Payne: documentary replaying tonight on Golf Channel

oumagic

‘24 NFL Experience at Ballyhack
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.2
Payne Stewart was my favorite golfer. I saw that they are replaying the one hour documentary tonight. I am not sure what time it is on around the country, but it starts in 40 minutes here in Arizona. I have it set to record and it is a good documentary. I am not sure this in the right forum, but thought I would share. It is approaching 20 years since his untimely death.

Was a huge fan of Payne, Thanks for this . Such a tragic story in his prime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember watching Payne work thru a bucket of balls at the 1998 US Open Olympic Club driving range. His swing tempo appeared identical, from sand wedge up thru the mid irons, long irons, and woods.Just remarkably pure swinging and ball striking which absolutely stood out, even within the environment of a driving range filled with Tour pros.

They're using a live TV overrun... from last year... it's taped ffs NBC

What a great guy. Such a tragic ending, but he left a lasting legacy.

I extended my recording 30 minutes so I didn’t miss the ending. I think this is the same documentary that first came out in 2014?

oumagic;n8882524 said:
I extended my recording 30 minutes so I didn’t miss the ending. I think this is the same documentary that first came out in 2014?

yes the 2014 program

oumagic;n8882496 said:
Payne Stewart was my favorite golfer. I saw that they are replaying the one hour documentary tonight. I am not sure what time it is on around the country, but it starts in 40 minutes here in Arizona. I have it set to record and it is a good documentary. I am not sure this in the right forum, but thought I would share. It is approaching 20 years since his untimely death.

I'm with ya on Payne, sorry I missed the documentary, but will look for the replay.

I wanted to bump this thread with today being the anniversary of Mr. Stewart’s death. I received an email from Pinehurst and you can stream the special if you want. Edited to add: I have not watched the one linked and am not sure it is the same documentary, but I think it is.

Thanks for the link, I just bought the Payne Stewart book that came out, I’m looking forward to watching this.

Back