How many rounds in a row can you par at least one hole (mid to high cappers)

I've not kept count. I'd guesstimate I usually go 2-3 rounds with a par, then fall off a cliff for 2-3 rounds. Repeat. No offical cap, I shoot low-100's/high 90's.

Great thread!

Currently my streak is just three, after a disaster round at Genoa Ranch during the Lake Tahoe Open - Part Deux. That round stopped my previous streak at twenty. For me its a pretty bad day if I don't get at least one par, and fortunately it rarely happens.

I guess the first question is what do you consider mid to high handicap?

I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't have a single par in a round, but having a handicap of 11 I expect to have at least 5-6 minimum in a round

I've never done it more than 1 in a row (if that's a row), but when I do, I'll shout it from the rooftops.

What is considered a mid capper again? I think I'm at 15 hcp I believe.

If I'm a mid capper, rounds with pars are pretty regular for me, it's my double bogeys that keep my scores and hcp higher lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My current streak is at 7. Waaay too many double, triple bogey (and higher) holes in those rounds though.

I just checked Arccos and it's been at least 14 rounds in a row with a par. That's all the rounds I have in the system. It's the double and triple bogeys that kill my scores. Now if you started a thread about how many rounds in a row can you go without a triple bogey, the answer would be 0.

TheDoctor;n8882773 said:
I guess the first question is what do you consider mid to high handicap?

I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't have a single par in a round, but having a handicap of 11 I expect to have at least 5-6 minimum in a round

15+ in my opinion.

greekelite;n8882828 said:
What is considered a mid capper again? I think I'm at 15 hcp I believe.

If I'm a mid capper, rounds with pars are pretty regular for me, it's my double bogeys that keep my scores and hcp higher lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think 15+ qualifies. Reality is this:

If you shoot for a 90, you are basically trying to play bogey golf. So a par in bogey golf is equal to a birdie for a scratch or low cap player in my opinion. So when I am playing, Pars feel like birdies to me, and bogies feel like pars. Birdies feel like birdies. Weird.

13 as of last round

14, but only one par today.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MagicSpell;n8881852 said:
Count me in for this group! Definitely embracing the mid to high cap emblem.

My current streak for at least one par per round is 14 rounds. My last non-par round was a 9 hole league round in mid-May. The current streak spans six different courses.

Two more rounds in with multiple pars per round so I'm up to 16. Playing a course tomorrow that could be a challenge for me the way I've been playing lately.

15 with 3 today

17 rounds. But two without a triple eludes me

I have parred at least one hole every round this season. I've had a birdie several times because they re-rated the course and one hole that was a difficult par 4 is now an easy par 5. I can reach it in two on good days.

Almost always have at least one par. I call it getting 'Skunked' if I don't. Had 2 and a very nice birdie on a tough hole yesterday! It came right after the 10 I shot on the par 5...

Even by standards of someone with a 17-18 handicap index, I am very inconsistent. I make gobs of triples or worse but I always make at least a couple of pars. Well, not necessarily "always" but probably 99% of the time. I'd say I have a round with no pars at all maybe once or twice a year.

So I can only guess what my current streak is but it's probably around 50 or so rounds in a row with at least one par.

All my 9-hole golf league rounds this year and every 18 also.

I'm a 16 right now, and it's because of an inconsistent/penal tee game at times, but it's rare I don't par one of the par-3's.

Current streak at 12. Made 3 pars and even had a birdie on a short par 3 yesterday.

Back