What makes this game tough for YOU?

The main thing? Time. If I had more time to golf, more time to practice..... I would be better.

Skill level sits where it is solely because of lack of time/availability to do golf things.

If only I could get noticeably better at golf, just from reading the forums.

Time for me like many others. But been dedicating more of it lately to improve my game. Mainly working on my short game which has drastically improved since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No clear swing philosophy. I got lessons when I first started playing about 15+ years ago. Then I took a long break from playing. Now I'm just lost and don't really have the time or money get my swing back. Some days when I stand over the ball I have no idea how or where to start my takeaway. On good days everything is in sync and I have no idea why. On bad days, everything sucks and I have no idea why.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Consistency is the big killer for me, I'll have days where it feels like I can't do much wrong and then the next day it's like I've never played any golf. I really wish I could figure that part out because I know what I am capable of.

I give away 5 shots through the bag, at least, damn near every time I play anymore.

A 3 putt or miss a make-able putt for up and down
drive the ball in the trees or heather
miss the green with a wedge or short iron
mishit or misjudge a shot around the green
try to play the very low percentage or shot

I used to be solid with the driver and the putter, not so much anymore

SunnyWalker;n8882598 said:
I give away 5 shots through the bag, at least, damn near every time I play anymore.

A 3 putt or miss a make-able putt for up and down
drive the ball in the trees or heather
miss the green with a wedge or short iron
mishit or misjudge a shot around the green
try to play the very low percentage or shot

I used to be solid with the driver and the putter, not so much anymore

Add to your list mishit an easy shot from the middle of the fairway and also chip to just short of the fringe so you have to chip again.

And do everything on the list once every 9 holes. Then you have my game in a nutshell. It's the difference between the high 90s that I usually shoot and the mid 80s where I think I could and probably should be.

Like a lot of people, consistency is the thing for me - on some days it feels like I can't do anything wrong, but other days it feels like I have to fight my swing to get things working and it can be a bit of a struggle

gonyr;n8882605 said:
Add to your list mishit an easy shot from the middle of the fairway and also chip to just short of the fringe so you have to chip again.

And do everything on the list once every 9 holes. Then you have my game in a nutshell. It's the difference between the high 90s that I usually shoot and the mid 80s where I think I could and probably should be.

That is my game too!! Just too many mistakes through the round. Slowly getting better and more consistent. But my game is not good enough to compensate for those mistakes.

Back