Official THP Event Pondering Thread

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
I sorta had the idea for this thread as a joke in the banter thread as I looked at the rest of the schedule and tried to figure out how many of the cool events still to come, which ones I could attend based on a) My wife's tolerance level, b) my schedule, c) my budget, and d) my wife's tolerance level.

With all the Outing talk in the banter thread today I thought I would open it up for some discussion here as well. Personally I really enjoyed the longer stay and play type events. I thought Reunion was a terrific venue and the villa crawl needs to happen again at some point. I know is does increase the cost to have an event at one location that includes top notch accommodations, food, and golf but it was worth it and I got to meet a bunch of THPers who became friends that weekend.

Thought this could be a place to share some of those great memories. Discuss what made some events great or what went wrong. Basically help shape the events of the future.

Outings were epic...best of all worlds.

Lots of golf
Lots of gear
Lots of laughs

Outings were fun, no doubt. Unlimited golf is really tough to beat, and the ability to hit so many different clubs was a lot of fun and eye opening.

The three holes over at Grand Cypress was really really perfect for that kind of thing

Playing with THPers is never a bad thing!

More multi day, multiple round events would be pretty cool!

I pondered all of the events. Every time a new one is announced, I'm checking google for driving distances and/or flights.
The events I've got my eye on right now are The Gaunlet, Wilson Proto, and The Granddaddy.
There's also thd unoffical Iowa gathering, which is looking more and more likely for me!

I love outings that the accommodations , food and golf is all in one location. It may be a bit more upfront but when added up it is pretty close and the convenience of everything can't be beat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#TheGauntlet

The beauty of the outings were that attendees were able to really spend a lot of time with one another, the bonds that were built during those fantastic events really are what drives the "family" feel here. The golf, the equipment, the dinners were all so very well done! For me it was my first big event, and I was able to introduce my wife to just how amazing THP is.

The beauty of the outings were that attendees were able to really spend a lot of time with one another, the bonds that were built during those fantastic events really are what drives the "family" feel here. The golf, the equipment, the dinners were all so very well done! For me it was my first big event, and I was able to introduce my wife to just how amazing THP is.

I remember wandering around wasting time while Buck and Jesse were getting ready and being called into a villa by some random guy only to be handed a beer and being introduced to his awesome self and awesome-er wife.

I have to say, having become a member here after the outings - even reading about them in the banter thread made me smile. You REALLY see what makes this place special how people are talking.

As for event pondering, the Wilson and Cleveland events are absolutely on my radar. Outside of The Granddaddy, which you know has to be #1 on everyone's list.

I remember wandering around wasting time while Buck and Jesse were getting ready and being called into a villa by some random guy only to be handed a beer and being introduced to his awesome self and awesome-er wife.
I believe it was a Bock that started it all off

I was in my infancy of being on THP during the last outing, but following along in the thread (and the live stream from the driving range) was what pushed me over the edge of joining the Albatross Club and signing up for my first event.

I was in my infancy of being on THP during the last outing, but following along in the thread (and the live stream from the driving range) was what pushed me over the edge of joining the Albatross Club and signing up for my first event.
I miss Clemenza

I ponder all the events but traveling for me has it's limitations since I can't fly and unfortunately my new job has squashed the one event I signed up for.

I enjoy living through those that are able to make it to the events though because I do know how cool they can be, I truly miss the get togethers in Florida.

No joke.

I've become a pretty big OEM wh***. It's hard for me to get excited about another OEM. I'll admit it.

With that said, the Wilson event is amazing. Cannot wait to see the sign up on this one.

I loved the old Tour Van stop where everyone hit just about everything under the sun at the range. It was my first exposure to a THP event and one of my favorites

I loved the old Tour Van stop where everyone hit just about everything under the sun at the range. It was my first exposure to a THP event and one of my favorites

I wish I would have made it to one of those big demo days in Orlando when they were at the Hyatt, they looked awesome with more gear than a person could ask for.

I never attended an outing, but I would be hard-pressed to find an event more perfect than unlimited golf. The more golf the better

It's amazing to me all of the friends I have made since my first event. I commented to my wife that if THP ever ceased to exist, I would literally still be able to play golf with dozens of people in multiple states.

I am grateful everyday for each person who manages to put up with me and spend time with me whacking around a ball.

The OG invitationals was my first taste and what hooked me...IOWA! I miss the basicness if those terribly. (Not that they were basic in any way shape form to put together mind you...or drive that beast)

The Ultimate Outing was amazing in itself...the MC...championships...and the list could go on. Some great memories and friends have been made for sure.

Hearing about the outings is awesome. Reading about the good times and the bonding is what makes this place special.

i ponder all the events and wish I had the time and money to try and go to each one. Unfortunately that day isn't here yet. So I am left with hoping for Wilson, Gauntlet and Thegrandaddy

Going for Wilson Proto, Gauntlet, and of course Grandaddy. Not sure the odds, but pretty curious about the Cleveland event and the Florida event.

Back