Trying to Break 100

I am planning on getting out this afternoon again after work hopefully.

ULEWZ;n8888321 said:
Careful what you ask for. I had a horrid round last Friday with my wife. I don't think I have hit worse. I think it is time for some more lessons to get my consistency back on Par. I did hit a 25 foot putt from the fringe that made me smile, and one drive about 250 yards, but that was it. So I decided to make it a learning round and played my hybrid 5 multiple times, which actually worked for a change. Just treat it like an iron and hit away.

Sounds like a great way to take an off round. Nice putt and drive! I feel better with my 3H then my 3W, and hit it just as far - so, the 3W rides the pine. My new 5I is an iron/wood hybrid, which is a confidence booster for me. Don’t work golf, just PLAY!

ULEWZ;n8888321 said:
Careful what you ask for. I had a horrid round last Friday with my wife. I don't think I have hit worse. I think it is time for some more lessons to get my consistency back on Par. I did hit a 25 foot putt from the fringe that made me smile, and one drive about 250 yards, but that was it. So I decided to make it a learning round and played my hybrid 5 multiple times, which actually worked for a change. Just treat it like an iron and hit away.

Something almost soothing and comforting about a higher lofted hybrid. I'll never play an iron above 5i loft if there's a hybrid in that or similar loft knocking about

Great round thommo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbloco;n8887962 said:
Oh man...I just finished the first round at the course I got a players club card with. It's a par 71, 5937 yd. 68.1/125 course, from the "black" tees I play. (green, gold, black, red) Its layout has a lot of forced carries, some water, deep walled bunkers and mounts. It makes one really play location driven golf. very challenging and fun at the same time. It's in good condition the greens are a bit rough due to summer but still fast and well maintain. We had to play two holes from the red and two from the green due to re-sodding the tee boxes.

Here's the kicker...I shot a 45 on the front. and was on my way to a good back nine, until I puked it with some horrid bunker play. and took a 9 for a 53 on the back. But oh baby...I shot a 98!!! I had 4 pars and 6 bogies. I'm a bit excited that I played so well. and still left a lot on the table to improve.

I can't wait for Sunday's round.

Brian

Well done! I r jealous.

Grins;n8888247 said:
We finally had a great weather day here in NE OH so I decided to get a quick 9 in after work yesterday. Unfortunately the wheels came off for the whole round. And I think they were square wheels (like the train from the Island of Misfit Toys). Best hole was bogey - the rest were doubles & triples. I think I hit 2 good shots out of 53. Very frustrating, but the guys I was paired with were fun and the weather was beautiful. Just wish I could figure out where my swing went. I might have to put out a flier for it on a milk carton

It’s an aberration. You’ll be fine.

So, played the course I had mistakenly bought GroupGolf coupons for. It was....alright. Pretty good layout, interesting holes, OK shape. I’d play it again, ....if it weren’t a 90 minute drive. It’s not a destination course. I might still end up there next Saturday, because the money is already spent. If it were 30 minutes away, I’d definitely play there more.

Had 2 legit pars, yanked a 2-foot putt for another, which made me enraged. Had some good drives, some good irons, some nice chips. Putting was oddly lame, though. Shot a 51/50.

Lovely day, no one pushing me, caught up to a group, they let me swing through, played in about 2:45.

Edit: forgot to add, there were power lines and towers in the fairways. Kind of funny. “”Aim to the left of the tower. Don’t hit those lines.””

Hamfist;n8888585 said:
Well done! I r jealous.

Thanks. We had a lot of laughs. Even when I flew bunker to bunker on 18 and then duffed it two more times trying to get out.

Hamfist;n8888609 said:
So, played the course I had mistakenly bought GroupGolf coupons for. It was....alright. Pretty good layout, interesting holes, OK shape. I’d play it again, ....if it weren’t a 90 minute drive. It’s not a destination course. I might still end up there next Saturday, because the money is already spent. If it were 30 minutes away, I’d definitely play there more.

Shot a 51/50.

Wow so close, did you know your total down the stretch? I purposely did not do the math. Btw what courses do you play? I grew up in northern Ohio. And learned to play in Norwalk.

A fairly satisfactory 41/42=83 (par 68 course). It's clearly a good score, but I reckon with a bit of care on a few putts, I could have shot in the 70's today. 83 shots, 41 putts. :doh: Greens and pins were vicious today.

I've also used the thrive wood, stuck my 5w shaft into my 3w head (@14.5°). Just the ticket today, hit a few real beauties, and gross parred 7 out of 18 holes. No trebles. When I apply DG's mental approach, I can't really complain - taking all the positives today.

I'm also upping my campaign to find a Driver head to stick on the 3w shaft. Pure coincidence. Don't look behind the curtain.:neutral:

Incidentally, we were playing the same course from just over a month ago where I posted the picture of that pretty little par 3 with the bonsai trees on it - here's a look more along the side (from the 16th green). You can see the tee box marker on the left.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/qMILNGB.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I returned to the scene of my personal best yesterday. The weather was perfect, with sunshine, temps in the 70’s, and low humidity. I went out in 49 and brought it back in with a 44. That’s a new personal best of 93! :alien2: I had good contact on 17 of 18 tee shots. I really only remember one worm burner type shot. Even the ones that were short or off line were not bad at all. Greens were slow and bumpy but putting was ok. There were a couple strokes given away there. I did find a creek and two drainage ditches. So there may be a few strokes I can shave but for now, feeling good!

I have nothing good to report from today's round. Couple of good drives, negated by awful approach shots. Best was one bogeys, rest were worse or even a lot worse. Total 129 shots. Good thing is that only direction forward is up.

Imaginos;n8889135 said:
I returned to the scene of my personal best yesterday. The weather was perfect, with sunshine, temps in the 70’s, and low humidity. I went out in 49 and brought it back in with a 44. That’s a new personal best of 93! :alien2: I had good contact on 17 of 18 tee shots. I really only remember one worm burner type shot. Even the ones that were short or off line were not bad at all. Greens were slow and bumpy but putting was ok. There were a couple strokes given away there. I did find a creek and two drainage ditches. So there may be a few strokes I can shave but for now, feeling good!

Congratulations on the personal best! Sounds like a great day overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imaginos;n8889135 said:

Congrats!

mtbloco;n8888755 said:
Wow so close, did you know your total down the stretch? I purposely did not do the math. Btw what courses do you play? I grew up in northern Ohio. And learned to play in Norwalk.

I don’t keep track until it’s over. The was n Alliance, down past Canton. I’ve played Eagle creek in Norwalk, and will be playing there again this season. I play all around the NE Ohio area. Wherever the wind takes me.

thommo.sx;n8889126 said:
A fairly satisfactory 41/42=83 (par 68 course). It's clearly a good score, but I reckon with a bit of care on a few putts, I could have shot in the 70's today. 83 shots, 41 putts. :doh: Greens and pins were vicious today.

I've also used the thrive wood, stuck my 5w shaft into my 3w head (@14.5°). Just the ticket today, hit a few real beauties, and gross parred 7 out of 18 holes. No trebles. When I apply DG's mental approach, I can't really complain - taking all the positives today.

I'm also upping my campaign to find a Driver head to stick on the 3w shaft. Pure coincidence. Don't look behind the curtain.:neutral:

Incidentally, we were playing the same course from just over a month ago where I posted the picture of that pretty little par 3 with the bonsai trees on it - here's a look more along the side (from the 16th green). You can see the tee box marker on the left.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/qMILNGB.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Nice! Was the thrive off the deck, or the tee? Tinkering with clubs is fun.

Imaginos;n8889135 said:

Outstanding! Whereabouts in PA?

jlaakso;n8889233 said:
I have nothing good to report from today's round. Couple of good drives, negated by awful approach shots. Best was one bogeys, rest were worse or even a lot worse. Total 129 shots. Good thing is that only direction forward is up.

You hit two good drives! There’s your positive.

A practice round on the short course today. Hit some clunkers, but mostly good shots. Tweaked some things here and there. Moved the ball position towards my left foot for my hybrids and seemed to be hitting them well. Yesterday’s solo round, I was thinning them a bit too often, so wanted to monkey around with some things. May have found a nugget.

Hamfist;n8889442 said:
Nice! Was the thrive off the deck, or the tee? Tinkering with clubs is fun.

Strictly tee - the thrive was so good today, I didn't need to hit anything over a hybrid for my second shot, even on the par 5.

Now, one of us - and I'm not saying which one - but one of us has just won a Cobra LTD driver head for £40, and whoever that person is, they will be dropping that head onto the 3w shaft as soon as it turns up, giving it some filthy swipes, and then having a long hard bath with themself as they think about gapping that thriver down to whatever the next club ends up being. :good:

What’s up B100 hope everyone is well! 87 today after a rough scramble yesterday! I hope you all hit them straight this weekend.

Imaginos;n8889135 said:

Congrats and well done.

Lots of good golf here this weekend from everyone!! Congrats.

Shot 59/54 for a 113 at my home course. Had two left feet for some reason today. Played zig zag golf today. Driving was good, hybrids and putting just OK. Chipping and irons were herendous. Just one of those days where I couldn't make good contact. I've been scoring right around 100 consistently lately, so hopefully this is just an anomaly.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Back