How many rounds in a row can you card zero Triples or worse (mid to high cappers)

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
Since no good deed goes unpunished, let's try this:

As a mid to high capper, how many rounds in a row have you gone with out a triple or worse on the card?

My current is 0.

Best string recently was 5

0 currently here too. Had two triples in my round this past weekend. D'Oh!!

Starting from 0 since my last outing i had 2 triples on there. Let's hope we start a new streak the next time out.

Here's my "streak" as posted in the par thread...
That streak is usually about 1 round before it unfortunately resets. My last round without at least a triple was on 8/4. Prior to that it was 7/10. Unfortunately, there were 4 rounds between those two all of which had at least a triple sometime during the round. The two rounds since 8/4 have also each had a triple (or worse).

I got a zero, here.

Current streak is zero. Longest streak this year is ..... one.

Occasionally one in a row.

I probably have a one or more triples or worse in about 90% of my games lately.

In the past when I've been playing better I've had multiple rounds in a row with just one or two double and no triples. But that was over a year ago now, back when my handicap index was flirting with the upper 14's.

Handicap index 18 currently.

It's only happened a few times, never twice in a row, and none this year.

I started out tonight with two triples!

I'm on 0 cause I had one Friday. I have been out playing 3 or 4 holes a night since then without one though, but no official rounds yet.

I've played 299 holes this year and have 25 "other" or about 8.4% of the time. I play 9 holes at a time so I get the dreaded "other" about every other time out.

Dave

Zero as of yesterday. But I like a challenge!

Ha! I'm at 1 :( I had a driver draw problem on a target golf course last weekend.

Whiskey

If I get a round without a triple it's usually a good round for me.

Handicap 10.7

Triples are pretty rare for me so I don't tend to keep a count, but if I go from this weekend, I have had 3 rounds without anything worse than a double

TheDoctor;n8882552 said:
Handicap 10.7

Triples are pretty rare for me so I don't tend to keep a count, but if I go from this weekend, I have had 3 rounds without anything worse than a double

10.7 is not the target audience. You are much better than us. I think mid to high is 15+

Back to 1 in a row!

Depending on where you draw the line for mid-handicappers, I'd say it's seldom. I'm a 9.3, playing some of the best golf of my life, and rarely have round without a double.

I have 187 rounds in my GolfPad tracker and only 1 with no doubles. I had 10 pars and 8 bogies that day.

Zero, but after next saturday or sunday, 1.

Rounds? I can't get through 3 holes without one.

OGputtnfool;n8885749 said:
Depending on where you draw the line for mid-handicappers, I'd say it's seldom. I'm a 9.3, playing some of the best golf of my life, and rarely have round without a double.

I have 187 rounds in my GolfPad tracker and only 1 with no doubles. I had 10 pars and 8 bogies that day.
We are counting triples or worse, not doubles

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Currently at zero. I tend to have at least 3 or 4 blowup holes a round. I just give up on holes and want to move on. Then you add the occasional lost ball it can get away from you quick.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

For all my current troubles, I've twice gone through periods of a year or so where I was playing much more consistently than I have lately. When I'm playing really well my handicap isn't all that much lower (index of 14-15 rather than 17-18) but I simply don't have many blow-up holes.[see postscript]

The game is soooooo much more relaxing when a bad hole means missing a bogey putt and having a tap-in double rather than hitting it seven or eight times and picking up. But unfortunately, I have to do a fair amount of practicing to maintain that kind of consistency and I simply hate practicing. So I live with my two to four triple-or-worse holes per round and just try to play well on the other holes.

P.S. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature in the handicap system. But when I'm ESC-maxing out three or four times a round my index will be around 18 and when I'm playing better and almost never making a triple or worse it only goes down to 14.5 or 15. Rounds with multiple triples and quads and X's on the card sure FEEL a heck of a lot more than 3-1/2 strokes worse than rounds with four doubles, eight bogeys and six pars.

I’m pretty sure I’m at zero. Hopefully I can get out for a round this weekend and we’ll see how it goes.

Back