Golfing and Duckpin Bowling-Can you shoot under 100 and score over 100?

Golfing and Duckpin Bowling-Can you shoot under 100 and score over 100?

• Neither, I'm not an athlete.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keno is an idiot for asking this question.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kenomikes

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.6 GHIN
Can you shoot under 100 Golfing and score over 100 Duckpin Bowling?

I golf and bowl with a bunch of guys and you'd be very surprised how many have no chance of doing both.

We have a blast though, especially when the drinks and jokes are flowing.

what is duckpin bowling? is that like 10-pin bowling at a bowling alley?

I know for certain I can on the first question, been a long time since I did any duck pin bowling.

McLovin;n8883220 said:
what is duckpin bowling? is that like 10-pin bowling at a bowling alley?

Wow .... don't tell me you have never done this?

I've done it. Albeit duck pin bowling was years ago & there aren't any lanes around us anymore.

Duckpin bowling is a different variation of 10 pin bowling. While I have never tried candle or duck pin bowling. I am an avid 10 pin bowler and have notched 12 perfect 300 games in sanctioned competition.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"872","width":"1280","src":"https:\/\/upload.wikimedia.org\/wikipedia\/commons\/thumb\/1\/18\/20190107_Bowling_balls_and_pins.png\/1280px-20190107_Bowling_balls_and_pins.png"}[/IMG2]

golfinnut;n8883238 said:
Wow .... don't tell me you have never done this?

never heard of it. where do you play it? in a backyard?

I can break sometimes 100 golfing. I've never been duckpin bowling, but I'm definitely above average at regular bowling so I'm guessing I could. Unless 100 is like an amazing score at duckpin or something - I don't even know how it works.

McLovin;n8883258 said:
never heard of it. where do you play it? in a backyard?

Nope ... in a bowling alley. Smaller ball & smaller pins

duckpin_2.jpg

duckpin.jpg

golfinnut i've never seen that in my life. must be a northern thing when you guys are snowed inside with nothing better to do.

McLovin;n8883350 said:
golfinnut i've never seen that in my life. must be a northern thing when you guys are snowed inside with nothing better to do.

Yeah for the most part you're right. But it's fading away now. There aren't many duckpin alleys left anymore. I played it a lot as a kid when my parents were doing the regular bowling, I would be duckpin bowling. It was always a hit with kids & old timers that couldn't pick up the 16# regular bowling ball anymore but still loved the atmosphere. It's just like golf ... just another excuse to drink a beer!

McLovin;n8883350 said:

Haha this made me literally laugh and cry at the same time. I have never heard it called that, around here I think we called it canadian bowling? Never seen it though. We do have feather bowling too haha

I haven't done duckpin bowling in probably a decade, but I remember it being a ton of fun and definitely harder than tenpin. I used to bowl in leagues all the times with the occasional tournament sprinkled in there, but with a family now, it's on hold for the time being. I already have the under 100 golfing, but I think if you gave me a few weeks or even a month I could break 100 duckpin, but for now it's a mystery.

I've never done duckpin bowling, but if we're talking esoteric types of bowling, I've bowled over 100 in candlepin before. I've got zero idea if that's easier or harder though.

Yea so Duckpin bowling is smaller balls than 10 pin, larger than Candlepin, it's more of an eastern USA thing. Here's an article describing it, even mentions there's never been a 300 game.

Fun note: As a kid I set pins in a Knight's of Columbus (had 4 lanes) at the top of my street and made tips.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/29/sports/duckpin-bowling.html

Anyways,

My point doing this thread was I play golf with a bunch of guys and during the summer if it's raining, we go bowling instead. In the winter it's bowling. Same thing, camaraderie.

Nobody cares what you score, it's all about having a good time. Like I just played in the Unofficial THP New England Outing in MA. We had guys in the 100's and guys in the 80's and it was all the same. A great time for all.

I've seen duckpin bowling but never tried. I think of it practiced it a couple of times I'd be able to go over 100 and can easily break 100 in golf.

Back