Which is your Favorite Major?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
With the Open Championship looming, I figured I would start a thread to discuss which of the 4 Majors is your favorite?

For me, as much as I love the Masters and the beauty of Augusta, there is something that I just love about watching the golf played at the courses that host The Open Championship. So, with that said, The Open Championship is easily my favorite.

What is yours?

Masters
U.S. Open
PGA Championship
The Open

I really enjoy the Masters, they have been playing for bit of the year and are hitting there stride. It is the first chance of the year to really prove themselves and set themselves apart from the rest of the tour.

Masters
PGA (love the underdogs)
US Open (this might change with Fox showing sooo much golf)
The Open (I get it, it's raining and gloomy in England)

Masters

The Open / US Open

PGA

U.S. Open. It's our national championship. British is second.

Masters is my absolute favorite and then it's either US Open or Open. I do enjoy some links golf tho so maybe a nod to The Open

Masters, none of the others are even close.

The Open getting no love...

:bulgy-eyes:

US Open

The Open

PGA

Masters

Really, it's like 1a through 1d; I hate putting them in sequential order. As far as the Masters last, it has to do with me enjoying watching the players take on different courses than anything else. I enjoy everything about the Masters, I just get more excited and enjoy watching the others.

I read some where that the PGA has the most difficult field and is the toughest trophy to win. I thought that was interesting.

The Masters is still my #1, because it sort of kicks-off the golf season, and I know it won't be long until I can be out on a course. I do love The Open Championship, though, for similar reasons as War Eagle. I love those courses, and that they can dictate, along with the weather, how the golfers will have to play.

Masters
Open Championship
US Open
PGA

The Open Championship
U.S. Open
Masters
PGA

For me, as much as I love the Masters and the beauty of Augusta, there is something that I just love about watching the golf played at the courses that host The Open Championship. So, with that said, The Open Championship is easily my favorite.

#NailedIt The Masters is such a close second... but if forced to pick - The Open for me.

The Open
U.S. Open
PGA
Masters

I might be one of the few that puts the Masters at the ass end. The Open just screams "Golf" to me and I love the way the weather comes into play, I love the way the courses look, and I love that it's a pretty unique tournament.
The U.S. Open is awesome because they play the best courses in the country and make them play super difficult.
The PGA is always a great finish and plays some awesome courses.
The Masters to me seems to favor a certain golfer rather than the best golfer that week. No denying Augusta's beauty (at least on TV).

US Open
British Open
Masters
PGA
Players

Masters
PGA
US Open
Open Championship

The US Open for many years was a close second to the Masters, but the USGA's recent decisions and poor execution at their championships has changed that for me. I'm very patriotic, but if they keep up their antics the US Open could slip off this list entirely putting the Player's Championship at #4.

Masters/The Open
US Open
PGA

The Open Championship because I love links golf. So much history!

The Masters and it's not close.

The Masters and then The Open.

Back