and I got paired with a guy yesterday. Most of the time I could follow his drive in the air for the first few minutes of flight then it would disappear. Seemed like a big hitter but it didn't really register how big until the 13th hole. Slight left bending par 4, 365 yard. He played his second shot from the tee box of the next hole behind the 13th green. No he did not hit cart path or sprinkler head. The fairways weren't rock hard. Not a big guy. Didn't even look like he was swinging hard. He could crush it.

I've done this twice in the past week, but par 3 that plays 249 to the center, back pin both times, 5 iron pin high, maybe 10 feet of rollout. I love the Apex Pro long irons

Yesterday I played in an interesting 4 person scramble format over 9 holes. Each player carried 4 clubs. I drove the green on the second shot on both par 5s with my hybrid.

Played 9 holes in the evening. Driving the ball well. Put the ball 100 yards out and just on the inside of the knee of a long par 4 dogleg right.

52 from 121 to 2 feet. Tap in birdie

First round with my Taylormade M2 irons. 18th hole par 5, had to punch out my drive from under some trees. 186 left. Hit 4 iron, which is a club I hardly ever hit with my old Callaway irons. Ball checked up in the center of the green, figured it would release some. Left me an easy 2 putt for par after trouble off the tee.

Snap hooked a drive into the rough and then absolutely flushed a 6i
dbacaf56bf0ada9cf12f1eb2683af812.jpg

58 degree wedge from 100 yards to 3 feet to set up my only birdie.

driver was the star today. Almost drove the green on a downhill 260-ish hole. hit 2-3 shots off the deck with driver that went 200+ yards

honorable mention - sinking a ten footer always feels great!

Chipping and pitching was the difference-maker today. It was the main reason I had just 21 putts for the round. We'll go with a 35-yard pitch to a short-sided pin. Dropped and stopped inside a foot.

Screenshot_20190726-221516_Golfshot-1.jpg
2nd shot into a par 5. Great drive that took an unexplained left bounce and was at the base of a tree with a crap lie. Wife has a video SHE thinks is hilarious of me wedging my legs into and onto the exposed tree roots with a choked up 4i in hand, saying something non-pc about what it felt like, and whacking away. Stuck it 18 feet from the pin and proceeded to blow the eagle putt.

Pulled driver left on #1 but safe. In the rough, 115 yards to the back pin, looked a bit like a flier lie.

Pulled SW, hit felt kind of heavy but the ball still flew high and landed middle, tracking toward the hole.

Settled 4" short! Happy tap-in.

Flighted down 8 iron from 143 into about a 15 mph wind to 2 feet to set up an easy birdie.

This... 2 foot birdie putt.

Attachments

• 7E78977C-9584-4159-B59C-E2AE29E00030.jpeg
    7E78977C-9584-4159-B59C-E2AE29E00030.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 1
Back