The best shot of the round

Probably a greenside LW from 20y or so to kickin distance to save par.

Tonight's shot of the round was a 85y SW to <4'. I made the birdie.

Smoked a 5 wood 210 yards, and landed 10 yards short of trouble, exactly where I wanted to hit it. Absolutely beautiful. Left me 40 to the pin.

6 strokes later.......

Nearly holed a tough wedge shot from about 40 yds. Tap in. Couldn't have landed it a mm closer to where I wanted to.

Wife bested it by cutting through a wooded dogleg on a VERY tight line from 168 with a 4H to <5 ft. I had tried to talk her out of trying it, and if she knew golf better she'd realize that was her shot of the year.

I've been an up and down machine lately. Chipping, pitching, and putting have been hitting on all cylinders. Played 9 tonight and made 5 of 6 up and down opportunities and only 11 total putts on freshly punched and sanded greens. The best shot was a 100-foot chip from the rough that settled in 1 foot from the cup.

My last round I was 3 for 3 from greenside bunkers after hitting those shots 1, 2, and 3 three feet from the hole.

It seems like I have arrived at a point in my golfing where some days I feel loose and swing freely and some days, it never feels like I am really able to come through the ball. I suppose that is what a bad back does to you. Yesterday was one of those good days. It was hot and I felt loose. The ball was traveling far through the warm, dry air. It led to this 169 yard 8 iron on a par 3. For a second, it looked like it had a chance to go in. A1095BDF-2025-41A1-83DD-5671EFD704C4.jpeg22B23FCB-E052-4FE5-809D-B7893593D51F.jpeg

There were two this morning that stood out. The first was a sand save on #1 where I hit a 60* to about 5 feet and made the par putt. The other was a chip on the par 3 5th to about 2 feet and cleaned up the putt for par.

Nailed a 145 yard 9 iron to around 3 inches. I got so so close to dropping it in on the fly.

I'll have to say this was my best score on a hole not in my best shot! Let me set this up, it's a very short par-4, around 250 yards or so, there is a hill in between the Tee Box and the green, the green is quite a bit lower than the Tee Box but you cannot see the green from the T. Some guys go for the green but I usually lay up, I will normally hit a 6 iron, sand wedge. Yesterday I hit my 6-iron but did not hit it great, it was a big hook leaving me a downhill sidehill lie in the rough, I was about a hundred yards from the pin, I took my gap wedge to try and hit a knockdown shot. I hit a poor shot missing the green completely but due to the right side being a severe slope the ball took a big hop to the left onto the green. I thought this might just work out! I watched as the ball got closer, and closer to the hole, the ball kept rolling right into the hole! A 2 is a 2! There are no pictures on the score card! It got me a skin!

Flighted 5i into the wind to a back pin par 3, hit the rope I wanted to with a little draw on it. Stuck at 4 feet.

Short par 4, 260 yards. Hit driver to just in front of the green and it rolled on pin high right. Knocked it in for my first eagle! Was easily one of the best shots of my short golfing life. Will be living off that shot for a while.

Attachments

• photo35970.jpg
    photo35970.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
WillP;n8879779 said:
Short par 4, 260 yards. Hit driver to just in front of the green and it rolled on pin high right. Knocked it in for my first eagle! Was easily one of the best shots of my short golfing life. Will be living off that shot for a while.

Congrats on your first eagle!

Probably my drive on #2. 290 yards downhill, dead center of one of the tightest fairways I've ever seen. Set up a nice birdie.

Couple of good putts but the best shot of the day was a 72 yard shot into a tucked part of the green. Short and long left are in bunkers, right side is a drop off into rough and the left is a huge hill down to the rest of the green. The green area that the pin sits on is about 8 feet by 6 feet. It’s a 315 yard par-4 so it makes it a challenging short hole.

I hit a 60 degree wedge to about 3 feet below the hole. Made the putt for a birdie. Nice to see those wedge shots work out the way you plan! Ha

8 iron from 143 into about a 15 mph wind to 5 feet to set up a birdie,

Had a delicate 50-yard shot to a front pin guarded by bunkers left and right of the pin and thick rough everywhere else. Hit a lazy 1/2 swing with the 56-degree wedge laid open and watched it drop straight down and settle 5 feet from the pin.

Was 101 out on the first hole after hitting the middle of the fairway. The ball hit just left of the hole and hopped. Couldn’t really see it since it was uphill but when I got to the green there was no ball. Low and behold it was in the cup for an eagle 2.

Punched a little 7 iron from the reds the wife was at (137 yd par 3) 'just for fun' and instantly regretted it. Definitely not ready to even half swing yet. It did roll up to 4' for an easy birdie though, so that made the pain a little better.

Hers was her tee shot on number 9. Smoked one 214 right down the middle. Perfect trajectory, and a great way to finish.

Was way right of a par 5 in 2.. Decided to play from the path as it was 45 yards short sided over a bunker and didn't think I could even stop the ball on the green from the rough. Hit a low spinner landing 2 feet of the pin and ended up 6 or 7 feet away. Always a fun shot especially when the strangers you are paired with you ;look at you really funny as you are setting up to hit it off the path.

Sadly, I didn't have one yesterday. Gross.

9 iron from 130 out right over a bunker with pin tucked close to the bunker. Was able to get ball within 3 feet for an easy birdie.

50 degree wedge from 118 to about 2.5 feet to set up a birdie.

I used up all my good shots in two holes. Hit a 177y cut 7i to about 12' on #5 (missed the birdie, made the par), then hit a ~135y knockdown 8i, into the wind, to ~5' (missed the birdie, made the par... again). Those were the two approach shots worth mentioning. Hit a 293y drive on #7 in the fairway. Then the wheels fell off on #8.

millsan1;n8881703 said:
Sadly, I didn't have one yesterday. Gross.

Had to have something. I mean, the title doesn't say it has to be a great shot, but something, somewhere, in the middle of all that... HAD to have been the best shot.

Back