The best shot of the round

Had two fantastic shots today. First one was a 185 par 3 and I clanked it off the pin. Bad news is it rolled to 35’ from the hole. Second shot was a 255 3 wood to 4 feet on a par 5. I made the eagle putt. But I also bladed 3 85 yard approach shots. So there is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made 6 out of 7 up and downs today, so that clearly saved the round. I'll go with the chip from the rough on the 3rd hole. Settled in 2 feet behind the cup taking a peek as it went by.

190 into the wind from the rough after flaring my drive on 9. Hit 4H about 15' past the hole for a 2 putt par that let us win our match by 2 points.

Either of these two shots on 13. I hit the drive to the edge of the fairway providing the angle, then dropped my approach pin high on the front. Two putted.
49238fc1cf1a536243df84bee7b030c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A 206-yd 20.5* hybrid on a second shot on a par-5. It went straight, high, and far, right where I intended it to. It's nice to find pure, center-face contact on occasion.

A 206-yd 20.5* hybrid on a second shot on a par-5. It went straight, high, and far, right where I intended it to. It's nice to find pure, center-face contact on occasion.

This is what I wanna hear!!! #DerbyDuffers

Played nine tonight. I've been practicing those usually awkward 30-60 yard pitch shots and have gotten quite good at them. So, we'll go with a 40-yard pitch shot that I had to go high and was short-sided. Came to rest 6 feet behind the pin for an up-and-down.

Yesterday. 210 out, have to carry some low trees, then a pond, other side is 190.

I CAN hit that shot with my 5w, but most times I would layup to be safe. I had a PB round going yesterday, and was feeling good, so I went for it.

Perfect strike, perfect flight, landed on the front edge of the green.

Yesterday. 210 out, have to carry some low trees, then a pond, other side is 190.

I CAN hit that shot with my 5w, but most times I would layup to be safe. I had a PB round going yesterday, and was feeling good, so I went for it.

Perfect strike, perfect flight, landed on the front edge of the green.
Awesome! How did the round turn out?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lot of choose from but my favorite was a Mikedean special chutt from 20 yards off the putting service then another 35 feet to the hole a little uphill. Tracking all the way, took the right edge of the hole and lipped out.

242-yards away from a par-5 for my 2nd shot out of the right rough and trees ahead. Only way to get home was to hit a low 3-wood with a slight draw (my go to shot is a high fade) - hit it perfect and finished 20' for eagle. It was a disappointing par...

Clanked a 60 yard knockdown wedge off the pin. Luckily this time it stayed less than a foot away unlike the other day.

20 foot right to left breaking putt for my only birdie of the round. Missed about 4 others that were much shorter....

I was a scrambling machine today. 9 out of 10 successful up and downs. One was particularly tricky. 30 yards from the pin, short-sided, and an elevated green that sloped away from me. I hit a 30-yard flop 2 1/2 feet from the pin. Love it when a plan comes together.

Hit some closer but my best was a fairway bunker shot of 150 yards to the flag.

Lip trouble and the very high bank offered a blind shot. Preferred 9-iron at distance but grabbed PW for the additional loft. Picked it clean, flew high and on target. Ball rested dead-on and 10' short of the middle pin.

Missed the birdie putt but loved that shot.

Drained a 35 footer for birdie.

4b9075e9eb0b0236bc1600331b8d1e1c.jpg

Over the water for par.

288 yard par 4. Hit perfect high drive landing on the green leaving 12 feet for eagle. Sadly I forgot to have someone hold my purse so only made birdie.

Drained 2 different 30 foot putts today. A rarity, but soooooo fun!!!

Hit a really bad drive on 9 and had 185 out behind trees left. I needed to make par to shoot 39 and punched out to 85 yards out in the fairway and hit a great wedge to 4 feet and made the putt.

My drive on a very tough driving hole for people that cannot hit it very high with at least a 250 yard carry. Hazard on the left, heavily wooded area with very large trees on the right and only about 25 yards between those 2 areas. The hole doglegs pretty hard right about 240 yards from the tee. Drive down the left side of the fairway almost always kicks into the hazard. Carried one just a hair right of the right tree line today and got just inside the 200 yard marker for the first time ever. 4 hybrid to the left fringe and 2 putts from there for a birdie.

Had a good day from 110 in as long as I wasn't holding the flat stick. Best shot was on 18. I was 71 yards from the flag, uphill, and I used my lob wedge to get the ball on to the edge of the green, five feet away from a bunker. When I got to the green, the ball had rolled out about nine feet from where it had landed, stopping five inches from the hole.

54* wedge on a short Par 4 for the eagle Saturday in a member/member.

Made two putts in the 20-30 foot range on top of draining everything inside of 10 feet. That's fun.

A 212-yd 3/4 hybrid, so that I finally found the fairway again off the 14th tee. I have had loads of trouble hitting this one with driver and 4-wood lately. This shot was nearly perfect, with a nice, high flight and a slight draw.

Back