donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
DO you walk or ride when you go to the course and why? I am a couple of weeks from 62 and i walk when i go play. I have a Bag Boy 4 wheel push cart for a lot of the year, when it gets to be summertime here in Texas i also have a remote controlled bag carrier that i use to make the heat more bearable...what do you do to enjoy the game and get some exercise?

ride 99.9% of the time. in my area the courses are very spread out, and walking is rarely an option. i also live in a very hot and humid climate, so walking can be very taxing. that said, i always enjoy my walking rounds.

I prefer to ride, but when playing late fall and the days are cooler I prefer to walk.

Walk except in broiling heat, or if I know I have a crazy schedule.

its 50-50 for me

Ride for the majority. I like walking 9 though. I physically could walk 18 just fine, but I can't remember the last time I ever did.

donny475;n8883131 said:
DO you walk or ride when you go to the course and why? I am a couple of weeks from 62 and i walk when i go play. I have a Bag Boy 4 wheel push cart for a lot of the year, when it gets to be summertime here in Texas i also have a remote controlled bag carrier that i use to make the heat more bearable...what do you do to enjoy the game and get some exercise?

Here in my area, due to long distances from green to the next tee box, approximately half the golf courses are "riding only".

At 41, I still try and convince myself that I prefer to walk, but I'm full of BS. Give me a cart.

I prefer to walk and do for league each week.

I prefer to walk. I'll, occasionally, get a cart, but the times are few and far between. If I'm going out after the city's "sunset" rates go into effect (1800 this time of year), then I'll get a cart. For $9 greens fees and $5 (or $6) for the cart, I can give myself a shot at getting in 18 holes. Hard to pass that up.

I feel like I play better when i walk though.

Ride 100%. I'll try and walk between shots when I can, but arthritis makes walking pretty difficult at times.

Walk all rounds unless it is a tournament or event where everybody else is riding.

Riding 99% of the time, honestly don't know last time I walked a course. Some courses are just too far spread out to make walking a good option, plus I really like driving carts!!

Unfortunately, I ride close to 98% of my rounds in a year. That is mainly due to the course layouts here in charleston. I prefer walking though. It's nice to take in the scenery, have time between shots to actually think about my next one/plan it out.

I love golf as a walking sport. I am not opposed to riding and have had some seriously fun riding rounds. I just prefer to walk. I also like to carry, but a push cart is a nice supporting resource.

I need to get both knees replaced, so I ride for the most part. I do walk a little and let my playing partner drive off and on.

PapaJohick;n8883883 said:
Unfortunately, I ride close to 98% of my rounds in a year. That is mainly due to the course layouts here in charleston. I prefer walking though. It's nice to take in the scenery, have time between shots to actually think about my next one/plan it out.

I have played two in Charleston, Wrenwood on base and Westcot Plantation

donny475;n8883131 said:

walk almost 100% of time and I'm 53. I hate riding. Have too on vacation resort courses but my group hates to ride. Even my 75 year old father walks the front 9 with us. My group dreams of walking at 85 should we make it that long. we care more about that then our score. Actually we care more about how fast we can finish walking too.

I want to be a walker, but none of my buddies will walk with me. I have a great pushcart, and I use it sometimes when playing solo, but 95% of my rounds I ride.

Im 54 and walk always. every two rounds of walking adds up to savings for a round of golf. Plus I like heading to my own ball. When riding imo its only good when both players are playing good cart golf. Otherwise I find it more a pain in the butt than anything else. Plus the walking thise miles is good for me anyway.

Walk when I'm playing 9 during the week or 18 if it's CPO on weekends.
Ride weekends non CPO usually cause course requires it

Been riding all my rounds except 1 so far this year. I need to walk a bit more when it cools down.

I walk some in the spring and fall (and some of the occasional winter) rounds but that is knee dependent. In the summer, it’s most always too hot and humid to walk, so I ride.

Walking and carrying 90% of the time for 18 for me. Do it mostly for the exercise and its cheaper. I do go through insoles in my golf shoes, though.

donny475;n8883987 said:
I have played two in Charleston, Wrenwood on base and Westcot Plantation

Not sure if wrenwood is open to non military right? Wescott you can walk but it’s not super easy. No where near as bad as others though and isncertainly manageable.

Back