SouthernShred;n8878863 said:
Played 9, 3 birdies, 3 bogies, even par 36

you got good at golf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

40/37 = 77 from the tips.

12/14 fairways
10/18 greens
33 putts.

Was very long today, out of nowhere really as my back had been kind of iffy over the past 10 days or so.

But I was a consistent 10 and sometimes 15 or more yards longer than my usual with driver and a club longer with irons.

Most of my lost shots were due to going long on approaches before I'd trust the day's clubbing.

WMac19;n8878910 said:
40/37 = 77 from the tips.

12/14 fairways
10/18 greens
33 putts.

Was very long today, out of nowhere really as my back had been kind of iffy over the past 10 days or so.

But I was a consistent 10 and sometimes 15 or more yards longer than my usual with driver and a club longer with irons.

Most of my lost shots were due to going long on approaches before I'd trust the day's clubbing.

Sounds like you had the swing going today!!

40/38-78

4 Birds
3 Doubles ()
4 Bogies

Par, bird, bird, par on the back, but the humidity down here in GA lately has been crazy. Ran out of gas and didn't feel well despite all the water intake. Finished and that's about it lol.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

36 holes in the books today. The driver was on fire in both rounds. Just kept finding the sand on my approach shots into the green during the first 18. 12/14 FIR and posted a round of 85. Same for the driver in the second 18. Where I had 3 birdies on the way to a 79. Best part about it the first 18 My threesome played it in 3:15.

McLovin;n8878898 said:
you got good at golf!

I got lucky. I predict 10 over next time

Canadan;n8878914 said:
Sounds like you had the swing going today!!
Was fun.

Iron swing is still off some, hit some really good ones but some hooks too.

But especially driver, I was pounding it. Hadn't been that consistently long since summer of '15.

Met up with a couple of members on the 4th hole and played with them. We're all around the same length with one a bit longer usually.

Not today. I was already playing the back tees, they were one set up, we all continued from where we had been playing. Yet with driver I was darn close to them often and even longer on a few.

They (playfully) weren't happy about it.

Strangely enough, I typically hit it longer from the tips although I don't at all feel like I'm going after it with any more effort. Less likely to find the trouble that I often will from the blues, I think that I may swing much more freely.

Today was special though... wish I could keep it.

85 with a bird and 5 pars. First round ever with no triples!!

87 45/42. Second time in a row under 90

Shot a 39 in league last night. Nothing horrible just 4 bogeys but couldn’t get anything going mostly due to slow play and horrible putting

3b52a401ec77a298615cdeafcd326b3a.jpg

Managed to win my 9th Club Championship today!!! 1st one I’ve played in since my mom passed away two years ago. She was with me today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far a 42 on the front 2 stupid penalties ugh, trying to turn it around on the back 9.
067a8d3a5b42d5151eef36b71370505c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Played day 1 in my club championship and shot a 41-37-78 for a net of 69. And I am in first place after the first day. Now just need to play this well tomorrow. I got up and down 6 times for par. This is the first time I have tried using a reverse claw putting grip and I made every putt within 8 feet.

Got in 6 holes in the rain before the wetness of everything (mainly grips and gloves) became unbearable. 4 pars and 2 bogeys.

DNice26;n8879204 said:
3b52a401ec77a298615cdeafcd326b3a.jpg

Managed to win my 9th Club Championship today!!! 1st one I’ve played in since my mom passed away two years ago. She was with me today...

That is awesome!!!!! Congratulations.

40/40=80 Started the round with a double bogey on 1 and managed to get things back on track quick. Driver was much better today.

Shot 70 today. Lipped a lot of birdie putts, and made two errors.

Other than that, it was a very clean round. Cal joined me and the boys, which was absolutely fantastic. He's so well behaved.

Got out for what I hoped a full 18, but the storms cut my round short. Played 12 holes and played the championship tees at the Prestwick today. Shot 43 on the back nine with 3 pars and a double. Then on 1,2,3 shot +1 (12) (Par 4,3,4). Switched up the bag and put the Cobra F6 irons back in the bag today.

Back 9 47 for a total of 89 for the day. Driver let me down on a few tight holes, still a great day as weather and course were great
e6cf0735d93cfb2995d33031cd29772f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Snickerdog;n8879293 said:
40/40=80 Started the round with a double bogey on 1 and managed to get things back on track quick. Driver was much better today.

good on ya. bouncing back from a regrettable hole is hard.

44/43 for the 87 this morning.

46. This was the kind of round that kicks me square in the nuts and says "you have no prayer of ever scoring low".

Three hole outs from off the green - two for birdies and a third to save bogey (I might get one or two of these per season). Long irons and trouble shots were solid. But very poor putting, double OOB tee shots on a short par 3, and triple bogies on the two par 5s really hurt me.

The score should have been worse. I hooked the driver badly on the 9th but it hit a tree and bounced back into play... 210 yards from the center of the green. From there I hit a beautiful 5w to within 15' of the pin where I two-putted for par. This was Jeckyll and Hyde golf at it's finest.

Think I'll go back to not keeping score. Lol.

Ridiculously windy out there today and I managed to shoot a round of 85 (33 points)

Looking back at the round I am a bit disappointed with the score as I probably left at least half a dozen shots out there, but at the same time it was tough in the wind

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Shot an ugly 91 (1 fairway and 5 GIR; 39 total putts) yesterday... and even that score included two "par plus handicap" holes. I knew it was coming soon. I've been playing at the upper end of my capabilities for a while and was expecting a correction. Anyway, I'm going back out today to try to right the ship.

41 - 37 - 78. Drizzled the majortiy of the round but beats the hard, steady rain I played 6 holes in yesterday. 2 birdies, 6 bogeys and 1 double.

Back