If not golf, what would it be?

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Okay, let's say that you were forced to never play golf again. Not for injury reasons, but because of a promise made or you grew tired of the game. Now you find yourself in need of a new pastime or hobby. What activity would you replace golf with (preferably something you don't currently participate in to make it more interesting)?

For me it would still be something that got me outdoors, but not put too much stress on my knees so I think I would take up fishing. I use to fish a lot as a kid and really enjoyed it, but it has been a long time since I have wet a hook. What would you guys (and gals) take up?

Definitely tennis. If it had to be something I wasn't currently doing, it would be flying. Love getting to be in the air, away from the hustle and bustle of life down here.

Landscaping - I am an in-the-closet wannabe golf course superintendent.

Hiking. I enjoy nature and being outdoors.

if it's something i've never done before, i'll say hunting, specifically bird hunting. i could get into that scene.

Fishing or shooting for me.

More mountain biking. a sport that consumed me 4+ days a week. One I still very much enjoy, but some of that time on the bike is now going to golf.

Fishing probably. I mean, I fish plenty now - I'm fortunate enough to have a wife that makes me take her at least once a week this time of year - but I suppose I could make it a golf type obsession. They're not very different I suppose. They both came pretty naturally, take my mind off of work, there's a constant influx of new gear to research and try, both are a good excuse to travel to warm locales for, wife obviously likes it. Yeah, fishing I guess. I have decided to hunt again this fall/winter though when there's no golf to be had here. Haven't done much in a few years and I do really enjoy that.

Believe it or not (for those that have met me!) probably cycling.
I rode once, back in my sleeker days in the military. Those hills in Germany are a #$#@ though. But the scenery is great. Gets you in the open.

Tapt on my Honor 7X

Hmmm, could be fishing, as I have owned a boat and mountain biking. But if I had year round access to snow definitely skiing

Definitely fishing or more hunting.

I'd probably go back to recreational cycling. I used to love it as a kid. I could leave the house in the morning on my bike, and not come home until the street lights came on at night. I stopped sometime in my teens, but picked it up again for a few years as an adult. Wife and I both love it, but just never have the time anymore.

Well, either motorcycles, paintball, scuba, skiing, flying, shooting, hunting, fishing or any of the other hobbies I have had, LOL

Fishing more often or getting back into competitive shooting that I did for a few years back in Va.

I'd probably go fishing alot more if I wasn't playing golf.

Fishing for sure. I still fish a bit, but not like the past. Right now I figure if the weather is good enough to fish, it's good enough to golf !

I think I'd get back into long distance running or maybe do more hiking. Maybe trail running? Something to keep me outside and away from the hustle and bustle of life.

I would try to get my back in a good enough state to be able to play badminton again at the competitive level I used to play

No clue. Probably whatever my son wanted to do because we spend most of our evening free time playing golf together.

Skiing. But unfortunately Im stuck in the NY/NJ/PA area and even that requires travel time, and is expensive. My dream would been/be to live somewhere in the Rockies or sierra navadas for both winter and summer. Skiing, snow mobile, lakes, boating, fishing, hiking, fresh air, beautiful scenery, etc,etc....

Cycling without question. I'm just scared of the rabbit hole of equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racquetball if my old body could still handle it. Use to play a lot but haven't in about 8 years.

For something that I don't currently participate in...sailing. I have this strange desire to sail across an ocean.

For things that I do participate in...wakeboarding, snowboarding, mountainbiking, backpacking.

I could see trying to get myself back into Tennis. I really enjoy it as a kid, the only issue is that they really isn't much for leagues around here.

Back