Trying to Break 100

I have practice round scheduled for tomorrow. Practice meaning get to know the course where my first tournament is next week. It is quite difficult course, and my first time there so I'm not expecting B100 activities :rofl:

Nicegy525;n8876438 said:
FIRST!!!! lol!

but seriously, Im playing a round this Sunday and hope to bring my driver swing back in line!

LOL. Nice.

Picked up a new Callaway PM Grind 56 degree wedge. Looking forward to getting it on the course...

jlaakso;n8876444 said:
I have practice round scheduled for tomorrow. Practice meaning get to know the course where my first tournament is next week. It is quite difficult course, and my first time there so I'm not expecting B100 activities :rofl:

Take notes. Literally write stuff down like distances to hazards, locations of prime landing spots, green contours, etc. I played a round a while ago with Grins, ntanygd760, and Ducati Girl, and Ben and I both had great drives that found trouble. Had we known the course a bit better, that was at least two strokes saved on that hole alone.

Forewarned is forearmed.

MagicSpell;n8876533 said:
Picked up a new Callaway PM Grind 56 degree wedge. Looking forward to getting it on the course...

I liked my PM Grind wedges. Only gave then up when I was fitted to my 919 HM wedges with graphite shafts. The PMs are similar to my Ping Eye 2+ wedges. Great feeling and helpful with contact.

jlaakso;n8876444 said:

Playing practice is helpful, IMHO. You get a good feel/mental picture that will come in handy later. Cheers!

It's got that "New Thread" smell!

jlaakso;n8876444 said:

Good luck! My goal for next season is to get a handicap that's recognized by the USGA (difficult for me to do because I play mostly solo) and play in a tournament. Not that I think I'll win but I just want to play a little competitive golf.

robrandalgz;n8876553 said:
Good luck! My goal for next season is to get a handicap that's recognized by the USGA (difficult for me to do because I play mostly solo) and play in a tournament. Not that I think I'll win but I just want to play a little competitive golf.

Read about your woes in the old thread. Don't sweat it, my man. You'll get the swing back. Step back take a deep breath, and let it flow. To help with this, I recommend listening to The Sword - Warp Riders. The heavy will comfort you.

Two rounds scheduled for the weekend, one hard course, one a bit less so. I'm hoping the good golf from last weekend is still here, minus the 5 utterly rancid holes that killed my score, of course.

MagicSpell;n8876533 said:

I love my 54° PM grind. Like a lot. I recommend spending some time practicing all the shots you think you might use it for. It can be a touch unforgiving if you let it dig.

New thread :banana:

dazeedmonds;n8876578 said:
I love my 54° PM grind. Like a lot. I recommend spending a lot of time practicing all the shots you think you might use it for. It can be a touch unforgiving if you let it dig.

Fixed that for you. And not for just THIS wedge. All wedge shots should be practiced a lot. It's the best way for us Hi-caps.

Edit: regarding the PM specifically, how far away from the green do you use it? Also, it looks kinda Ping-ish. Would it be a marked upgrade over my G20 54 degree?

Playing my first 18 holes (after 2 months off healing up) this Friday. Hoping for the best. I tried to shake off the rust by playing 9 holes the last two weekend, and so far, so good.

I love the "trying to break 100" thread, but sometimes I feel like we are the black sheep of the forum. Thoughts?

ULEWZ;n8876797 said:
I love the "trying to break 100" thread, but sometimes I feel like we are the black sheep of the forum. Thoughts?

Nope, we are the future. Stress-free, shameless and beautiful!

jlaakso;n8876822 said:
Nope, we are the future. Stress-free, shameless and beautiful!

Thanks, that makes me feel better.

ULEWZ;n8876797 said:

I wouldn't say B100 is a black sheep thread, but more of a supportive group that really tries to provide positive encouragement. We all seem to be able to feel each others pain, so to speak. There is a different vibe in this thread for sure though, at least IMHO.

ULEWZ;n8876797 said:

Nope. I was a member, and felt like I sucked. Now I am a "breaking 90" member, and feel like I suck, even though I have broken 90 several times.

There are members of the forum who would be very sad with an 80 and members who would be jubilant with an 80.

But we all belong and we all love the sport.

As far as boards go, with one is the most inclusive, troll free board I have ever been on. I do have 1 person on block, but besides that I cannot think of anyone who is trollish or holier than thou.

ULEWZ;n8876797 said:

Considering it's one of the most active threads in all of the forums, I'd give that an emphatic "no".

ULEWZ;n8876797 said:

If so, then BAAA BAAA, baby!

This is the most social, supportive, entertaining group at this place. It’s free of testosterone-infused diatribes, conspicuous consumption and brown nosing for freebies.

It has people, who are trying to have fun (and occasional commiseration)while attempting to get a handle on a sometimes-difficult game.

Golf Dawg;n8876894 said:
If so, then BAAA BAAA, baby!

This is the most social, supportive, entertaining group at this place. It’s free of testosterone-infused diatribes, conspicuous consumption and brown nosing for freebies.

It has people, who are trying to have fun (and occasional commiseration)while attempting to get a handle on a sometimes-difficult game.

Very well said Dawg! I enjoy popping in to this thread several times a day to see how others with like level of skill have played. There has been several discussions and tips of things folks are working on,that have helped me in my game.

No need to feel like black sheep. Most people are content playing with just about anyone. Score matters not. The first time I broke 90, I was playing with a guy that shot 130+. I didn't care how he was scoring, just that he played at a decent pace. He hacked his way around the course, but he didn't lollygag about it.

I'd love to get out an play a round or two with you guys in this thread. Maybe one day I will.

Back