Which is your Favorite Major?

To watch live (or play)? It would be the Masters.

To simply watch? The US Open because of its reputation to attempt to humiliate golfers with absurd course conditions.

Masters and The a Open Championship are 1A & 1B for me. The aesthetics of the Masters gets me every year & there's something about getting up at 2am, brewing a pot of coffee and watch Open Championship golf.

masters
the open
us open
pga championship

Which is your Favorite Major?

1a Master
1b Open
3 US Open
4 PGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, the open and it isn't really close. Masters is great but it's hard to watch it on mute. I'd have the US open last because the greens are generally crazy, rough to long and the fairways too narrow. Just an opinion.

The Masters
The Open Championship
U.S. Open
PGA Championship

The Open
U.S. Open
PGA
Masters

I might be one of the few that puts the Masters at the ass end. The Open just screams "Golf" to me and I love the way the weather comes into play, I love the way the courses look, and I love that it's a pretty unique tournament.
The U.S. Open is awesome because they play the best courses in the country and make them play super difficult.
The PGA is always a great finish and plays some awesome courses.
The Masters to me seems to favor a certain golfer rather than the best golfer that week. No denying Augusta's beauty (at least on TV).
I was very close to putting the Masters 4th as well. If not for the amount of flukey champions the PGA has produced over the years, I would have. I like the fact that the three besides the Masters change venues from year to year.

Masters
US Open
Open
PGA

Weather and luck of the draw hurts the Open for me.

Edit: I will add that Mike Davis's handling of the US Open in recent years has reduced that tournament from a fairly-close second to a very-distant second.

Last edited:
Masters
PGA
US Open
British

This changed a lot for me this year. The details on why are in the THP Radio Show that just went up.

Used to be the US open but the last two years have really soured it for me. I really like the open.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Used to be the US open but the last two years have really soured it for me. I really like the open.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
The greens/conditions at Chambers Bay were such a bummer because I think it had the potential to be my favorite US Open course of all time.

I'd say the Open championship is always my favorite. Something about golf somewhere i've never been to... plus i love the history.

The Masters

British a distant second, US closely behind and the PGA a good distance back.

Masters
The Open
U.S. Open
PGA

There is a fairly sizable gap between the U.S. and PGA, PGA is the only one I won't watch the coverage from about start to finish every day of the tournament.

Open,Masters,US open and Pga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Open hands down, love the history and the venues.

The Masters
US Open
The Open
PGA

The Open courses just aren't as nice to look at compared to all the others on tv. I enjoy links golf and the weather involved though it makes for more interesting golf then just bomb and gouge and different shots/creativity is required to score well.

As much as I love the Masters, the Open is my favorite tournament. I love that style of course, how the elements can change in a minute and selfishly being able to watch it early in the morning without ruining my chances at a round.

The Masters
The US Open
The Ryder Cup (it's a major to me)
The Open
PGA Champ

US open
Masters
Open
Pga

US Open
Masters
The Open
PGA

I've only been watching golf for the past three years, but I LOVE how difficult the US Opens are. Watching the one at Chambers bay was one of my favorite golf events.

Open
US Open
Masters
PGA

US open it is fun to see the course make the pros look mortal

Masters
US open (though with last 2 years it could be 3)
Pga
Open championship (purely because the time zone difference and I'm too lazy to get up and watch haha)

As a kid, on the putting green, they were always to win the US Open. I guess that makes it my favorite.

Back