Which is your Favorite Major?

The Open for me. Always has been always will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that all the majors have come and gone this year this is how I rank em for me...

1. The Masters........A tradition unlike any other

2. British Open.......Crowds are always gracious and the course is what it is, wet or dry.

3. U.S. Open..........This used to be #2, but USGA forcing their hand in past years with setups and pro’s constantly complain has dropped this down.

4. PGA Championship......This could fold into any other week on tour imo....nothing drastically stands out about it for me. And along with the US Open, the mashed potatoes, and baba booey are exhausting. The only hype that it had this year was that it was Bethpage Black and it was exhausting with all the “Warning” sign mantra.

The Open
---
The Masters
US Open
PGA

I WILL someday get to an Open, maybe someday I'll get to a Major here in the US. It's that big of a separation for me.

The Masters

Masters
The Open
U.S. Open
PGA

Masters
British
Other two are a toss up

For me:

1. The Masters
2. The British Open
3. The U.S. Open
4. The PGA

Now that all the majors have come and gone this year this is how I rank em for me...

1. The Masters........A tradition unlike any other

2. British Open.......Crowds are always gracious and the course is what it is, wet or dry.

3. U.S. Open..........This used to be #2, but USGA forcing their hand in past years with setups and pro’s constantly complain has dropped this down.

4. PGA Championship......This could fold into any other week on tour imo....nothing drastically stands out about it for me. And along with the US Open, the mashed potatoes, and baba booey are exhausting. The only hype that it had this year was that it was Bethpage Black and it was exhausting with all the “Warning” sign mantra.

I agree with you as far as the listing of favorites. The appreciative golf fans at Augusta and at the Open Championship stand out. However, as far as the Open Championship, I have a stronger preference for the ones played in Scotland. I am not a fan of the English Courses on the rota. I thought Portrush was wonderful and hope that they go back.

With the PGA, I'd like to see how the move to May plays out in the future. But, I do like some of the courses that the PGA of America have selected such as Bethpage, Harding Park, Oak Hill etc.

The Masters

The Open

US Open

PGA

But this year, I enjoyed the PGA more than the US Open. Could be my affinity for Bethpage Black in having played it a few times. But I was also more interested just due to the schedule change.

One more year like this and the PGA will leapfrog the US Open. Amazingly... to me.

1. Masters
2. US Open
3. British Open
4. PGA Championship

I could flip flop US and British easily depending on location of event and year. But living on west coast and missing most of the British makes it tough to put it ahead.

Slight change in my post in this thread from 3 years ago. The change is the switch of 3 & 4. I greatly prefer the variety of courses that the top 3 offer. 1 & 2 are way, way ahead of 3 & 4 for me.

Open Championship
US Open
PGA
Masters

Masters, then The Open, US Open, and finally PGA

It's easily The Masters for me. That's such a special place with great memories and is what I look forward to watching the most every year. After that is probably the U.S. Open, British Open and then PGA Championship.

The Master's since I have tickets and go every year.

Back