How many rounds in a row can you par at least one hole (mid to high cappers)

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
The Birdie thread is awesome, but TBH, for anyone 15+, birdies are not an every round thing. From the data I have seen, for a 15+, the average is somewhere around 0.3 birdies per round or less, so in reality, we are talking one birdie every 3-4 rounds.

To that end, I think Par is an accomplishment for the mid to high capper.

So let's get this rolling for the group I am a proud member of, the mid to high capper.

How many rounds in a row can you par at least one hole (mid to high cappers)?

Right now I am at 12, but yesterday was only one hole.

Love this, also a proud member of the high capper. I won't call myself a mid capper yet. LOL!

I am currently at 11 rounds that I have tracked that I have atleast 1 par. My most recent round I had 3 pars.

I can't like this thread enough!

Thinking back as far as I can, I believe 10 sounds right and it might be more, but I will stand at 10. Still get a huge grin on my face for each par I get, just something about performing the way the hole expected you to play makes me enjoy it. Some pars aren't pretty but those boring fairway, green, 2 putt pars are the best!

My current streak is at 4. I had a streak of 8 earlier this summer. My rounds are almost exclusively 9 holes. If I pair them up to make 18 hole rounds, then my streak is at about 10. According to my gps app, my average is 1.2 pars per round (of 9 holes) over the past year. My current goal is not so much to increase pars and the rare birdies, but to decrease the triples and worse. I figure the pars will just come as a side effect.

gonyr;n8881804 said:
My current streak is at 4. I had a streak of 8 earlier this summer. My rounds are almost exclusively 9 holes. If I pair them up to make 18 hole rounds, then my streak is at about 10. According to my gps app, my average is 1.2 pars per round (of 9 holes) over the past year. My current goal is not so much to increase pars and the rare birdies, but to decrease the triples and worse. I figure the pars will just come as a side effect.

Absoultely. Those triples or worse are the bane of my golf game. I am happy to play bogey golf with an occasional par or even a birdie(very rare).

You're my kind of guy, millsan1. According to Arccos I have a 20 round streak going that dates back to mid-May and I'm still a 19.8 handicap. I feel like my game is strong enough that I should be making more but the 3-putts are par killers.

I’m at 10. I’m a 22 so I shoot for bogeys and pars are just a nice bonus

Count me in for this group! Definitely embracing the mid to high cap emblem.

My current streak for at least one par per round is 14 rounds. My last non-par round was a 9 hole league round in mid-May. The current streak spans six different courses.

Yup , high capper here. 19-20. Also trying to reduce the triples.

Mens 9 last night, managed 2 pars.

I'm sitting at zero. But did par a hole in my first round in my comeback bid. Two rounds on tap for this weekend, hopefully my percentage of pars goes up.

vdubtx;n8881831 said:
Those triples or worse are the bane of my golf game. I am happy to play bogey golf with an occasional par or even a birdie(very rare).

Same here. My league round last week was 3 pars, 3 bogeys, a double, and 2 quads. It seems like I can count on self destructing a few holes each week. Not back to back or even necessarily on the hardest holes, just at random times.

BlueHen2006;n8881801 said:
I can't like this thread enough!

Thinking back as far as I can, I believe 10 sounds right and it might be more, but I will stand at 10. Still get a huge grin on my face for each par I get, just something about performing the way the hole expected you to play makes me enjoy it. Some pars aren't pretty but those boring fairway, green, 2 putt pars are the best!

Every par is the result of at least 1 good shot. That's definitely something to take pride in.

Great idea, bud! I can actually post in here more frequently (think my longest streak in the other thread was 3 rounds?). I'll take a look tonight and post where I'm at.

I came dangerously close to resetting yesterday. Par on 16. Not a pretty day besides that.

not something ive kept track of but I cant remember the last round I played where I didnt get at least one par. I would guess im around 15 or so. However, I havent had a birdie in a couple years. Missed by mere inches multiple times

At least par? Four rounds ago I didn't have a par but I did have a birdie.

As bad as I am at golf, I can't remember the last time I didn't par at least 2 or 3 holes. I generally par a couple of par 3s and par 5s. I rarely par any par 4s. I'll have to start keeping track.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I started this thread as a way to embrace the mid to high, since the birdie thread is not realistic for most of us. Most of us will hit a birdie or two or three in a year, but rounds in a row? Not so much.

In the "breaking 100" thread, it seems like some of the mid to high cappers feel like THP is more geared towards the better golfers. I do not think so, but some of the threads are clearly geared towards the better golfers. I am hoping this thread is more inviting to my peeps, the 15+ golfers.

JMB3;n8882091 said:
At least par? Four rounds ago I didn't have a par but I did have a birdie.

I don't make the rules, but I'd say it counts.

millsan1;n8882099 said:
I started this thread as a way to embrace the mid to high, since the birdie thread is not realistic for most of us. Most of us will hit a birdie or two or three in a year, but rounds in a row? Not so much.

In the "breaking 100" thread, it seems like some of the mid to high cappers feel like THP is more geared towards the better golfers. I do not think so, but some of the threads are clearly geared towards the better golfers. I am hoping this thread is more inviting to my peeps, the 15+ golfers.

As was previously mentioned I'd be hard pressed to have nearly as long a streak without a triple (or worse) on the card. That streak is usually about 1 round before it unfortunately resets. My last round without at least a triple was on 8/4. Prior to that it was 7/10. Unfortunately, there were 4 rounds between those two all of which had at least a triple sometime during the round. The two rounds since 8/4 have also each had a triple (or worse). So, I can definitely scratch out a few pars a round but it's much more difficult to keep from totally messing up a hole or two along the way.

22 HC. Streak is currently the last 25 rounds. Many where I've only gotten a couple.

Even at my level, the rounds where I couldn't buy a par became almost comical... almost. Because my short game is normally pretty bad (there are a lot of rounds where I can't scramble for anything), the rounds where I'm failing to hit GIRs really increase the chance of no pars.

gonyr;n8882135 said:
I don't make the rules, but I'd say it counts.

Good, ha! I'm at a whopping 6 rounds, but I feel like my game is slowly coming around, so I should be able to build on this streak.

I can generally eek out a par or two a round (quickly more than offset by some double bogeys)

Back from an 18 with a friend. Managed a 94 with 3 pars and one triple

OGputtnfool;n8881997 said:
Every par is the result of at least 1 good shot. That's definitely something to take pride in.

Very true, good mentality to have after a par.

Back