what is your par 3 course situation ?

The farthest from me is called Green Briar. It's about 25 minutes away. I think it costs about $10. About 10 minutes away there is a RTJ course, Oxmoor Valley. There is an 18-hole par 3 course and two par 72 course. It's pretty challenging. Huge, fast green complexes. Distances stretch out to 200 yards depending on what tees you play. A lot of course for $18, but you have to use a cart. It's too hilly to walk. Then there's is a little 9 hole course about 7 minutes from me. It's for sale, but still open. It's a goat track, but it's where I learned to play. It's $8 and pretty easy, but still great to tune up the wedges and short irons.

The only true par 3 I'm aware of is about 30 minutes away and is really geared toward kids and families. Two executive courses, one that's pretty nice, are within a mile from my house.

Several within just a few miles of here. My “home” courses are a par 3 nine hole course - Brea Creek, and an 18 hole executive course - Birch Hills. I try to play at least one of the two each week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

some executive courses

One legitimate Par 3 course (that has a couple Par 4s)

some bunkers strewn about but they generally don't come into play for most

distances are approximately from center-tee to center-green

1 - 135 OB right and long
2 - 170 elevated green
3 - 140 trees just left of line
4 - 115 OB long
5 - 115-135 trees and OB all along the right
6 - 85 deep bunker protection and OB all along the right and long
7 - 225 directly to green over OB trees right (not happening), 240 following left-to-right fairway
8 - 105 OB long
9 - 135 trees and OB all along the left
10 - 95 through a clearing and OB long
11 - 95 OB long
12 - 220 directly to green over OB trees right (doable), 225 following left-to-right fairway, OB surrounding green
13 - 115 OB long
14 - 125 OB all along the right and bunker front-left
15 - 130 trees left and right
16 - 95 through a clearing, OB left and long, bunker right
17 - 115-155 through a clearing, OB left and right
18 - 185 back to the clubhouse

The only one that is legit near me is all the way down the Cape. It’s “Blue Rock” is and kind of a hokey set up and experience. One of those “30 bucks for 18 holes and lunch” deals. It seems to be real popular with families and female golfers.

The rest are more pitch and putts, hit off mats etc.

Not a huge fan, love to feed the big dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One near my work. I think it is a 9 hole pitch and putt. Only costs $10 for the day, you can play as much as you want. I've not yet taken advantage of it.

One 3 hole, par 3 course about 6-8 miles away. It's attached to 36 holes of regulation size course so it doesn't get much play. There are 4 tees and you can play it for <$8. They tell you to hit 2 balls each time and play each hole twice (essentially playing 12 holes). I just play one ball each time and play it 3x 'round. Tees range from 80y on the closest tees on the shortest hole to maybe 180y on the longest tee of the longest hole. Pretty good chance to work on the short game. I'll play it once in a while... maybe 5-6 times each year.

We have a bunch around where I live. We play an executive course every Tuesday, par 32. And we have a couple of par 3's within 15 drive. They are good for short game work and wife would rather play those then a regular course.

Haven't even looked into any around here. But back in NY, I cut my teeth on the Rockland Lake Executive Golf Course.

It was legit with holes from 110 yards to 212 yards, average being about 155 yards if memory serves.

When struggling, I'd hit it to tune things up some. 18 par 3's can sure help you out.

I have a few near me. They are just okay. I like to go out with one club and my putter to work on different shots; helps me think outside the box. The last time I did that, I brought my 4 iron. That was a challenge.

I have one across the street from my job, it's also a part of the range. I've played it a few times, good to waste an hour or so to avoid the traffic

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There use to be one right by me - tower tee. Hopefully it will be coming back because it’s perfect for someone to learn the game. There was even a pretty prominent par 3 tournament held there every year.

The good news is that a philanthropist bought the land from the developer wanting to turn it into homes and plans on bringing back the driving range. I believe the par 3 course, mini golf course and batting cages are also in the plans.

I'm blessed to have a par 3 course less than 5 minutes from my house. I tried to buy a membership, but the superintendent told me that I do more good for the course (divot repair, ball mark repair, etc), so not to worry about membership, just keep fixing ball marks and filling divots. I love going over there with 3 clubs and letting the chips fall where they may, I also like to test golf balls from gap wedges there. In my opinion, par 3 courses are the gem of the practice golf world.

There are six par 3 courses within a 40 minute drive of my house. The one closest to me is 78-154 yards. $7.50 for 9 holes. Not a bad place for practice, but my only complaint is hitting off mats.

We have two quite close to me, but they get a lot of traffic, so I usually go to North Olmsted Golf Club. It's about 10 minutes away, but is always in really good condition, and not a lot of traffic. Great little practice course.

We have three nice options here and also a free 4 hole pitch/putt that I practice my wedges on frequently.

Two of our main par 3 layouts would have to be considered world class. The Champions/Legends Tour compete on them each spring during the Bass Pro Legends of Golf. Jack designed the 9 hole Top of the Rock course and Gary designed the 13 hole Mountaintop course. Both are stunning to look at and very challenging but they are also pricey. The best way to play them is to include a par 3 round in a package deal with one of the stellar 18 hole layouts they are affiliated with: (Fazio's 'Buffalo Ridge', our brand new Coore/Crenshaw 'Ozark National', and coming soon Tiger's first ever public offering 'Payne's Valley').

Our third par 3 track is a decent 9 holer attached to a Perry Maxwell I belong to. The 18 hole staff also maintains the par 3 and it has grass tee boxes, nice large greens, some (not many) sand traps and zoysia fairways. It's also lighted and gets decent play in the summer. I primarily use it in the winter to hone my approach game for the upcoming season. I can go around it twice, 2 balls each time, for under $10. Gets me 36 approach shots which can range from 195 to 95 yards.

Back