Why is GOLF so freaking addicting??

cbaker2882;n8883299 said:
Golf is the one game you can really never master/perfect. I think that constant ability to improve yourself makes it as addicting as it can be.

This is part of it for me too. I am one of those guys that tries to do everything well and that has me constantly doing something golf related in pursuit of constantly improving.

That one big thing.... which is different for all of us.... Its the one shot, the new equipment, the friendships, the improvement, the regression, the scenery.... its all of that and more.... for me

To me its addicting because its a game/challenge that I can never perfect. There is always something I could do to make myself better. That drives me a little as Im not able to really be all that competitive in anything else haha.

I also am addicted due to the amount of social time it gives me with friends and strangers. truly a perfect storm for me hobby wise.

PapaJohick;n8883879 said:
To me its addicting because its a game/challenge that I can never perfect. There is always something I could do to make myself better. That drives me a little as Im not able to really be all that competitive in anything else haha.

I also am addicted due to the amount of social time it gives me with friends and strangers. truly a perfect storm for me hobby wise.

Same thing here dude. It’s a perfect storm for aure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it’s memories of playing with my Dad as a junior golfer, the mental challenge (which is fun because I have the mental capacity of a goldfish), the fiends that it has brought me through the years and continues daily with fellow THP’ers, its a game that provides timeless stories to share, its a break from reality, and without it, I think I would be flat out bored.

There are a ton of reasons which is great because as frustrating as it gets we need them! That perfect shot is addicting, the fact that a great round of golf can happen at any time and the fact that I get to spend a few hours out with my friends or family is always a plus.

chefkritter;n8884319 said:
For me it’s memories of playing with my Dad as a junior golfer, the mental challenge (which is fun because I have the mental capacity of a goldfish), the fiends that it has brought me through the years and continues daily with fellow THP’ers, its a game that provides timeless stories to share, its a break from reality, and without it, I think I would be flat out bored.

Yup! Totally agree dude! That connection is something that lasts

KEV;n8884360 said:
There are a ton of reasons which is great because as frustrating as it gets we need them! That perfect shot is addicting, the fact that a great round of golf can happen at any time and the fact that I get to spend a few hours out with my friends or family is always a plus.

Samesies lol

Reactions: KEV
I agree with everything in this thread and this is included in many of the posts but the mental challenge is what has me hooked. Making the best of what swing you have that day, drawing on a good thought from a past round, thinking more so than merely reacting, calming yourself over a putt, overcoming a bad decision or swing, accepting the rub of the green, and so much more. Add friends on top of that and you have the best game in the world.

That one great shot that teases you with promise and drives you to find it again.

To me,, it is the golf course itself; for it is close to paradise. It offers a peace of mind, and comfort to the soul, a breath of fresh air, some wild life and not a bunch of bugs.. God has giving us this world to play in,,, and the golf course for me is a get away from the world and its loud distractions.

BroD;n8886068 said:
To me,, it is the golf course itself; for it is close to paradise. It offers a peace of mind, and comfort to the soul, a breath of fresh air, some wild life and not a bunch of bugs.. God has giving us this world to play in,,, and the golf course for me is a get away from the world and its loud distractions.

That it is...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbloco;n8886030 said:
That one great shot that teases you with promise and drives you to find it again.

I concur with this like many others have said. That one shot hear and there brings me back every time

A few reasons for me, in no particular order:

-Endless variety

-I love being outdoors

-The mental challenges are outstanding and are helping to make me a more patient and calm person

-Friendships (old and new)on the course

Back